Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread

I love seeing 1/16" blades showing up! I'd love to one day have a Warthog in 1/16". Or maybe something in 6 - 6 1/2" OAL size...

You had a great looking batch!

Thanks, I am sure eventually I will make some 1/16'' Warthogs and Raptors, it will be after Blade Show for sure. I am already locked in from now until then.

First time posting here, and the thought of a 1/16" Raptor caught my attention.

What is the difference between a "K" version and standard?

Is the knife I show below a Raptor K or a different model?
IMG_0897-vi.jpg

View attachment 708054

Welcome! With the "K" model it means "kitchen" and has that sort of notch as shown in your picture and does not have a guard. In some "K" models the handle is swept more upward for more hand clearance with the grip.

The picture you posted is not a Raptor but one of Chris' most recent prototype models. I'm running late here and will try to post some links for Raptors this evening .. if nobody posts between now and then.

View attachment 708054

Thank you for your interest, and welcome to this little corner of Blade Forums. I have had my head in the grinder the last week preparing for Blade Show and was unable to pull away to reply. It looks like these guys filled in for me which I appreciate.

As the gentleman stated previously this is a Prototype I am working on and its lineage is from the Raptor!

No worries! I know this is a rough time for those attending as vendors that don't have a factory at their disposal.

I have been reading your WIP/Blade thread, your work ethic and drive is admirable, as are your organizational skills.

I appreciate the welcoming, and I will eventually be a paying customer, but funds are tight due to an upcoming surgery.

Once I do get back on my feet and have some funds available, I will be in touch. For now I will be watching from the sidelines and living vicariously through the usage pics of others.

Thanks again and good luck at Blade!

No worries! I know this is a rough time for those attending as vendors that don't have a factory at their disposal.

I have been reading your WIP/Blade thread, your work ethic and drive is admirable, as are your organizational skills.

I appreciate the welcoming, and I will eventually be a paying customer, but funds are tight due to an upcoming surgery.

Once I do get back on my feet and have some funds available, I will be in touch. For now I will be watching from the sidelines and living vicariously through the usage pics of others.

Thanks again and good luck at Blade!

Thank you! it is the busiest time of year for me. I look forward to providing you with your first Osprey when the time is right!
Feel free to chime in whenever I encourage discussion and dialog, we have a great group of knowledgeable people on this Forum.

That Apache tho...

Its gorgeous and I have been staring at it off and on since it been finished, One of the nicest peices of Koa I have had, saved it for awhile for Blade Show!

The other Apache has amazing Koa too! It has a lighter band on the other side, kind of a yin and yang thing going, both have there own different characters but they have amazing depth!

The Hunter is absolutely killer! Wow!

Thanks Dave its pretty sharp looking! :D

Another excellent piece of Koa. I think the Mamushi is my favorite of this bunch, but I do like the single g10 liners on the larger two with TS Kevlar.

Thank you Danny, I had some really special pieces saved for these knives and have enjoyed admiring the wood, but it's time to pass them along.

Looks like someone else agreed with you on the Mamushi, I really like that handle combo on the Mamushi its just sexy to me.

I do like the single thick liners with the TSK too, sometimes I choose to go with a thinner accent liner between natural to give a more subtle flair, but the thick liners sure do pop!

Thanks Dave its pretty sharp looking! :D

Thank you Danny, I had some really special pieces saved for these knives and have enjoyed admiring the wood, but it's time to pass them along.

Looks like someone else agreed with you on the Mamushi, I really like that handle combo on the Mamushi its just sexy to me.

I do like the single thick liners with the TSK too, sometimes I choose to go with a thinner accent liner between natural to give a more subtle flair, but the thick liners sure do pop!

I'll be admiring the Koa Shrike in a couple of days ;

Yes, that Hunter tonight looks excellent with the white

I'll be admiring the Koa Shrike in a couple of days ;

Yes, that Hunter tonight looks excellent with the white

Thank you I do like the way the white contrast with the TSK!

Oh nice! Congratulations, that one is a special piece. I want to hear your thoughts on that when you get it!

Someone should GRAB that Warthog! You won't be disappointed.

For that matter, they should all be grabbed.

I've got a great Mamushi already but I keep looking at that blue carbon fiber.

Back