Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread

Anyone have any questions about the custom orders? I have alot of material on hand including wood, all you have to do is ask!!:D I am here for you all! ;)

Quick comparison of characteristics of Koa vs Tasmanian blackwood?

Pics of both look amazing. Don’t own/haven’t handled either.

Quick comparison of characteristics of Koa vs Tasmanian blackwood?

Pics of both look amazing. Don’t own/haven’t handled either.

They are related and are hard to tell apart sometimes, both are tone woods.

Tasmanian Blackwood tends to finish smoother like Blackwood, whereas koa has nore of the open grains visiable. If I had to choose between one or the other I could not for me it would really depend on the individual piece.

I will see if I can find more information for you guy's to compare and contrast with on the two woods on the interweb.

They are related and are hard to tell apart sometimes, both are tone woods.

Tasmanian Blackwood tends to finish smoother like Blackwood, whereas koa has nore of the open grains visiable. If I had to choose between one or the other I could not for me it would really depend on the individual piece.

I will see if I can find more information for you guy's to compare and contrast with on the two woods on the interweb.
Can you source Tasmanian or is it not an option for this round anyway?

Can you source Tasmanian or is it not an option for this round anyway?

I can source it! Only in small amounts at this time.

I have a shit load of Tasmainian Blackwood and KOA I have been buying all summer. I need to cut up and send out to be stabilized. So it is not a problem if you are willing to wait on that particular species. I can make it happen.

I can source it! Only in small amounts at this time.

I have over 30 BFT of Tasmainian Blackwood and KOA I need to cut up and send out to be stabilized. So it is not a problem if you aare willing to wait on that particular species. I can make it happen.

Thanks for making my life (and by extension yours) more difficult should I be one of the lucky few.
Hate decisions. Hate ‘em. :D

I also have some really high end Fiddleback Eucalyptus, but it is not dry yet needs a few more months before stabilizing. I should have some of that after the first of the year.

Thanks for making my life (and by extension yours) more difficult should I be one of the lucky few.
Hate decisions. Hate ‘em. :D

:D Thats what I am here for! If you cannot decide I can help you, I know what a finished product will look like. I can help you visualize it better and steer you in the right direction.

Well, now I'm just paralyzed for choice. What's your G10 source? I'd like to peruse the options.

The Majority of what I buy comes from Alpha Knife Supply. Masecraft Carries the Ivory G10 and a few other odd ball colors though. I can get any of it within a few days to a week.

Back