Osprey Knife and Tool Shop Talk and Information Swap

I've posted this picture elsewhere, but it belongs here!

Apache Hunter

7uBsbmL.jpg

:thumbup:Nice Apache Hunter TripleT!

I can't wait to get my Apache EDC. :thumbup:;)

Last edited:
I've posted this picture elsewhere, but it belongs here!

Apache Hunter

7uBsbmL.jpg

Very nice shot! I love Chris' use of color.

:thumbup:Nice Apache Hunter TripleT!

I can't wait to get my Apache EDC. :thumbup:;)

All things considered, that Apache EDC is my favorite Osprey K/T knife to date. I had to talk to Chris about another very similar one.

All things considered, that Apache EDC is my favorite Osprey K/T knife to date. I had to talk to Chris about another very similar one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Brian. Chris is doing some amazing work! Please post some pics when you get it. :thumbup::)

I'm waiting on a Warthog Hunter from Chris. I'll be sure to post some pics when it arrives. He is doing some very nice designs with great handle combinations!

I was hoping some of you guys might post some of your pics of Chris' knives and your experiences with them also.

I'm working on it - I've a warthog hunter and EDC but I need to dig out of a crap storm hitting my home at the moment.

I'm working on it - I've a warthog hunter and EDC but I need to dig out of a crap storm hitting my home at the moment.

Cool, that will be great when you have a chance to get to it man. After the year in Michigan, I know everyone has been busy dealing with various things this time of year. So I did borrow a few photos from this thread to add to the discussion on Chris' blade profiles and his use of color.

Chris is working on something new and exciting (at least to me!) and I look forward to getting my hands on it!

I was fortunate enough to see & purchase this last week, and it arrived today. The knife is truly amazing...from the perfect balance, to the incomparable in-hand feel, & of course the thing is just a beautiful piece of art with flawless fit & finish...the little bit of Pink really does set the whole knife off. I actually told Chris in an email that I kicked myself a couple of months back for missing this one when it went up for grabs in a FF Friday...& then to see it available last week & be able to buy it before someone else did....one of those rare moments when you get a second chance. Thank you again to the seller & to Chris - I've got my dream Hunter now - keep up the phenomenal work!!
Apache Hunter - 1.jpgApache Hunter - 2.jpgApache Hunter - 3.jpgApache Hunter - 4.jpgApache Hunter - 5.jpg

I was fortunate enough to see & purchase this last week, and it arrived today. The knife is truly amazing...from the perfect balance, to the incomparable in-hand feel, & of course the thing is just a beautiful piece of art with flawless fit & finish...the little bit of Pink really does set the whole knife off. I actually told Chris in an email that I kicked myself a couple of months back for missing this one when it went up for grabs in a FF Friday...& then to see it available last week & be able to buy it before someone else did....one of those rare moments when you get a second chance. Thank you again to the seller & to Chris - I've got my dream Hunter now - keep up the phenomenal work!!
View attachment 601522View attachment 601523View attachment 601524View attachment 601525View attachment 601526

That handle is stunning!

Chris makes some fantastic blades plus his prices are very reasonable.

I agree, that's why I am trying to get a few while his prices are still low enough I can afford them :)

Gus, that Apache EDC looks awesome. I really like the swedge on that one!

I love the overall profile on this model period, and that tequila sunrise micarta is fantastic. I want one very similar to take on a fishing trip on the gulf coast next summer.

I'm sure the answer is in here, & I'll do some searching as well, but I figured I'd just ask you guys...what's the best way to get a leather sheath for my new Apache Hunter? I'm looking for just a nice mid-range leather sheath with a simple belt loop. I was quite shocked to discover last night that I don't have a single sheath that comes close to fitting this knife. Usually when I get a cool knife that doesn't come with a sheath, I have no troubles borrowing one from another of my knives....not this time! Thanks in advance for your help guys & Merry Christmas.

Gus, that Apache EDC looks awesome. I really like the swedge on that one!

Thanks Nathan, I just received it yesterday evening and I gotta tell you it's even more awesome in hand! It feels great and the balance is perfect. Not to mention, it looks marvelous! :thumbup::D

Digging my new Apache EDC. Thanks Chris, this thing is awesome!:thumbup:
Goes great with my JouFoo Punisher Sheath!

Last edited:
I'm sure the answer is in here, & I'll do some searching as well, but I figured I'd just ask you guys...what's the best way to get a leather sheath for my new Apache Hunter? I'm looking for just a nice mid-range leather sheath with a simple belt loop. I was quite shocked to discover last night that I don't have a single sheath that comes close to fitting this knife. Usually when I get a cool knife that doesn't come with a sheath, I have no troubles borrowing one from another of my knives....not this time! Thanks in advance for your help guys & Merry Christmas.

Between Heber (WildmanJ), Rick Lowe, Skystorm (Patriot Leather), Diomedes Industries, JRE Leather, Jou'fuu, and other custom makers, I think you will be in good hands!

Last edited:
Back