Osprey K/T Sheath Thread

Maybe the but of the Knife is being pushed inadvertently by your body when you bend or sit.

I think it happened when I was out in the forest on the motorcycle. Had it in the front pocket of my jeans. I was worried about losing the knife and kept feeling for it and pushing it down (obviously too hard). I like the sheath a lot and appreciate everyone's input. bonafide bonafide , I'll contact you about sending it back for repair and ordering a belt sheath for it too. Thanks

I also have a Mamushi sheath from Bud. I love the sheath, but just like yours the point poked out the bottom. I am careful when clipping it into my pocket not to push on the handle. Either way I just glued a little strip of leather onto the edge of the sheath to give it a little extra thickness there.

It is a great sheath though. Fits the knife perfectly.

Same warranty. Send it back to me and I'll repair it. It'll only cost you shipping cost ($10). If I can't fix a sheath, I just make a new one.

Maybe the but of the Knife is being pushed inadvertently by your body when you bend or sit.

This especially when wearing jeans and a sheath clipped and not on the far outside of the pocket or angle right. Your hips will push hard if you do a lot of up / downs or bending.

That is why I like the EDU sized fixed blades for ISP carry, as I don't even bother with a belt clip and just drop it in the pocket. Up to the Mamushi sized knives, even unclipped, the knife butt sticks out of the pocket on most jeans (that I own) and hits right at the hip if the knife is not positioned properly. I can see these pointier model tips finding their way past a welt given the right circumstances

Calling all people with a Nomad! I’m down in South America and cannot send my Nomad to any sheath maker. Would any of you be willing to send your Nomad to a Kydex sheath Maker? I’d pay for shipping.

I really would like to get a simple taco style kydex sheath for mine.

I’m thinking Mashed Cat or Buy Brown.

Anyone willing to help me out?

Is there anyone out there willing to help a brother out?

Calling all people with a Nomad! I’m down in South America and cannot send my Nomad to any sheath maker. Would any of you be willing to send your Nomad to a Kydex sheath Maker? I’d pay for shipping.

Is there anyone out there willing to help a brother out?

I can send mine to Eric at Mashed Cat for you. He did a nice job on the one I already have. Please start a new conversation message with me to confirm the details (i.e. sheath color & belt attachment preference (if any) as well as your shipping address.

Thanks,

Phil

Last edited:
Forgot to post these here .. mainly because I'm more active on Instagram than here.

I made a pattern for Chris' personal Nomad. The pattern is available to order. ISP with or without a clip, Vertical, or Crossdraw Belt carry.
PM or email joufuu at yahoo.

20180101_142958.jpg 20180101_142904.jpg

Looking to buy an isp sheath for my warthog. I'd like neon orange stitching to match the liners. I've already tried joufuu sheaths, but he doesn't have the neon orange. So If anyone has a lead, I'd love to know. Thanks!

Rick Lowe made these great sheaths and I've been hiding them away all to myself.
RLO custom sheath for a Ferrox
7QOMhLg.jpg

cpM7vPk.jpg

RLO custom for Unnamed Prototype(Raptor King!)
nJFPAE6.jpg

e3nw8GO.jpg

Had these photos on my phone for months actually. Really need a new camera.

Rick Lowe made these great sheaths and I've been hiding them away all to myself.
RLO custom sheath for a Ferrox
7QOMhLg.jpg

cpM7vPk.jpg

RLO custom for Unnamed Prototype(Raptor King!)
nJFPAE6.jpg

e3nw8GO.jpg

Had these photos on my phone for months actually. Really need a new camera.

Holy sh!t... :eek::D That is Awesome!! Me likey

Back