Osprey Knife and Tool Shop Talk and Information Swap

I would like to start this thread to open up a dialogue between the members of this forum and I, as well as also a place to share pictures and Information about Anything Osprey Knife and Tool.

I would also like to thank everyone on here for your support and kinds words of encouragement over the past year.

Social media and and online communication has never been something that has come naturally to me, but the members of this forum have warmed me up and I have made genuine personal relationships with people on here.

I would also like to extend a personal thanks to Andy for taking a chance on me not really knowing me all that well. He has given me with a place to feel at home, to chase my passion and dreams as a knife maker, for that I am deeply grateful.

I would also like to thank Alan, Phil, And Dylan that all have played a role in my success weather they are aware or not.

I would also like to say that I am aware that I am not always able to keep up with all of the post and emails in as timely of a manner as I would like.
I believe each and every one deserves a personal response from me. I apologize to any members here if I let our communications fall through the cracks. (I am not currently aware of any)

I would like this thread to serve as a place to Discuss anything Osprey Knife and Tool.
Please post pictures and share any comments or opinions you have. I would also like to see This as a place where members and I can share information on my work.

I am also on Instagram and post most of my Work In progress through there I can be followed @ospreyknifeandtool

I hope everyone Had a Great
Halloween

Chris Linton

Last edited:
Very happy to see this thread Chris, will post pics as soon as I can.

Great idea for a thread Chris. I am looking forward to my first Osprey later this week.

Thanks Chris!

I recently acquired this warthog hunter and am hoping someone has a hunter/EDC comparison shot as I'm very impressed with the hunter.

I really like your aesthetic and use of the ShadeTree micarta.

This will not be my last OKT knife. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446465350.955718.jpg

Great thread Chris. I'll post some pictures and give some thoughts on my EDU later today.

Osprey Knife & Tool Apache EDC with hammered flats :peach:

AXO0QTe.jpg

YLHd2Kb.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really digging my EDU, and shout out to Bud for an awesome sheath! :thumbup:
Not my pics ;)

The EDU is a great little utility knife. Here is mine. Still need a sheath though.
871610aa5a64d35c7ce0c34c41fdb6b6.jpg
aa84c26ffcd93e47afa0180f9ab02b45.jpg
3cfcd88c30cd7701ce3616d36d2e499d.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys,
It was a extremely wet day today at the shop we have been under a flood warning all weekend.
I spend a great deal of time hammering my flats to achieve the desired look.
I am planning on trying some new techniques in the future.

Thanks you for sharing your pictures! Keep them coming please
What's coming up new for me.

I have been experimenting quietly over the past few months on my Hamon and Etching plan to see more W2 and 1095 with Hamon from me on a limited basis.

I also have a Kiridashi I am planning on making this weekend I will share with you guys how the first one goes.

I also wanted to know how much interest there is In Cerokote on the knives Id Like to invest in the equipment but it is rather expensive. If there is enough genuine intrest I'll look into starting a small batch.

I am currently developing a smaller knife in the under.6" category , and a few larger knives I am currently refining too. I plan to upload more pictures to this thread in the near future once I get a fotki account established and am able to purchase a suitable camera and computer. For now my phone suffices.

I'll check in regularly.

Thanks a bunch guys,

I also wanted to know how much interest there is In Cerokote on the knives Id Like to invest in the equipment but it is rather expensive. If there is enough genuine intrest I'll look into starting a small batch.
I'll check in regularly.

I personally do not like coating. not that I do not have coated knives - of cause I do, but if I have a choice between coated and uncoated I go with uncoated. there is 2 reasons or actually one reason with 2 sides: when you start to use knife especially big one - like buttoning you will get some sketches and erases areas after first use, which secondary - lead to more chance - do not use the knife because : "I am not sure may be I will sell or exchange it". when it 20-40 $ Condor I don't care, but when it 150-500$ knife ...
to me even heavy proned to rusty 1095 is easier to rub with oil or have a nice patina then scratched Cerokote, which you do not know how to recover

pictures coming

Chris, I'll post some pics of my Warthog EDC. But any way you could post pics of different models together in your original post for a size ref? I think I am confused on the size relationship of the Warthog EDC and Warthog Hunter.

1.jpg

4.jpg

24.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I don't have pic of my own to share. But the knife is newly acquired from Chris. His pics woukd likely be better anyway.

This is a knife I have been thinking about for a long time. Always wanted white bolsters and loved the racing stripes from the first time I saw them. CPM154, taperd tang and stellar Mauser Birch. This is "the knife" for me. It may be a while before I find myself wanting another. It is show quality in my mind, but that's no fun. It is part of my hunting rig now. Thanks again Chris!

Here's my APACHE EDC that I recently received. Only photos for now as I havn't had time to play with it. Will post an update.
Needless to say how good the handle ergonomics and F&F are.
DSCF6205_zpsmlacw1uq.jpg

DSCF6208_zpspnk6t0wx.jpg

Chris, I'll post some pics of my Warthog EDC. But any way you could post pics of different models together in your original post for a size ref? I think I am confused on the size relationship of the Warthog EDC and Warthog Hunter.
Until Chris has time to respond, here are my guesses for a handful of his models (using one of his WIP pics).

1. Apache EDC; 2. EDU; 3. EDU; 4. EDU; 5. Mamushi; 6. Warthog EDC; 7. Warthog EDC; 8. Warthog Hunter

Osprey_01_zpsuzznmlpr.jpg

And I couldn't resist comparing these Warthog cousins.

Warthog Hunter (image borrowed from Shamr0ck)

Warthog%20Hunter_01_zpstdasrj8w.jpg

Warthog EDC (image borrowed from VanDammet)

Warthog%20EDC_01_zpsfjy1sjas.jpg

Last edited:
Back