Osprey Knife & Tool Behind the Scenes & Preview Thread.

Very cool to see you experimenting with that. I personally like the appearance of an etched/stonewashed finish. It looks even better after it starts to wear in and great with kydex.

Tie a 3.5g bucket to Major filled with your medium and blades and run him around the shop a few times

1520634257224-vi.jpg

Super interested in the bottom kitchen knife! That better have some blue on it somewhere...:D.

You are correct this is the first of its kind.
The Ranger is CPM154 and it is Acid Etched and then Hand Tumbled. Its something I have thought about doing for awhile but do not have a tumbler, I had a friend show me a neat way to do them individiually. I like it, and it is something I would want on my blade if I was still in the military. I like my textured finish, but sometimes a shiney blade can be a draw back for for certain situations. Anyhow, I hope you guys like it, and I plan on doing a few here and there, if it becomes popular then I will invest in a Tumbler to make them on a larger scale.

I dig them! The knife that lives in my rig is 3V, etched and tumbled. Its been a workhorse and still looks relatively new:

dbLjLfmzKrQnlcsnFvochF1pPGbfhOU4xQwP6vX162PaQMe0-dI75znm29f3Els8YnvdC0owMUwzn8j7r1VsIHdskMhTHOx7ppT9SdOGbknOT8mZTQ6AqCy2FxAL2Of1bXtRrJo6NCLHJwKuFT-vs79iwJLrtlBNF5Wzej4Pg_4hX938ksyVy9NsZo4a7JLTXpYTFlw3MftKrM0_GR0MIYsQe6EUf6Fd7O8h61BFqfBFce2g-CMVSjmVkkwj6qJq2syA0oXWAgOfwH-q8Ki9bxLwUQZL4vtwhIlgs5Ym2-OkHXUX0e2pxYEroKcrJettpXWEEpAoWIJ7UXRgQ1Le99iIHHHTVW12Sk18pzicrj3O9g0-ZhygMVG6CsUXLJJjSMBKw7SzwLGDWbsfx2jp_FALR2B2-S2mMnzqxKAZMIfR44Hp8YFue5eA_wIU1z48hkHY8sk3H-deBYoCLhDEx70hN7CQ-v-vHUoNzVbBLiBQUJRU06c063F6DU5g2Mz6jawd6G6jWG4chBEi3AoVkmQJiDfS3INRmHSqTsz-CPIFniClwwha7hmRfZjidcWx7XpWz6X-WFW3rhGIs5Ri-hvS9GkJHRQL9ju1pMpNVkxHz3QM_ZBd-WTzQJgPzHhrCs-V_bK8JFJavt-TNOYEwpIKa9r9Xp_m=w481-h640-no

1520634257224-vi.jpg

Super interested in the bottom kitchen knife! That better have some blue on it somewhere...:D.

I dig them! The knife that lives in my rig is 3V, etched and tumbled. Its been a workhorse and still looks relatively new:

dbLjLfmzKrQnlcsnFvochF1pPGbfhOU4xQwP6vX162PaQMe0-dI75znm29f3Els8YnvdC0owMUwzn8j7r1VsIHdskMhTHOx7ppT9SdOGbknOT8mZTQ6AqCy2FxAL2Of1bXtRrJo6NCLHJwKuFT-vs79iwJLrtlBNF5Wzej4Pg_4hX938ksyVy9NsZo4a7JLTXpYTFlw3MftKrM0_GR0MIYsQe6EUf6Fd7O8h61BFqfBFce2g-CMVSjmVkkwj6qJq2syA0oXWAgOfwH-q8Ki9bxLwUQZL4vtwhIlgs5Ym2-OkHXUX0e2pxYEroKcrJettpXWEEpAoWIJ7UXRgQ1Le99iIHHHTVW12Sk18pzicrj3O9g0-ZhygMVG6CsUXLJJjSMBKw7SzwLGDWbsfx2jp_FALR2B2-S2mMnzqxKAZMIfR44Hp8YFue5eA_wIU1z48hkHY8sk3H-deBYoCLhDEx70hN7CQ-v-vHUoNzVbBLiBQUJRU06c063F6DU5g2Mz6jawd6G6jWG4chBEi3AoVkmQJiDfS3INRmHSqTsz-CPIFniClwwha7hmRfZjidcWx7XpWz6X-WFW3rhGIs5Ri-hvS9GkJHRQL9ju1pMpNVkxHz3QM_ZBd-WTzQJgPzHhrCs-V_bK8JFJavt-TNOYEwpIKa9r9Xp_m=w481-h640-no
Annnnddd That's another M4Super90 M4Super90 for culinary knives!

I think that is all the Work in Progress pictures I have for now, I have completed photos and videos on each of these knives I will post in their own respective thread later.

Questions and comments welcome.

Hey Chris,

Saying "that is all the work-in-progress I have for now" seems too humbly apologetic for such an amazing group of unique prototypes. As always, your instincts for design and precise execution down to the finest details yields some awesome results.

Not every one of the profiles in this group strikes a chord with me personally, but the ones that do make my heart skip a beat by seeing something I have always wanted come to life in 3D. :)

Very well done my friend! :thumbsup:

Man, wet carbon fiber looks really cool, especially at an angle!

I am right there with you Robbie! Most folks are drawn to fancy burl woods. Those are nice for sure. Even so, there is just something so wickedly erotic looking about wet carbon fiber...:cool:

Keep up the great work Chris. I think it is fair to say that most of us who hang out here are tremendously impressed with what you are doing.

Phil

Hey Chris,

Saying "that is all the work-in-progress I have for now" seems too humbly apologetic for such an amazing group of unique prototypes. As always, your instincts for design and precise execution down to the finest details yields some awesome results.

Not every one of the profiles in this group strikes a chord with me personally, but the ones that do make my heart skip a beat by seeing something I have always wanted come to life in 3D. :)

Very well done my friend! :thumbsup:

I am right there with you Robbie! Most folks are drawn to fancy burl woods. Those are nice for sure. Even so, there is just something so wickedly erotic looking about wet carbon fiber...:cool:

Keep up the great work Chris. I think it is fair to say that most of us who hang out here are tremendously impressed with what you are doing.

Phil

I really appreciate it Phil,:thumbsup: I think I am due for some R&R this weekend then I'm going to jump back on the forums next week and catch-up when my brain and bones are rested. I feel good just Pooped out :):poop::). And my brain is numb:confused: :D:D

I have more things I am working on that I have not mentioned or released yet! ;)

I wish you and everyone else has a good weekend and enjoy the fall weather! I know I will. :cool:

A little sneak peek of whats coming down the pipeline, more pictures tomorrow. I have handles made and ready to be cleaned up and glued on most of these knives

Back