Osprey Knife and Tool Shop Talk and Information Swap

My Apache, I've used this knife extensively for about everything you can use a knife for and a few it was never meant for. At the end of the day it comes out of the sheath, gets stropped and oiled and looks as good as the day I got it. View attachment 597280

Guess you have to use a web service for the picture to show up as something other than an attachment??

Yeah, Bud does very nice sheath work. I am glad I was able to get most of the ones I wanted before my schedule got to the point where his chaotic business model doesn't work for me. I would love to have gotten to one of those flap sheaths he posted yesterday, he suggested one for my daughter's Hiking Buddy back at Blade, and I had been trying to get him to make one ever since. Hell I even sold my Chris Reeve Pacific just to make sure I had enough funds to buy the one I saw him post it on IG the other day. But apparently with our schedules we just couldn't seem to find a way to make that come together. So I gave up, and gave this sheath and another one of my knives to my daughter this morning and put her Hiking Buddy up for sale. Cool name by the way :D

Brian

Thank you for that information man, I should be able to figure it out if there are only two, if Derrick gives the dimensions. If not I will email him.

Which one from yesterday did you have your eye on?

Brian, I'm pretty sure it's the Pocono. KSF only has 2 pocket sheaths that look like that so it's either the Pocono or the Allegheny.

As it turned out, I ordered the Pocono thinking the length / height dimension was the only difference, but then got a phone call from Tyler this morning with him being concerned that the knife wouldn't fit with the sheath being too tight. He says he is sure the sheath Brian has his edc in is the Allegheny, so I now have one of those coming instead.

Which one from yesterday did you have your eye on?

Meh, it doesn't matter now. I hit a wall on trying to sort a sheath for that particular knife after almost a year of trying, and sold it in the Flea Market yesterday morning. I gave my daughter one of my knives to carry on our outings till I can sort out another knife with a pinkish purpleish handle for her.

As it turned out, I ordered the Pocono thinking the length / height dimension was the only difference, but then got a phone call from Tyler this morning with him being concerned that the knife wouldn't fit with the sheath being too tight. He says he is sure the sheath Brian has his edc in is the Allegheny, so I now have one of those coming instead.

Meh, it doesn't matter now. I hit a wall on trying to sort a sheath for that particular knife after almost a year of trying, and sold it in the Flea Market yesterday morning. I gave my daughter one of my knives to carry on our outings till I can sort out another knife with a pinkish purpleish handle for her.

Oh ok, I wish I had seen that sooner. Last week someone else gave me their score from Bud's lineup for my Ladyfinger. This week I would have paid it forward by sending you my score from this week's lineup for your hiking buddy, too. Next time :)

As it turned out, I ordered the Pocono thinking the length / height dimension was the only difference, but then got a phone call from Tyler this morning with him being concerned that the knife wouldn't fit with the sheath being too tight. He says he is sure the sheath Brian has his edc in is the Allegheny, so I now have one of those coming instead..

The 2 that I have are both Poconos. I wasn't aware that the width of the opening was different although it does make sense when I actually think about it. lol. Glad that you have the correct one comping to you. :thumbup:

Oh ok, I wish I had seen that sooner. Last week someone else gave me their score from Bud's lineup for my Ladyfinger. This week I would have paid it forward by sending you my score from this week's lineup for your hiking buddy, too. Next time :)

Thank you for the offer man, your generosity is very much appreciated!

The 2 that I have are both Poconos. I wasn't aware that the width of the opening was different although it does make sense when I actually think about it. lol. Glad that you have the correct one comping to you. :thumbup:

Yeah, it caught me by surprise too, but it does make sense. I thought it was really nice of Tyler to care enough to call and warn me. I have always gotten great service from KSF on knives, looks like they will be getting a bit of my sheath business as well.

Thanks for the help on posting my pictures Chris ... above are my Apache and my EDC .... both are incredible to hold and even better to use. I put them both through hell (especially the Apache) and at the end of the day they're not even winded ;) .... I shall endeavor to post more pictures of my 2 newest knives (the WartHog EDC and Kiridashi) when I get them and fire them up.

The spalted handle on that edc is amazing, and I love how the grind shows off the texturing on the flats/

My new CPM 154 Kiridashi made by Chris. Chisel cut and sharp as a razor makes it the perfect detail carving knife.

VZAIO9X.jpg

DaWP2Ii.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics amish1! I have one coming in the next batch.

What are you using to keep the blades sharp for carving?

Thank You.

I know you're going to love that new knife, it makes a great EDC too

I never use anything more than a leather strop and sometimes a little white compound on any of my knives. The trick I learned is never let them get dull enough to need more than stropping even if it means using the sheath or your belt or even your boot when in the field. If I'm strictly carving, my rule of thumb, is to carve about 5 minutes, then a quick strop, then back to carving

Nice pics amish1! I have one coming in the next batch.

What are you using to keep the blades sharp for carving?

I got one too,and I like the chisel grind. Very sharp! I was wondering what you use for a sheath?

Back