OSS style thumb daggers

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
More military fighting knives! This time the simplest and smallest of them. These are my take on the classic OSS thumb and lapel daggers.
For these I used 1/8" CPM S30v and gave them a low profile chisel/dagger grind. I also did a couple with a single edge that should be legal to carry most anywhere.
They are 4" and 6" oal.
The dimple adds a nice bit of grip and helps index the blade.
The sheaths have nice retention and could be neck carried or slipped in a pocket easily.

Thanks for looking!

The single edge versions.

I thought I already posted on these but, great job!! The only thing I might add is maybe you should add little tiny holes around the edge of the sheath so you can sew these onto the inside of your lapel, sleeve or pocket. That would put these over the top!

Those are sweet, Ben! I prefer the double edges with that grind, despite not having much use for a straight up weapon myself. A+ on the finish.

I do lots (relative to my volume) of 'dashi with forward hole index/retention features, and it really works well. :thumbup::thumbup:

how long are the blades? In CT you can't carry a blade longer than 1.5" except under specific conditions (like you make, repair, or sell knives...). Still, that may be something you could carry even here. I like the concept and the homage.
cool.

how long are the blades? In CT you can't carry a blade longer than 1.5" except under specific conditions (like you make, repair, or sell knives...). Still, that may be something you could carry even here. I like the concept and the homage.
cool.

2" blade on these Kevin, the longer ones are about 2 5/8" blade.

Really nice. One thing I love about minimalist knives (and something you do very well) is that everything is done for a reason.

cool.

Wha...?
The CT limit used to be 4"! When did that change?

Sometimes my concern with scale-less knives is the definition of blade length, since the usual legal spec is to measure from the front of the 'handle' to the tip.

1.5" limit on FIXED BLADES in CT. 4" limit on folders.

Damn, I hoped for shorter. Those are really nice. I may try to make one for myself some day (like most of you, I can't afford my own knives. Once they are made, I need to sell them to recoup the money).

I hope that model really takes off for you, I think it is a fabulous idea. Well done, too.

We call them SOE (Special Operations Executive) lapel daggers in Britain!

Back