OT: Gear and Tools Used by SURVIVORS!

You are welcome. Its pretty nice, but for the money I do not think a boonie hat can be beaten. Especially the USA made versions that are not polyester or cotton

Last edited:
So I wore the Tilley Wanderer on a 6+ hour fishing trip on the potomac. It was a bright blue sky with no clouds. From 9am to 3pm. Temps were around 90 with the occasional breeze. I am super impressed with the hat. Stayed cool and didnt sweat. I could feel the cross ventilation when the wind blew even mildly. Never felt the need to put sunblock on my face and neck, never felt like the hat was irritating or heavy and for a hat made of 10oz cotton duck this was a great surprise. I am sold. It wont totally replace my boonies but damn this is a good piece of headwear

My DIY hammock and tarp. I don't get much time as of late and the little I have gotten I've been trying to prep some gear for an upcoming trail I have in mind. This particular tarp I made for my hammock and for ground use in case it ever came to that.

I'm also trying to save up for a new ula ohm 2.0 or circuit for my trip. I'm finally getting my pack weight dialed in. Anyone used either one and have a recommendation?

Edit: guess I can't post pictures, so no views of my woods palace.

Vaxed cotton Tarahumara, titanium water bottle from Alpkit and a 2.7 in the other pocket.

View attachment 727319
Looking good! I didnt realize HPG did different materials on their packs. I just started hearing more about waxed cotton in the last few months. Is it just as durable as anything else? What made you choose it over the regular cordura?

My DIY hammock and tarp. I don't get much time as of late and the little I have gotten I've been trying to prep some gear for an upcoming trail I have in mind. This particular tarp I made for my hammock and for ground use in case it ever came to that.

I'm also trying to save up for a new ula ohm 2.0 or circuit for my trip. I'm finally getting my pack weight dialed in. Anyone used either one and have a recommendation?

Edit: guess I can't post pictures, so no views of my woods palace.
Is it a Photobucket problem? If you figure it out later, I'd still be interested to see what you got.

I wasn't familiar with the pack you mentioned, so I looked it up. It must be popular, I think I saw a picture of one drawn on the wall next to a gas station urinal a while back....

Ohm-2.0-2T.jpg

Last edited:
I think its that photobucket now requires you to pay for 3rd party hosting. I cant use it either

I like Marmot Kompressor and Ultra Kompressor packs if you are looking to go super light weight

I think its that photobucket now requires you to pay for 3rd party hosting. I cant use it either
Not sure why it won't work for you. I use the free Photobucket on my phone and used it for every pic in my 4.1 thread because Imgur is choosing to throw a tantrum on my phone at the moment. Wish I had a helpful idea!

Last edited:
They have a few limited editions, and this one was specially commissioned by another shop.

I have both models actually, but will sell my Cordura versions. Technically I guess Cordura is stronger but I think the waxed cotton looks better and is slightly more water proof. I just needed a bit of variation I guess. :)

Looking good! I didnt realize HPG did different materials on their packs. I just started hearing more about waxed cotton in the last few months. Is it just as durable as anything else? What made you choose it over the regular cordura?

Not sure why it won't work for you. I use the free Photobucket on my phone and used it for every pic in my 4.1 thread because Imgur is choosing to throw a tantrum on my phone at the moment. Wish I had a helpful idea!

I have literally been using photobucket for years and had not trouble with third party hosting until this weekend. Now its telling me I need to upgrade my account

overage.jpg

TO RESTORE YOUR 3RD PARTY HOSTED IMAGES,
PLEASE UPGRADE TO A PLUS 500 PLAN.

Our Terms of Service does not allow 3rd party hosting with your current account level.

Thats cut and pasted right from the website it tells me to go to

Thats cut and pasted right from the website it tells me to go to

There's a recent thread in tech support about Photobucket changing their policies. I think the rate is going up to $400 a year if I remember correctly. I transitioned from PB to imgur some time back. While free, I had grown tired of the onslaught of pop-ups, ads, and overall garbage reliability.

How dent resistant are those titanium water bottles?

Pretty good I'd say, mine is scratched up pretty good, but no dents. I've used them at least weekly for probably two years. My stainless KK has a dent though. It's not very scientific, I know. ;)

But the weight difference is quite significant, and the titanium stock is much thinner. Luckily I found them in sale because they're not cheap...

Back