OT: Fiddlebacks & Firearms

What?? How do you leave home without a Fiddleback? At least you could keep a Fiddlebackup in the car just in case. ;)

Because I don't have an EDC yet! Still waiting on the perfect one. So it's the Victorinox Pioneer until I find my EDC.

Because I don't have an EDC yet! Still waiting on the perfect one. So it's the Victorinox Pioneer until I find my EDC.

Hey do you want to test drive that one blade you asked me about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsman and two of my favorite (but TOTALLY different) cary guns. 300 rounds through the G19 and I am ready for another 300. 50 rounds through the SP101 .357 and I have a bloody spot on my hand and never want to shoot again. LOL!

vCt5Slx.jpg
[/IMG]

50 rounds through the SP101 .357 and I have a bloody spot on my hand and never want to shoot again. LOL!

I'm seriously considering picking up a 3" SP101. You're not helping my decision. LOL Seriously that is my next purchase.

I'm seriously considering picking up a 3" SP101. You're not helping my decision. LOL Seriously that is my next purchase.
2nd purchase is bandaids. I recommend the cloth ones :)

Love the SP101 .. if you run out of ammo, you can beat em to death with it.

Smoothing the trigger as outlined in Ruger forums . net makes them even sweeter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Brought this home Friday. I've been intrigued for some time by the 10mm but I was leaning towards the Glock 20 or Glock 40. The Sig P220 was out of my price range. Then this past week I found this posted locally, un-fired, from a private seller. He gave me an unbelieveable deal on it so I grabbed it. It will be a trail gun and I'll do some whitetail hunting with it this fall.

20170402_105607_zpswgnyke9d.jpg

Brought this home Friday. I've been intrigued for some time by the 10mm but I was leaning towards the Glock 20 or Glock 40. The Sig P220 was out of my price range. Then this past week I found this posted locally, un-fired, from a private seller. He gave me an unbelieveable deal on it so I grabbed it. It will be a trail gun and I'll do some whitetail hunting with it this fall.

That is super sweet Dave. I've always been a SIG guy and that is quite the score. Let us know how it shoots. My avatar is my 6" Fusion 10mm with a hunter.

lGgFBNnIeuObSGsN3hCNFS4EiPRayX2nBg-bJKL1nifA6xiPr8nxJ4ChIbDeALOkZljEGaaDLzpYOBdwGIfK4mb7WmECFxGgc4bKXyruai_ReFO4PmUlAJnkGDz45pavzXDLhH2RfOgLleLg11xsgBqiu67T3aTv4B-J3phikxxRVES7wwyh1B7lEa5oKFpz4RvvpV1FucjZdlilS0EbvnXaHQijBk7HuJiPzGXxkWfIZfjSVzw0Y9BZMHFpXoOAAF_WF_3LI8M1M7v68e1wiTTyNDma0nb8c1cDqg6_ET3dgDXdgXzRTu47E4tsNwNnbYBfy0Hg-8sBoB7760-VNgGNXsqsiUJh-yOVNXuqQhFySAZZMJR7IJF_lk3OkleP8BwLoSBl917K46IEZCBUlR4uFiUxGtHVWHHHQK2D_7BLQ79kyqyDyu2w7xApOZvhW8aPyvwm1EwQGLnRm6iJMOy1brB0W-RGn9Qg2T6MWE96vQJhXnYi7gR0RpfnrNM6ziFYdvIAqYH-v3_zwxjtmaGdnzyRuoSP6pFbv-N8O3LA499SgJ8NVWW1EswzRDXwWG6gz24YtBBEBFH6Xk-uXsfgHEDq4-3fObZrG7l_nk7vc85efxr6=w800-h449-no

Beautiful Fusion Phillip. I look forward to shooting the Sig. I thought briefly about the Match Elite with the DA/SA trigger but the Hunter fell into my lap and being SA only it's much better suited for my uses.

That thing is sweet!! I like the Kryptek. :thumbup:

gosh guys. super sweet hunters. i have also been consider at 10mm myself. curses. :D

gosh guys. super sweet hunters. i have also been consider at 10mm myself. curses. :D

The Sig works out well for me being in Michigan. It's mag capacity (8) falls within Michigan's capacity limits. I considered the Glock but I would have to permantly plug the Magazine to reduce it's capacity. 10 mm should be a blast!

The Sig works out well for me being in Michigan. It's mag capacity (8) falls within Michigan's capacity limits. I considered the Glock but I would have to permantly plug the Magazine to reduce it's capacity. 10 mm should be a blast!

no kidding? i had no idea there were states that had capacity limits. i mean, i have to put a plug in my shotgun for duck hunting, but like i said, i had no idea there were restrictions on carry handgun magazines. interesting....

no kidding? i had no idea there were states that had capacity limits. i mean, i have to put a plug in my shotgun for duck hunting, but like i said, i had no idea there were restrictions on carry handgun magazines. interesting....
California is 10. Jersey is zero .. Hell, you can't even carry a pocket knife or pump your own gas there. ;)

Nice!! VERY nice!!

I have never owned a 10mm, but have always wanted one. Without starting an "x caliber is better than y caliber" argument, it is pretty easy to make a case that the 10mm is one of the most potent production handgun cartridges on the market.

California is 10. Jersey is zero .. Hell, you can't even carry a pocket knife or pump your own gas there. ;)

Colorado is technically 15, but it's often disregarded.

I'm referring only to hunting capacities. The limit is 9 (8+1). The Glock 40 long slide is a 10mm hunting machine but the magazine would have to be permanently altered to restrict capacity. I wondered if snap caps could be used as method of restriction similar to a shotgun plug. I spoke with a DNR officer about this but my question was answered with a NO. Ablock or wood or similar plug must be permanently mounted to the bottom of the magazine to restrict capacity. They don't want you to be able to convert the magazine in the field to a larger capacity.

The Sig is perfect for Michigan hunting. 8 round magazine capacity and single action trigger.

Back