Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread

Oyster Oyster - Here are a couple of close-ups of a few of the carbon fiber materials available. ( Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool - Please feel free to jump in if I mistakenly described any of the carbon fiber materials.)

The Razorback on top is Thunderstorm Kevlar with Lightning Strike carbon fiber bolsters. I am pretty sure that the “K” Apache on the bottom is Marbled carbon fiber.

My “K2” Raptor has one of the high end dual-colored carbon fiber handles. The white part of this material holds light and glows white in the dark. I am not sure of the official name of this particular material.

The second knife from the top is one of the rare “K” Raptors with LVA carbon fiber.

In my experience, Chris only uses the best quality high density / low void carbon fiber material available, no matter which variation you choose. They are all functionally equal in that regard. Beyond that, it all comes down to your budget and aesthetic preference.

I hope that helps.

Phil
Thank you, Phil!
This is very helpful!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey Phil, Nice to see those CF models...especially the Razorback with Thunderstorm Kevlar with Lightning Strike carbon fiber bolsters!
...that didn't sound like a subtle hint did it?;)

Last edited:
Hey Papa Smurf, are the customs done yet? ;););););)

Not even close:D
I do have most of the 3/32 heat treated. The rest of the 3/32 will be heat treated by the end of the week.
For the orders in 1/16'', 1/8" and 1/4'' Steel hs been ordered and is enroute.

I will start building handles this weekend!

Not sure if this thread can be purposed for it but HOLY CRAP those are some friggen awesome combos ya'll thought up in the Custom Orders thread!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And of course, outstanding craftsmanship Chris!! Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool

Congrats fatboyclone fatboyclone @Switchback275 NoRest NoRest @jb33 Oyster Oyster @Twisted Forest

Ya just gotta love every one of them knives but I think the @Switchback275 "DIW burl bolster / ivory paper micarta" is just outstanding, especially from the spine view. Holy cow! And the @jb33 commando KOA is just awesome in how clean and simplistic it is.

I shall sit here and drool .. with envy ;)

Not sure if this thread can be purposed for it but HOLY CRAP those are some friggen awesome combos ya'll thought up in the Custom Orders thread!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And of course, outstanding craftsmanship Chris!! Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool

Congrats fatboyclone fatboyclone @Switchback275 NoRest NoRest @jb33 Oyster Oyster @Twisted Forest

Ya just gotta love every one of them knives but I think the @Switchback275 "DIW burl bolster / ivory paper micarta" is just outstanding, especially from the spine view. Holy cow! And the @jb33 commando KOA is just awesome in how clean and simplistic it is.

I shall sit here and drool .. with envy ;)
Obviously thrilled about my new “city knife” and I wouldn’t want it any other way but, yes, the DIW/ivory paper micarta/black liner combo is definitely VERY special.

ETA: drool away! ;):D

Last edited:
So, who is getting the mini Mamushi in the DIW/CF trifecta?[/QUOTE

It's A thing of beauty.

sD0K65t.jpg

Last edited:
Back