Osprey

I picked one up from Darrel at the NYC show in Nov. 2001. The knife looks and feels custom in every way, mine has the red maple handle with the black blade. I've carried the knife a lot and it always gets a great reaction. It's sleek and beautiful and it makes a fine user, the recurve blade gives you lots of room to cut with.

I'd say get one, you won't be sorry.

I agree with Phil. Sounds like I have the same Osprey. Got mine back around the 1st of this year. Every time I show, I get seriously, admiring looks. One of the reviews early on called it "One of the sexiest knives on the planet." From the reactions I get I'd agree.

The knife is a performer as well. Feels quick in the hand but still nice and solidly made. (Typical of a Darrel Ralph knife) Has held a great edge with that relatively new steel: Z60CDV14
Barnaby can fax you a copy of an article from (I think it was) Tactical Knives which gave a real good review of this steel.

I give it thumbs way up!

Dennis

I collect high-end stuff..mostly..have a large collection...but liked the look of that new Osprey and got one...the basic with partially serrated blade...

I've been very pleased....holds an edge quite well...love the balance in the hand....and everyone who sees it wants to hold it ...once they do...they want to know how to get one...

If someone had made this as a custom....they'd have gotten rich...

I've had mine for a few weeks now and it is one of the nicest knives I own. I am particularly impressed with the quality and value-for-money of the Delta-Z Osprey. The blade is awesome both in shape and sharpness. I went for the Red Maple Burl scales and blade coating. I have a post in the main forum with pictures. I am very happy with this knife :D.

Wow! nothing but rave reviews!! :) i think im gonna get the money my buddy owes me and place an order for this knife! :)

Back