OREGON KNIFE SHOW 2019

No pics yet? That might be a good thing it means everyone is probably having a good time (and not on their phones or computers) :thumbsup:
Sorry Darren I probably should have reported earlier, but I’ve been busy since leaving the show. Kids with demands of “bring me something back”, dinner, phone conversation, etc. I can’t yet provide pics, my apologies, but I didn’t take pics of/at the show nor have I taken pics yet of my acquisitions. I can, however, report the following in bullet form:

*My feet hurt! 2 slow and thorough laps around the room were successful in aggravating my plantar fasciitis.

*I had the great pleasure of meeting and conversing with Mr. Charlie Campagna. A true gentleman and ambassador of our hobby. Charlie, thank you for your time today, and I hope to chat with you a bit tomorrow.

*My plan to have some discipline on my first lap around the room lasted a whole 3 rows when I happened upon a Goddard custom machete(yes I secretly collect machetes). I loved it the moment I laid eyes on it. I added a few other pieces and put in an order for a custom for the kitchen as well.

*The room was, obviously, busy all day as vendors multi-tasked setup, sales, and conversations. Everyone was very friendly and in good spirits. I was accused several times of being “chipper” and “happy” because, well, I was. Haha

*There were still some empty tables when I left at 5:30. I’m hoping they fill up tomorrow.

I hope to see and talk to some of you tomorrow. I”ll be the guy with a plaid shirt, shorts and a black backpack talking to everybody cuz that’s what I do.

Sorry Darren I probably should have reported earlier, but I’ve been busy since leaving the show. Kids with demands of “bring me something back”, dinner, phone conversation, etc. I can’t yet provide pics, my apologies, but I didn’t take pics of/at the show nor have I taken pics yet of my acquisitions. I can, however, report the following in bullet form:

*My feet hurt! 2 slow and thorough laps around the room were successful in aggravating my plantar fasciitis.

*I had the great pleasure of meeting and conversing with Mr. Charlie Campagna. A true gentleman and ambassador of our hobby. Charlie, thank you for your time today, and I hope to chat with you a bit tomorrow.

*My plan to have some discipline on my first lap around the room lasted a whole 3 rows when I happened upon a Goddard custom machete(yes I secretly collect machetes). I loved it the moment I laid eyes on it. I added a few other pieces and put in an order for a custom for the kitchen as well.

*The room was, obviously, busy all day as vendors multi-tasked setup, sales, and conversations. Everyone was very friendly and in good spirits. I was accused several times of being “chipper” and “happy” because, well, I was. Haha

*There were still some empty tables when I left at 5:30. I’m hoping they fill up tomorrow.

I hope to see and talk to some of you tomorrow. I”ll be the guy with a plaid shirt, shorts and a black backpack talking to everybody cuz that’s what I do.
Awesome sounds like you had a full day :) I got in this evening and am looking forward to tomorrow! I will probably head over to meet Charlie and Barry first thing before it gets too busy. Hope to see you there :thumbsup:

There are a couple REALLY impressive Bowie knife displays. I'm talking museum quality. I'll add some pictures later. But, as an example, the ACTUAL Forrest Bowie is here on display! (eat your heart out, Smithsonian :D)

And the gentleman who owns it is just about as nice a guy as you've ever met.

RZqnVao.jpg

They definitely would be for me too my friend - it would be like coming home after such a long journey to see my friends.
Funny story Campbellclanman Campbellclanman that I have to share. I was talking with Chris Tucker today about the upcoming Rendezvous and the rule changes they are planning for this year. She was saying how the rendezvous is much bigger now and there was this crazy guy who flew out from New Zealand to be there one year...she said "I think his name is Duncan". Lol. You made an impression :)

Many thanks to those who are kind enough to share pictures. They are much appreciated!

Funny story Campbellclanman Campbellclanman that I have to share. I was talking with Chris Tucker today about the upcoming Rendezvous and the rule changes they are planning for this year. She was saying how the rendezvous is much bigger now and there was this crazy guy who flew out from New Zealand to be there one year...she said "I think his name is Duncan". Lol. You made an impression :)

Haha- Thanks Darren,
I can tell you it was a long, long crazy trip- flying all the way from New Zealand to Paul's Home Town - Valley City ( lovely place) North Dakota, then after staying there a while Nanc kicked both of us out and Paul and I flew a coupe of flights before we picked up a Rental Car a drove a fair while to Titusville!! also darned expensive- BEFORE I got to buy any knives!!!! lol

It will be the same again for me to go Oregon in 2020, lately a hurdle has come up though - so I will have to see if I can be ready for 2020, I am hoping so!

Darren Thank you for the reports back to us, :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dan ( Waverave ) a big thank you for the photos :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, Arizona Cowboy seeing my friends faces again is awesome- not to mention Good Ol Dave's amazing Schatt & Morgan display- just WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I know for a fact there are some very very early stamped Knives in there that are so so hard to come by!!
Paul and I were lucky enough to C& F a few of those = awesome!

There was also a really nice Scout display. I meant to get some pics, but I guess I didn't (there was a lot to see). Anyone else get some pics of that one?

Back