order status and projects

Is your BOB ready?

We lost power here as well: ice and strong winds.

we're ready for in or out. out would mean the 70 foot pine tree falling on the house...

Cottonwoods here. Old and diseased, but I love 'em. Unless they fall through the roof.

Of course, that might give me an excuse for a bigger knife.....

for the most part here in this section of town it is chinese hackberries. (Not bad meal for soups and multi-grain breads, really works well with acorn, but most people don't know that)

We happen to have a tall pine in the back yard, which is.... massive.... and swaying, which doesn't generally happen even int he big storms (we're talking 4.5 foot thick trunk)

Damn, that sucks!

We actually got worried enough we moved Sierra's beemer and my van into the grass away from the trees.

Okay. all the leather issues with our supplier are solved and we're almost caught up- there's one special piggyback that has been waiting, another piggyback set, and a half dozen other knives.

Right now the job board has something like 9 or 10 orders on it, all is on track.

I'm hammering out a lot right now- have the show in Reno on the weekend of November 13th. I should have all orders needed before then done by then and the 2 orders that are looking at Thanksgiving timeframes should be heat treated and have handles roughed by then as well.

Wow, time is flying. KG and I have been shop monsters the past week, getting a few orders out and ramping up for the show.

Big Reno Gun Show this weekend- KG can't make it this time but I'll be there all weekend... as usual.

I keep forgetting to take photos, maybe I'll get a group shot of stuff we've finished before I leave on thursday

these days I feel like this is the weather thread. another blow coming in, winds to 30 already and supposed to reach 45. only an inch of rain this time :)

got some early work done and will hit the rough work on the grinder as much as I can today, but it looks like an inside polishing day and KG helper day for me!

So what's doing down at Koyote Custom?

(This thread is useless without more pics. ;))

holiday recovery!!! - I'm actually working pretty hard today (sierra is taking a few extra days off) but I'll have some photos coming up here in a bit

okay, here we go:

WIP of a sgian dubh (It's actually done, it's my camera work that is WIP)!!

294-0001.jpeg

4 heat treated blades: an LBK, a semi roach belly, and two others.

2009-12-27-0001.jpeg

another semi roach belly. I was about to sand the scales and glue up when I remembered I hadn't taken photos today!!!

2009-12-27-0003.jpeg

2009-12-27-0004.jpeg

And a pair of knives I've finished, the sheaths are still in progress: one is a (larger than the necker) drop edge style knife with a horizontal carry sheath.

The other is an ultralight hiker with walnut and black liners to it. it's only .070 thick and weighs 3 ounces. Handy slicer.

2009-12-27-0005.jpeg

2009-12-27-0006.jpeg

2009-12-27-0007.jpeg

2009-12-27-0008.jpeg

Is that a left handed Sgian Dubh? Palm swell looks like it is on the left side on that one. Awesome knife.

Ultra light hiker looks very handy; great contrast between the black spacers and the light wood. :thumbup:

yep! it's a lefty. (So is mine)

The shop is doing okay, I basically shut down most of it to get a few xmas orders done and get our christmas presents made, Sierra has taken an extra half week off to do family stuff, and tomorrow (hopefully) we'll be back in full swing. I've got a few orders to catch up on, too.

Big storm system coming in all next week- like another 10 inches of rain into saturated ground.

So, I'm hitting the heavy grinding and hat treating as much as I can - got 7 yesterday and another 5-8 going in tonight or tomorrow morning, then I can do all the handle work and hand sanding and stuff.

Got 2 sgian dubh orders ready for hand sanding, all tempered down, 3 alaskans, a few other blades.

the chopper challenge knife is almost ready for a quench now, too.

Back