Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread

I have to say Danny- the trailhand was my favorite. Especially with the od and orange liners and pinstripe. If i had the $$ thats what I would have grabbed. My second favorite is the still standing black ash raptor

I know, I was struggling with the Trail Hand and the two Warthogs for the longest time. Something about that beautiful buckeye burl tied in with the green g10 and orange kept me coming back to it. I can't wait to see it in person and finally check out that profile. Eagerly waiting for your thoughts on that mamushi/warthog hybrid after you get some time with it. That is another appealing model that I'm sure I won't be the only one interested in it.

I'm with you prom52 prom52 I think Chris is going to put together a stunning handle with some Bocote. More Osage, some desert IW, african blackwood, cocobolo, etc you get the picture - especially on the smaller 4" and less models. I know some fellas that would jump at slabs of Bog Oak of an ancient vintage probably irregardless of what it gets put on. I still prefer synthetics in general, but there is an interest in more "pretty" knives

It’s been a crazy week on my end! I was non-stop starting around 5am this morning. Just getting to bed now at 11:30. Phew! Headed out tomorrow for several days of elk hunting!

Wanted to stop in and mention how awesome this batch is! That Tusk is my favorite, closely follow by the Mamushi. I think a Tusk is in my future...

Looking forward to seeing the next ones Chris!

Look at that taper on the EDU...

The three smaller knives in this batch all look amazing. They are also a great size for anyone sans massive gorilla hands to pocket carry for your average daily cutting needs.

I would, and may still, be all over that EDU if it sits for too long. I think I like it better than the one I currently own

The prototype looks like a good one. The finger scalloping and exposed tang appears to offer some improvement in certain grip options.

The three smaller knives in this batch all look amazing. They are also a great size for anyone sans massive gorilla hands to pocket carry for your average daily cutting needs.

I would, and may still, be all over that EDU if it sits for too long. I think I like it better than the one I currently own

The prototype looks like a good one. The finger scalloping and exposed tang appears to offer some improvement in certain grip options.

I liked the prototype... if it had been stainless I would probably not have been able to resist. I am still mulling the (K) Apache.

That Tusk, Black with Orange liners though! It is a fine looking blade for sure, but any of those smaller ones are awesome. I’m having a difficult time seeing them here today. On a side note I’ve been carrying my mini Mamushi everyday since it arrived. Whoever gets that one will not be disappointed!

Yep Yep and Yep and Plus ...

In other words ..
  • Holy hell thin taper on the EDU! Wow
  • Love the combo on the Tusk! And think I see the Tusk model in my future.
  • You just cannot go wrong with that Warthog config. They are an addiction for me and I'm trying to resist.
  • I've got an Apache and Apache K and can't recommend either of those enough. The K model kicks butt for anything from cleaning game to kitchen
  • I'm really really intrigued by the Mini Mamushi too - very interesting blade/handle ratio and sizes there. Sounds like a definite winner!
  • Way to go Kalsu Kalsu on scoring the Mamushi, which also has a super thin taper based on the pics
  • And that Bigun is ... Big and Super cool

That said, I'm really supposed to be behaving these days but Chris really makes that challenging. Very surprised these aren't scooped up because the prices are lower based on handle material not being stuff like glowing material, carbon fiber or wood. And how can anyone argue with 3/32 super thin taper CPM154 on any of these knives? Just sayin.

In other words ..
  • You just cannot go wrong with that Warthog config. They are an addiction for me and I'm trying to resist.
  • I've got an Apache and Apache K and can't recommend either of those enough. The K model kicks butt for anything from cleaning game to kitchen
  • I'm really really intrigued by the Mini Mamushi too - very interesting blade/handle ratio and sizes there. Sounds like a definite winner!
  • Way to go Kalsu Kalsu on scoring the Mamushi, which also has a super thin taper based on the pics

That said, I'm really supposed to be behaving these days but Chris really makes that challenging. Very surprised these aren't scooped up because the prices are lower based on handle material not being stuff like glowing material, carbon fiber or wood. And how can anyone argue with 3/32 super thin taper CPM154 on any of these knives? Just sayin.

