Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread

Hi Chris,
I should probably know this by now, but could you briefly explain the differences between the various CF options?
Thanks!

You have the most often I use LVA Carbon Fiber, 3k, 6k Twill (I used this on the last batch) I can't tell the difference visually between 3k,6k I am sure it has to do with the number of weaves. LVA will look more uniform checkered as opposed the 3k and 6k having a more diagonal staggered checkered pattern.

Lightning Strike carbon Fiber has the brass wire weaved throughout, there is a version that has silver wire. Extremely limited availability and not always available.

Jewelry grade carbon fiber, There are several colors of Glow carbon fiber, blue, red, green, aqua, orange, and white.

There is also brass, copper infused and I believe a few others.

Multi color carbon fiber I can get in red, blue, aqua yellow, white all of these colors alternating between black in the weave.

There is also crosscut carbon fiber that looks similar to the cross cut micarta in weave pattern.

Lots of options

I forgot to mention Marbled Carbon Fiber. this is a random weave pattern

Last edited:
You have the most often I use LVA Carbon Fiber, 3k, 6k Twill (I used this on the last batch) I can't tell the difference visually between 3k,6k I am sure it has to do with the number of weaves. LVA will look more uniform checkered as opposed the 3k and 6k having a more diagonal staggered checkered pattern.

Lightning Strike carbon Fiber has the brass wire weaved throughout, there is a version that has silver wire. Extremely limited availability and not always available.

Jewelry grade carbon fiber, There are several colors of Glow carbon fiber, blue, red, green, aqua, orange, and white.

There is also brass, copper infused and I believe a few others.

Multi color carbon fiber I can get in red, blue, aqua yellow, white all of these colors alternating between black in the weave.

There is also crosscut carbon fiber that looks similar to the cross cut micarta in weave pattern.

Lots of options
Well, that wasn’t any help. Now my head is spinning and I’m not sure if/when it will stop :eek: :D

Well, that wasn’t any help. Now my head is spinning and I’m not sure if/when it will stop :eek: :D

I am sorry, LOL

This may help. LVA I can get pretty much all day, The Marbled and 3k or 6k almost every day.

All the other stuff has to be imported from the Netherlands, and may have to be made to order. Depends on what is available either way it would not be as quick a turn around as the first 4 types

I love the look and feel of any CF but especially the “lighting strike” with brass woven in. My Nomad has this and would be my preferred scales on kitchen blades.

Which was used on the recent Vildmarks?
Or, can we get pics of the different CFs?

ETA: if anyone has an OKT with CF, could you post a pic (preferably a close-up of the CF) and possibly let us know what kind/grade it is?

Last edited:
I was surprised something like Bog Oak bolstered Koa didn’t pop up for a custom order. Interesting to see everyone’s choices.

Which was used on the recent Vildmarks?
Or, can we get pics of the different CFs?

ETA: if anyone has an OKT with CF, could you post a pic (preferably a close-up of the CF) and possibly let us know what kind/grade it is?

Oyster Oyster - Here are a couple of close-ups of a few of the carbon fiber materials available. ( Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool - Please feel free to jump in if I mistakenly described any of the carbon fiber materials.)

The Razorback on top is Thunderstorm Kevlar with Lightning Strike carbon fiber bolsters. I am pretty sure that the “K” Apache on the bottom is Marbled carbon fiber.

My “K2” Raptor has one of the high end dual-colored carbon fiber handles. The white part of this material absorbs light and glows in the dark. I am not sure of the official name of this particular material.

The second knife from the top is one of the rare “K” Raptors with LVA carbon fiber.

In my experience, Chris only uses the best quality high density / low void carbon fiber material available, no matter which variation you choose. They are all functionally equal in that regard. Beyond that, it all comes down to your budget and aesthetic preference.

I hope that helps.

Phil

Last edited:
Back