Ospreyª Tactical Prototypes to debut at SHOT.

This new design by Darrel Ralph will be on display at our booth #4236 at the show. If you're a dealer or member of the press, please feel free to stop by for a closer look. This is one cool design!

Best regards,

BarnZ
smile.gif

------------------
Proud Bladeforums.com SPONSOR & MODERATOR!
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.<p> http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

hey Barn..just had a customer call me and ask about that thing....I will stop by and take a look at the show.

------------------
Knives & Things
Mike Payne

Great, stop on by, rest your feet, have a soda, and check out the Ospreyª.

I hear Darrel's going to be autographing his knife blades for $25 a pop. We expect a very long line. (just kidding of course) - but Darrel will be around to boast about his new beauty.

We're also posting samples at the New Product Center.

BarnZ
smile.gif

------------------
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.<p> http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

The Osprey Protos are great . This knife is a great package. Its small enough, light and easy to carry yet fits big hands like mine. The reverse pinky finger grip works great for thrusting. This feature allows the knife to be streamline, with less width in the front end for the guard, yet functional for the forward, reverse grip and thrust both ways.
The Osprey is a great blend between a gents folder and a tac folder.
I was impressed! Great job Barn!
PLUS A BG42.. BG42.. BG42.. YA! I said BG42 Blade! WOW!!!!!!! Great package!

------------------
Web Site At www.darrelralph.com
MADD MAXX !

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 01-16-2001).]

Here ya go
This is a look at the Osprey.
Osprey.jpg

There will be two models
One all G10 with a bead blast blade in BG42
And a black blade and bolster with maroon micarta.

------------------
Web Site At www.darrelralph.com
MADD MAXX !

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 01-27-2001).]

Hi everyone, and thanks Darrel for posting our ad.

I'd like to add to Darrel's notes that we will also offer a green micarta version and a limited 100 piece (serial numbered) damascus version in our first production run.

After I'm done fighting with Darrel and our company staff over serial numbers 001-010 on the damascus version (he's bigger than me so it won't be easy); the others [#011-100] will go by order of reservation. To reserve one of these 90 pieces we ask for a good faith deposit of $25.00 per knife, by PayPal to: Sales@DeltaZ-Knives.com - or by personal check or money order (no credit cards please) payable to Delta Z Knives, Inc. with your name, address, and e-mail or phone number included. You will receive a receipt and a serial number in order of deposit receipt.

Bear in mind that the delivery is "about" 4 months away, and the price is only an estimate at this point, around $400.00. If you are not happy with the final price (if over $400 ONLY) or the delivery passes 6 months from receipt of your deposit, we will refund your deposit +$2.50 interest for a total of $27.50 at your option.

NOTE: You are bound to complete the purchase however, if the price is at or less than $400.00 and delivery is less than 6 months maximum. Fair is Fair, and we hope you agree. At least we're not quoting 2003 deliveries like Randall
frown.gif

One final point - the damascus will all come with a beautiful red stabilized burl wood scales with bolster. We have one sample (without the damascus blade that will be posted after photos are taken in a few weeks.

Thanks to all BF members for your support and special thanks to Mr. Darrel Ralph, designer extraordinaire for his commitment to Delta Z Knives.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BarnZ:
Hi everyone, and thanks Darrel for posting our ad.

G-10 w/o bolster estimated (projected) retail is $99.95; Micarta w/bolster projeccted retail is $149.95. These are subject to change at this point, but should give you a rough idea how much to plan on spending!

I'd like to add to Darrel's notes that we will also offer a green micarta version and a limited 100 piece (serial numbered) damascus version in our first production run.

After I'm done fighting with Darrel and our company staff over serial numbers 001-010 on the damascus version (he's bigger than me so it won't be easy); the others [#011-100] will go by order of reservation. To reserve one of these 90 pieces we ask for a good faith deposit of $25.00 per knife, by PayPal to: Sales@DeltaZ-Knives.com - or by personal check or money order (no credit cards please) payable to Delta Z Knives, Inc. with your name, address, and e-mail or phone number included. You will receive a receipt and a serial number in order of deposit receipt.

Bear in mind that the delivery is "about" 4 months away, and the price is only an estimate at this point, around $400.00. If you are not happy with the final price (if over $400 ONLY) or the delivery passes 6 months from receipt of your deposit, we will refund your deposit +$2.50 interest for a total of $27.50 at your option.

NOTE: You are bound to complete the purchase however, if the price is at or less than $400.00 and delivery is less than 6 months maximum. Fair is Fair, and we hope you agree. At least we're not quoting 2003 deliveries like Randall
frown.gif

One final point - the damascus will all come with a beautiful red stabilized burl wood scales with bolster. We have one sample (without the damascus blade that will be posted after photos are taken in a few weeks.

Thanks to all BF members for your support and special thanks to Mr. Darrel Ralph, designer extraordinaire for his commitment to Delta Z Knives.

</font>

------------------
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.&lt;p&gt; http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

Is there a clip? If so, I guess it's tip-down?
Very nice. BG-42, too.
Any chance of more options down the road-say green micarta w/bolsters, satin blade?
Slick knife, and a little bigger (longer) than I thought it would be. Love the blade.
Ad mentions CF...

barn,

is ther a clip?

can you give us complete specs?
e.g. liner material, if liner lock etc?

thanks

Markus

------------------
Markus Blattner

Austria

To answer Owen and Markus' questions:

1. Yes, all models will have clip - tip down carry.

2. Green Micarta is planned with first production run along with a damascus version (see my long post above for details).

3. We are starting with G-10 instead of Carbon Fiber due to a $50.00 savings at the retail level. Assuming success with the knife, and demand for the CF version, it will be introduced in our second production run.

4. The G-10 version will not have dual liners, but will have a titanium liner lock. The other models that have bolsters will have dual Ti liners and our custom made pivot screws are Ti on ALL models.

5. Dimensions: Blade: 3 3/8" / Closed: 4 3/16" / Overall: 7 1/2" / Width (not including clip): 1/2" / Weight: Varies with model, generally light due to size and materials.

6. Damascus version - see above post for specs and est. pricing on all models. We are introducing 4 versions not counting blade coatings, serrations, etc. and will follow on with others pending market reaction, which we believe will be phenomenal.

I will scan a few prototypes and post the link shortly.

Thanks for your interest - Barnaby Z

------------------
Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site.&lt;p&gt; http://www.DeltaZ-Knives.com

Here's a link to a pic showing some of the Ospreyª Prototypes:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1018843&a=8362668&p=39406220

Note: The damascus limited edition will most likely have the red maple burl scales!

BarnZ
smile.gif

Delta Z Knives, Inc.

------------------

The photo link is no longer password protected - sorry about that!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1018843&a=8362668&p=39406220

BarnZ

------------------

MAN!!!!!
Those are awesome. Especially the "sample" at the bottom. Real looker. I think you should sell it to the first person to ask for it
wink.gif
Take Visa?
You'll sell at least one (maroon micarta w/bolsters)!
Did I mention that I love the blade?

What is the bolster material? Ti?

Wow, thanks BarnZ and Darrel for posting those pics. You guys are sitting on a Winner!

That one with the Red Burl scales is one of the sexiest knives I have ever seen, custom or production.

Darrel and Barnaby, you two are to be congratulated for taking a solid step out of the box. This is one sexy premium knife at a very reasonable price. You have every reason to be proud of both the design and the delivery.

I'm down for the damascus!

Back