OT: Gear and Tools Used by SURVIVORS!

Another favorite, Goruck Bullet 10L with a Kifaru Belt Pouch and S!K patch.

IMG_4443.JPG

Lookin' good!

Now I really need to know, do you think the Gorucks are worth the price?

I've had a couple different models in my cart on multiple occasions, but never sealed the deal. I like that they're made in the USA and their warranty and indesctuctable nature, but I can't get past the price and (to me) super boring design.

Another favorite, Goruck Bullet 10L with a Kifaru Belt Pouch and S!K patch.

View attachment 728717

In one word: Yes! And I have to pay shipping, taxes and duties to get it to Europe also. But maybe I'm a bit of a nutter. :)

I have 5 Gorucks:

Gr1 26l - I've had it for 4 years, used it hard almost every weekend to haul things to the cabin, it's dirty but not a scratch really.

Gr1 21l - I use it for overnight business trips about once a week

Echo - my daily Edc for work

Bullet - for going to the playground with my daughter and weekend edc stuff

Kit bag (small) - for weekend trips, the least used one, and even though it's got some good organization it's maybe not so unique

EDIT: Apologies, I don't mean to be an enabler... ;)

Lookin' good!

Now I really need to know, do you think the Gorucks are worth the price?

I've had a couple different models in my cart on multiple occasions, but never sealed the deal. I like that they're made in the USA and their warranty and indesctuctable nature, but I can't get past the price and (to me) super boring design.

In one word: Yes! And I have to pay shipping, taxes and duties to get it to Europe also. But maybe I'm a bit of a nutter. :)

I have 5 Gorucks:

Gr1 26l - I've had it for 4 years, used it hard almost every weekend to haul things to the cabin, it's dirty but not a scratch really.

Gr1 21l - I use it for overnight business trips about once a week

Echo - my daily Edc for work

Bullet - for going to the playground with my daughter and weekend edc stuff

Kit bag (small) - for weekend trips, the least used one, and even though it's got some good organization it's maybe not so unique

EDIT: Apologies, I don't mean to be an enabler... ;)
Wow! Now that is quite the commitment and endorsement! Other than the legendary durability, what has made you a repeat customer?

I feel a draw to these packs because I keep going back to check out their website every few weeks, but I always snap out of the urge to purchase when I see the lack of features compared to other brands. Plain "book bag" design. Not many compartments or organization or options for attachments. They're the only company I've seen that makes sternum straps an extra add on to the base purchase.

Anyways, I know they're well liked packs even if I can't pull the trigger :D

Last edited:
Well I agree that they are expensive, and not including the sternum strap is a bit silly, but I guess the some of the reasons I like them is for the same reasons you don't. :)

I like the near minimalistic design, I think they look classy and work both for business and leisure, organization is good, not too many unnecessary pockets, and not too few, a big main compartment you can configure yourself with pouches, not too much molle, comfortable with heavy loads, et.c.

The down-sides for me, except the price, is that I miss lifter straps for the larger GR1 since it's a bit too long for me, and it's been hard to find a fitting bottle pocket for the side molle.

Wow! Now that is quite the commitment and endorsement! Other than the legendary durability, what has made you a repeat customer?

I feel a draw to these packs because I keep going back to check out their website every few weeks, but I always snap out of the urge to purchase when I see the lack of features compared to other brands. Plain "book bag" design. Not many compartments or organization or options for attachments. They're the only company I've seen that makes sternum straps and extra add on to the base purchase.

Anyways, I know they're well liked packs even if I can't pull the trigger :D

Well I agree that they are expensive, and not including the sternum strap is a bit silly, but I guess the some of the reasons I like them is for the same reasons you don't. :)

I like the near minimalistic design, I think they look classy and work both for business and leisure, organization is good, not too many unnecessary pockets, and not too few, a big main compartment you can configure yourself with pouches, not too much molle, comfortable with heavy loads, et.c.

The down-sides for me, except the price, is that I miss lifter straps for the larger GR1 since it's a bit too long for me, and it's been hard to find a fitting bottle pocket for the side molle.
Well, guess who has a black Rucker and sternum strap in his cart again? ;)

I bit the bullet :D
Goruck 10L bullet
20170715_181544_zpsh1rvnmnq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is a pack (and brand in general) that I've gone back and forth on A LOT. I'd see a cool post on Instagram or read something about how indesctuctable these packs are, visit their website, wander around, put something in my cart, reflect on how plain they are and how expensive they are, then close the browser window and try to not think about it. With a pep talk from our very own N ni1s I quit being such a pansy about it and ordered what I've read to be a really capable day pack. I'll definitely give it some time on hiking trails, but I'm planning on this being my daddy bag to carry around water and snacks and hand sanitizer when I'm out and about with my two offspring.
My first impressions are..... good. There's nothing I don't like, but nothing is wowing me. The build quality is really good and I would say very similar to Maxpedition or Triple Aught Design. The nylon is thick and rigid. The bottom is firm and structured. The mesh inside is robust and feels like the quality stuff on my TAD litespeed. Overall the pack seems to be exactly what I expected, a high qauilty, small pack.

This pic turned out weird. I took it with the goal of showing how small the Goruck is compared to the others, but from this angle it isn't super obvious. The other packs can both expand quite a bit where the bullet will stay more or less static in all dimensions. On the left is my 22L Maxpedition falcon II and the right is the 20L Direct Action Gear dust.

More to come once I can get out with it!

I look at a lot of packs that have a bunch of 'bells and whistles' that may or may not be very well thought out. If they're not well done, it's just extra junk in the way. I'd say that Goruck looks like the antithesis of that, nice and slim, not a lot to stick out or snag up, but still some webbing for attaching extras. Looks like they've kept it simple and convenient. I can see why folks would like it :thumbsup:

It'll be interesting to hear what you think after getting some use on it. Keep us updated please Matt.

GoRuck makes a stout pack. I have a 34L GR2 that is built like a tank. Thinking of throwing it up for sale to fund a smaller one, though. This one is just a little bigger than I need for my daily use.

I bought a go ruck shadow ruck about 4 years ago. Its a GR1 with no pals webbing, no padded back and no zippered laptop pouch. It does have the zippered pockets in the lid and a pouch for a rucking plate or a watter bladder. Ive put a frame sheet in it. Its very robust. Carried it every day for two years to and from work. Now its a go-bag in my trunk with, spare radio batteries, spare rifle mags, my gasmask, my NVGs, a multi-tool and water and granola bars. Its been in there for the last two years, burried in gear and shows no wear. You cant go wrong with Go-ruck gear. I have one of their baseball hats too. Its just as robust as the packs

I look at a lot of packs that have a bunch of 'bells and whistles' that may or may not be very well thought out. If they're not well done, it's just extra junk in the way. I'd say that Goruck looks like the antithesis of that, nice and slim, not a lot to stick out or snag up, but still some webbing for attaching extras. Looks like they've kept it simple and convenient. I can see why folks would like it :thumbsup:

It'll be interesting to hear what you think after getting some use on it. Keep us updated please Matt.
I'm really liking this Goruck bullet. I've been able to get quite a bit of use out of my various packs this summer and my "ideal pack has changed a bit in the last year.

Like ni1s and I mentioned the bullet really has no special features. Maybe the larger Goruck packs behave the same way, but because the bullet is so small it only takes a little bit of stuff to fill it. It keeps it shape, carries well and still feels really comfortable with a little weight or up to about 10 lbs, even without any type of frame sheet.

Back