Original? USMC Marine Corps Raider Stiletto dagger knife

Hi, I looking for Tom or Phil, sent here by a Mr. Vickery , says Tom or Phil can tell me more about my knife and what I should ask for it or could maybe conect me to a collector that might be interested in buying it. it is in near mint condition Mr. Vickery says it looks to him to be part of the orginal order ? Any help appreciated , Janet

I don't know what I"m doing here my email address is jrseib@swbell.net , if I can't how to answer this post, so if you don hear from me please feel free to email me.

Here are the pictures Janet sent to me.
Can you tell if its from the original WWII run or the 1967?
In either case its a great looking piece.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 34
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 31
Better and more pics would be helpful, and I'm not an expert on these, but based on what I can see in these, it looks original to me. The crack in the guard takes it out of the "mint" category, and could indicate that the handle has started to deteriorate (common on these), but overall it looks like a great piece.

The close-up of the etching looks a little funny to me, but it might just be the lighting. The sheath looks right to me as well, although many of these had metal guards near the bottom.

The second photo appears to have a blued blade with a gold etch like the Camillus reproduction. Normally the etch on the WWII stilettos is very faint and hard to see. The WWII stilettos had cast zinc alloy handles and the reproduction stilettos had cast pewter handles. The sheath looks right for the stiletto, but something about the second photo does not look right.
Acourvil is right. Clearer photos are needed.

Tom Williams

CAMCO,
I just recently picked up a Pearl Harbor Commemorative CASE XX marked Stilletto.
Do you have any info or background on this blade?
Were these some of the Camillus 55 gallon found blades from the 1942 production run?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Back