Osprey Knife & Tool Behind the Scenes & Preview Thread.

You didn't put purple bolsters on blue burl in that upcoming batch, right? You wouldn't do the to me, would you? And I'm loving that kukri-bowie prototype, but what is that to its right? Another new pattern?

Great things on the horizon it seems.

You didn't put purple bolsters on blue burl in that upcoming batch, right? You wouldn't do the to me, would you? And I'm loving that kukri-bowie prototype, but what is that to its right? Another new pattern?

Great things on the horizon it seems.

I did, although technically the burl is Green, Blue and Purple.
The pattern to the right is a Bushcrafty design I am working on, I have a few prototypes and one-offs in the mix.

I did, although technically the burl is Green, Blue and Purple.
The pattern to the right is a Bushcrafty design I am working on, I have a few prototypes and one-offs in the mix.
Well that's gonna be a looker. And gonna be mine. Looking forward to the new prototypes, the RaptorKing™ is possibly my favorite knife of yours I own and I would not hesitate to try another new design. I should really try and do a review of my proto, as the handle you pulled off is simply masterful.

Well that's gonna be a looker. And gonna be mine. Looking forward to the new prototypes, the RaptorKing™ is possibly my favorite knife of yours I own and I would not hesitate to try another new design. I should really try and do a review of my proto, as the handle you pulled off is simply masterful.

Thank you! I look forward to reading that review. I was just messing around and trying to push boundaries with it. I think it turned out awesome, but the icing on the cake is that you think it is awesome as well!

Those blanks nestled between the Kiridashi's and the toothbrush..Kitchen??

Yes they are!

Both Warthog and Hunter are amazing...

Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool What's the deal with the black Ranger? Etched CPM154 or something else?

I'm curious about this one, too. Don't think I've ever seen acid-washed on one of yours before.

You are correct this is the first of its kind.
The Ranger is CPM154 and it is Acid Etched and then Hand Tumbled. Its something I have thought about doing for awhile but do not have a tumbler, I had a friend show me a neat way to do them individiually. I like it, and it is something I would want on my blade if I was still in the military. I like my textured finish, but sometimes a shiney blade can be a draw back for for certain situations. Anyhow, I hope you guys like it, and I plan on doing a few here and there, if it becomes popular then I will invest in a Tumbler to make them on a larger scale.

Yup, I missed the latest updates and just come back to look at them. Wow! Those kitchen knives look great, especially the little pointy paring type knife. The purple bolstered blue-ish burl is awesome, and sign me up for 1/16 CPM! Heck yeah.

Also loving the all black tumbled Ranger! Would love to see some more knives with that treatment, it looks amazing. Blacked out Raptor? :thumbsup:

Yup, I missed the latest updates and just come back to look at them. Wow! Those kitchen knives look great, especially the little pointy paring type knife. The purple bolstered blue-ish burl is awesome, and sign me up for 1/16 CPM! Heck yeah.

Also loving the all black tumbled Ranger! Would love to see some more knives with that treatment, it looks amazing. Blacked out Raptor? :thumbsup:
Chalk up another one for culinary knives.

You are correct this is the first of its kind.
The Ranger is CPM154 and it is Acid Etched and then Hand Tumbled. Its something I have thought about doing for awhile but do not have a tumbler, I had a friend show me a neat way to do them individiually. I like it, and it is something I would want on my blade if I was still in the military. I like my textured finish, but sometimes a shiney blade can be a draw back for for certain situations. Anyhow, I hope you guys like it, and I plan on doing a few here and there, if it becomes popular then I will invest in a Tumbler to make them on a larger scale.
Count me in as someone who likes that etched and hand tumbled finish

Back