Thanks Warrior108 Warrior108 I am really looking forward to getting that Mamushi. Really liking the handle material and thin taper. I got a sheath coming from @bonafide that is going to match it perfectly.

Holy crap that batch is over the top! Its insane how Chris makes sure they all always turn out perfect.

Thank Jerry! I try real hard to make the best knives I can make every time. It is a labor of love.

I see a couple I wouldn’t mind having.

Thanks schmittie schmittie , which ones in particular?

It’s been a crazy week on my end! I was non-stop starting around 5am this morning. Just getting to bed now at 11:30. Phew! Headed out tomorrow for several days of elk hunting!

Wanted to stop in and mention how awesome this batch is! That Tusk is my favorite, closely follow by the Mamushi. I think a Tusk is in my future...

Looking forward to seeing the next ones Chris!

Thank you Odaon Odaon , Good luck on your hunt! The Tusk makes a nice little EDC/Pocket carry, it has enough belly to use as a small skinner too!
I can relate to the crazy schedule, I have been non stop the last few weeks as well. I hope you get some R&R soon!

Yeah even the ones he says aren’t perfect are perfect

LOL, thats the plight of a perfectionist, nothing is ever perfect in my eyes and I alway look to improve upon the last with the next!

I was just pointing that taper out to Warrior108 Warrior108 last night, I mentioned the taper was thinner than the edge before I sharpened it. Definitely around .010- .0050" on that taper!

Thank you Danny! The skinner even though has an aggressive look to it has functionality as a fighter and a skinner, it offers several grip positions and I did the Ferric Chloride etch as a forced patina as to not allow rusting. Oxidation will not form over oxidation. ;):D

Even though this one is .180" it slices just as good as a 3/32" Raptor due to the blade height, and edge geometry, it's scary Sharp!

I liked the prototype... if it had been stainless I would probably not have been able to resist. I am still mulling the (K) Apache.

I may make one in stainless one day, The Ferric Chloride etch is a forced patina and rust will not be an issue on the blade itself, oxidation will not form over oxidation. The spines and secondary bevels are exposed though so rust can be an issue in those areas if not properly cared for, On the plus side O1 takes an amazing edge and is a lot easier to sharpen and maintain than stainless. ;)

That Tusk, Black with Orange liners though! It is a fine looking blade for sure, but any of those smaller ones are awesome. I’m having a difficult time seeing them here today. On a side note I’ve been carrying my mini Mamushi everyday since it arrived. Whoever gets that one will not be disappointed!

Thanks Douglas, I appreciate the compliments and endorsement of the Mini Mamushi, I have been enjoying you instagram posts with the Mini Mamushi

In other words ..

Thanks Jerry! I figured a lot of these would be up your alley and others that prefer the user handles! Thank you for the recommendations, and your input!

Thanks Warrior108 Warrior108 I am really looking forward to getting that Mamushi. Really liking the handle material and thin taper. I got a sheath coming from @bonafide that is going to match it perfectly.

Kalsu Kalsu congratulation on that Mamushi it turned out really sweet and I took a liking to it myself. The Natural Micarta has some unique aging to it that I do not see to often in the Natural unless it's old stock. I hope you enjoy it and it serves you well!

Last edited:
Hola Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool

To answer your question, the ones I really liked out of this batch were -

1- Mamushi- Honestly, this model has never interested me. But someone recently posted a review and compared many of the Mamushi’s characteristics to what Mors Kochanski described in his Bushcraft book for a good bushcraft knife. It caught my attention, particularly the continuous curve of the blade. I admit I am a little embarrassed for not noticing it before. Now, this model has me paying attention.

2- Warthog- this one is just plain cool. What I would describe as a traditional blade. I want one.

3- EDU- I have one that I carry regularly and treasure. Even my wife loves it! It has no lanyard hole so I always pay attention to the new ones that have it. :)

Last edited:
Whew. That EDU was highly tempting for me. Happy to see it get a new home.

Now someone grab that Warthog so I can rest easy. I love mine and very much regret trading the synthetic handled Warthog I once had. I still have the dirt-oak hog and if I wasn't saving my pennies to try out a guardless version..... This one is very sleek all blacked out.

Back