Osprey Knife and Tool Shop Talk and Information Swap

:thumbup: Cool! Will these be available?

Yes they are Available just haven't gotten around to taking better Photos yet for a sales thread. I had just finished them this afternoon they are sharpened and ready to go. The Amish1 already purchased the bottom one top one is still available if you want it. Im selling them for $75.00
I have 9 more Im profiling out too.

Last edited:

fit and finish is outstanding. you can see how black linen (micarta or G10) continue into Jade G10 without interruption. I was in shock.
knife is very comfortable in grip

Thank you for the compliments! I take great pride, and pay alot of attention to the final fit at finish.

This was a Black G10 bolster on the Warthog EDC

Originally Posted by gusbuster
Cool! Will these be available?

Yes they are Available just haven't gotten around to taking better Photos yet for a sales thread. I had just finished them this afternoon they are sharpened and ready to go. The Amish1 already purchased the bottom one top one is still available if you want it. Im selling them for $75.00
Last edited by Osprey Knife & Tool; Today at 03:57 PM.

I'll take it!

Thanks,
Gus

Originally Posted by gusbuster
Cool! Will these be available?

Last edited by Osprey Knife & Tool; Today at 03:57 PM.

I'll take it!

Thanks,
Gus

Gus Its yours Thank you! I will have it in the mail on Monday!

Best,
Chris Linton

I dont Know what a try srick is, so I didn't get the joke. I guess you will have to spell it out for me phil.

Because you are not a bushcrafter lol, same reason I have never bothered with making one. I've carved those same notches over and over again over the years making traps, triggers, and various contraptions...just never on the same piece of wood :) By the time I had hears of Mors' try stick, I had already done enough trying, and doing :D

I got to Fondle Shamrocks Warthog EDC and Hunter and if I have them correct I love the EDC a lot better :)

Can't wait to score one

e1d33ab7359e948b601424ba0ed20a97.jpg

1bcf390a7fe865ab5cfa6b54069f1722.jpg

33a2ff2da0b865eb0e06ec256b9f9a91.jpg

1f5ebdef830f53872f358461391f7cb2.jpg

The Warthog edc is one of my favorite knives ever, and Chris is extremely talented. I am loving seeing the types of complex handle configurations he is doing these days, and will definitely be needing something larger after I wind up this year and get into next year a bit. Which KSF sheath is that. I like that and need a pocket sheath for mine that isn't expensive or isn't hard to come by. I have the same type knife and the same flashlight :D The edc isn't really big enough for me to carry as a primary belt knife this time of year, and I'v just given this sheath below and another one of my knives to my daughter this morning when I told her I was selling her knife she hasn't been able to carry.

20151202_094843.jpg

20151202_095228.jpg

20151202_095723.jpg

Love that sheath you got there :) not aye which one mine is it came with my FBF Patch knife :) I'm sure if you called Derek up he could tell ya which one he puts in those. To me it's the perfect size, I am go with either My Patch, Hiking Buddy, Handyman and be set :)

Brian

Brian, I'm pretty sure it's the Pocono. KSF only has 2 pocket sheaths that look like that so it's either the Pocono or the Allegheny.

Love that sheath you got there :) not aye which one mine is it came with my FBF Patch knife :) I'm sure if you called Derek up he could tell ya which one he puts in those. To me it's the perfect size, I am go with either My Patch, Hiking Buddy, Handyman and be set :)

Brian

Yeah, Bud does very nice sheath work. I am glad I was able to get most of the ones I wanted before my schedule got to the point where his chaotic business model doesn't work for me. I would love to have gotten to one of those flap sheaths he posted yesterday, he suggested one for my daughter's Hiking Buddy back at Blade, and I had been trying to get him to make one ever since. Hell I even sold my Chris Reeve Pacific just to make sure I had enough funds to buy the one I saw him post it on IG the other day. But apparently with our schedules we just couldn't seem to find a way to make that come together. So I gave up, and gave this sheath and another one of my knives to my daughter this morning and put her Hiking Buddy up for sale. Cool name by the way :D

Brian

Brian, I'm pretty sure it's the Pocono. KSF only has 2 pocket sheaths that look like that so it's either the Pocono or the Allegheny.

Thank you for that information man, I should be able to figure it out if there are only two, if Derrick gives the dimensions. If not I will email him.

The dimensions aren't listed but, as you said, I'm sure Derrick can tell you. Here's the link to the pocket sheaths. I hope it's ok to post the link. :D

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/pocket-sheaths/

Thank you, lol I have two tabs open right now looking back and forth between Brian's sheath and Derrick's pic of the Pocono. They aren't very expensive at all. They aren't near as nice as Bud's work, but the money that not being able to jump through the hoops to get the one I wanted saved me will actually buy a few of Derrick's sheaths, so things are starting to look up this morning :D

Thank you, lol I have two tabs open right now looking back and forth between Brian's sheath and Derrick's pic of the Pocono. They aren't very expensive at all. They aren't near as nice as Bud's work, but the money that not being able to jump through the hoops to get the one I wanted saved me will actually buy a few of Derrick's sheaths, so things are starting to look up this morning :D

You're welcome. They're definitely not as nice as Bud's work, or any of the other sheath makers on this forum for that matter, but they're very functional and, for the price, very practical. I have 2 that I use fairly regularly. They're usually set up with a small knife like an Esquire or, more recently, the Georgia Traveller and a small light or a pen depending on what I'm doing.

You're welcome. They're definitely not as nice as Bud's work, or any of the other sheath makers on this forum for that matter, but they're very functional and, for the price, very practical. I have 2 that I use fairly regularly. They're usually set up with a small knife like an Esquire or, more recently, the Georgia Traveller and a small light or a pen depending on what I'm doing.

Yeah, but they are easily obtained so that is a major plus for me at the moment. I was just sitting here mentally putting them in different configurations. I may even buy an extra one and send it to Rick Lowe or maybe Mark at Condos Leather who made the leather sheaths for my Spartan Hunter and a couple of my tactical knives, and have a better quality sheath made to the same dimensions with some slight tweaks :) There is a lot to be said for the simplicity of dealing with a full time leather craftsman.

I have been emailing with Tyler at KSF, and from what I can tell, the sheath he has his edc in is the Allegheny model. I just ordered a Pocono, which is just a hair shorter for more handle protrusion and will see how that works out :)

Love that sheath you got there :)

Brian

I have one just like it in black I could probably be persuaded to sell.

Back