1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Osprey Knife & Tool Behind the Scenes & Preview Thread.

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    Scribed and ready for drilling...

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

M4Super90, varga49 and Oyster like this.
  2. Turth

Turth Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    You didn't put purple bolsters on blue burl in that upcoming batch, right? You wouldn't do the to me, would you? And I'm loving that kukri-bowie prototype, but what is that to its right? Another new pattern?

Great things on the horizon it seems.

Osprey Knife & Tool likes this.
  3. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    I did, although technically the burl is Green, Blue and Purple.
    The pattern to the right is a Bushcrafty design I am working on, I have a few prototypes and one-offs in the mix.

varga49 likes this.
  4. Turth

Turth Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Well that's gonna be a looker. And gonna be mine. Looking forward to the new prototypes, the RaptorKing™ is possibly my favorite knife of yours I own and I would not hesitate to try another new design. I should really try and do a review of my proto, as the handle you pulled off is simply masterful.

5. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Those blanks nestled between the Kiridashi's and the toothbrush..Kitchen??

6. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

Thank you! I look forward to reading that review. I was just messing around and trying to push boundaries with it. I think it turned out awesome, but the icing on the cake is that you think it is awesome as well!

Yes they are!

M4Super90 likes this.
  7. varga49

May 1, 2016
    I've kind of developed an eye for those things lately ;)

8. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Handles sanded, next final grinds, mark sharpen and detail.. These will be available this Thursday the March 15th

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Wow Chris all those are amazing! What’s the combo on the Guardless Warthog? Can you have too many Warthogs?:D:D

10. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    ^ Was just asking myself the same thing :D

Coach23 likes this.
  11. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

Thank you! I would say one could never have to many! ;)

That is a 1/16” or less CPM154 w/ Carbon Fiber Bolster and Curl Bubinga Handle.

Choppaman and Coach23 like this.
  12. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    1/16 CPM154:eek::eek:. Gorgeous and thin:D

13. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    WOW!! every time I see your knives Chris I am stunned! Love the combos and mix up of pins and well everything about them bro. I see no end in sight for the purchase of your knives. MUST HAVE MORE!! :D

14. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Matter of fact, just send over that thunderstorm Kevlar/burl set up with that sweet swedge. I'll take good care of it!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  15. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Both Warthog and Hunter are amazing...

@Osprey Knife & Tool What's the deal with the black Ranger? Etched CPM154 or something else?

16. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm curious about this one, too. Don't think I've ever seen acid-washed on one of yours before.

17. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

You are correct this is the first of its kind.
    The Ranger is CPM154 and it is Acid Etched and then Hand Tumbled. Its something I have thought about doing for awhile but do not have a tumbler, I had a friend show me a neat way to do them individiually. I like it, and it is something I would want on my blade if I was still in the military. I like my textured finish, but sometimes a shiney blade can be a draw back for for certain situations. Anyhow, I hope you guys like it, and I plan on doing a few here and there, if it becomes popular then I will invest in a Tumbler to make them on a larger scale.

M4Super90 and varga49 like this.
  18. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Yup, I missed the latest updates and just come back to look at them. Wow! Those kitchen knives look great, especially the little pointy paring type knife. The purple bolstered blue-ish burl is awesome, and sign me up for 1/16 CPM! Heck yeah.

Also loving the all black tumbled Ranger! Would love to see some more knives with that treatment, it looks amazing. Blacked out Raptor? :thumbsup:

varga49 and Osprey Knife & Tool like this.
  19. varga49

May 1, 2016
    Chalk up another one for culinary knives.

Osprey Knife & Tool and Odaon like this.
  20. varga49

May 1, 2016
    Count me in as someone who likes that etched and hand tumbled finish