OT, personal matter, had the stuffing knocked out

Munk

Very sorry about what happened.

I don't know you in person Munk, and I am an irregular guest at this forum, but I would like to say something anyway since you and I have had a couple of nice discussions here.

First of all, there is something here that most people who have been posting so far seem to be missing out on. Some people here say arm yourself in case he comes at you again, especially if you start a legal process against him. Well I have a quite different opinion on that. I would say that it is not that he might come after you, you should rather think of it as that for sure he will come after you, and especially if you start a legal process against him.

Why? Judging from other things you also mention about him the term violent psychopath rings in my ears. So don't take any chances with this guy. Arm yourself and your family immideatly! And get that video equipment some of the guys here also mentioned so you can document it if something happens. If you don't document it you will get trouble.

That guy does not deserve to walk free. He belongs in jail. If you can get him in jail or make him bleed by a legal process then do it. If you prefer to do your own private justice then I have nothing to say against that, in fact I would agree totally. But think about it first. What are the odds of getting framed for it later? What about your family?

I agree to what I believe you think. If that man gets to walk away from this despite a legal process then a legal process will not be sufficient. I agree to that we cannot let people like that govern our lives. We must have zero tolerance for such. But the sorrow your family will experience if you go to jail, think about it, and be wise.

If you see no other option than going private then let it rest for some years. It would be the safest.

I have an Idea..:D

We could hold the Convention at Munks house.;)

Document,document,document, Everything for now on!!!!Video tape everything,keep a journal.I'm not kidding.YOU must kick into high gear now......Remember the BADGER AND HER KIDS......;) PLAY IT SMART FOR NOW ON.He is the dumbass.The pen is mightier than the KHUKE!!!!!FOR NOW...;)

Sad story but a couple of questions and comments.

Munk, did you have the gift khukuri in your hand when the attack occurred?

"something warned me" -- and, yes, you should have listened. There is something inside that warns us of pending danger and disaster but many times we choose not to listen. Remember my story of the test pilot, Bob Crawshaw? "Bill, if you just "feel" like something is wrong we won't go." 4 guys died in flight test while I was with Cessna but Bob Crawshaw (and obviously me) was not one of them. He listened.

"He screamed at me and shouldered past." The man is your enemy. He is angry. He doesn't want to talk. Let it go. Some fences can't be mended and this is probably one of them. Walk away and let him walk away.

"I laid my hand on his shoulder" Moral: Never try to pet a mad dog.

Your course of action depends on you. If you want total revenge take your gun and just go kill the guy -- gut shot is best for satisfaction -- slow death and you'll have time to spit on him and laugh a lot. You may spend a few years in the slammer so weigh it all to see if it's worth it. A couple of genital shots work well, too, and won't get you as much time in the slammer but do offer a high degree of satisfaction.

If you want partial revenge take him to court and sue him for a couple of million. If you are not interested in revenge (best course) but want protection talk to your local LEOs, get everything on record, and carry your khukuri and gun. Tell your enemy by registered mail (keep a copy and forward a copy to the LEOs) that you have learned your lesson and will be fully prepared for any future encounter and sign it, "touch me again and you're a dead son of a bitch." And stick by your game plan.

If you can forgive the man and try to go on living as best you can there is a reward for you which I am unqualified to try to describe. But I know this much when you get it you will end up thanking this man for giving you the opportunity to reap the reward.

Shoot your best shot.

Nothing can justify what this man/animal has done to you. As everybody has said, "This is not your fault."Everyone is right with using legal action against him. This seems to me to be the best way to hurt him. Even with me being young and cocky and knowing how to take care of myself very well, I would still take this to the authorities. He needs to be taking off the street so he does not hurt you, your family, or anyone else.

I read this last night shortly after you posted. I tried to think of something to say. I could not think of anything. It was and still is disturbing- I wish I was there with you. We are all here for you. Heal Well Munk

Munk,

This is absolutely appalling. This sort of thing shakes the whole foundations of your life. Fear for yourself, fear for your family.

You've been offered several options by the much-more-experienced members of the forum. I will just add my 2 cents:

1) Don't let him get away with it
2) Don't hurt yourself/family with your response

Keep in touch.

Joe

It is no man's fault for being sucker punched.

Lot of good advice here; I want to add that regardless of anything else, your wife needs to be packing IMMEDIATELY for the inevitable eventuality that he goes after her and the kids, as Elkevaering was saying.

That was only round one. Keep fighting this mother****er, and you will win the rest of them.

But let me repeat, YOU OR AT LEAST YOUR WIFE needs to be armed, PRONTO.

Do you have guns, or at least the extra funds to get some immediately?

munk, this may be a guy who needs killing.

If you don't file, how are the deputies or police going to know who's the good guy and the bad guy when he goes after someone else? Someone who listens to his gut and is ready to respond?

There's also a thing called disparity of force. If you are two hundred pounds and he is 400 pounds, that is somethin akin to being a hundred pound woman being attacked by a 200 pound man.

It might not do you any good but it may save somebody else's ass legally who has to put him down.

I'm sorry these kind of things happen. They damn well shouldn't happen to people like you.

Munk I haven't much to add except whatever you do, do it smart. It seems to me that after the shock is over your common sense will return as well as all the street smarts from the past.
Go to your quiet place, you will be told what to do.

Restraining order, carry a gun , and file civil suit. No matter how little the fool has you can take it and I would. It will probably piss him off more but the restraining order and gun take care of that. No jury could doubt that you were in fear of your life. That is the basis of self defense. Don't forget to say that in your police report. Heal up and get even,legally.

It saddens me to hear of this Munk, best wishes for your recovery .

Looks to me like there's been some good advice given regarding getting injunctions, legal advice etc.

Particularly this:

STAY out of his way... MAKE SURE THAT ANY CONTACT with him is by HIS doing. Pretty obvious, but it will help re-enforce the restraining order, or enforcing his violation of it.

But this is a real problem:

Some of you know the trouble I've had with a neighbor who wanted to block the road to my house because he owned about 20 yards of it, and I about 70, both to our front. I couldn't explain all the wherefores behind this. He thinks the mining talings used as fill are toxic- at least, that is what our water bond the little town was able to get financed stipulated. He'd like to ruin the
project and get some heads rolled. I came into this because I'd wanted our road kept travelable. He doesn't actually believe there is any health hazard, he just want to make trouble . He hates the water board and would deny them anything he could. This is the guy who'd blocked the road with his pickup. My 40 years old pregnant wife was forced to walk a hundred yards down an icy hill at 20 below in the dead of winter to get to her car.

You've got to circle the wagons first, so to speak. One, talk to a lawyer, and two, it seems to me that you've got to find a way to get an alternative to the current access on your own if at all possible before initiating any action except perhaps those required for the immediate physical safety of you and yours. You need a lawyer that will help you fight for vehicular access to your property without traveling over your neighbor's land. There's no way that you can construct a detour over your property to solve this?? It may cost more, and seem stupid since there is an existing road, but you'll be in a much stronger and safer position if you do. With a stronger legal case, it may be easier to recover some some expenses to cover the cost of the detour.

Once legal action/charges get rolling, any entry onto his land, even just driving on his part of the road, can be interpreted by him or argued by his lawyers to be a provocation on your part, weakening your case if he violates an injunction or enters your property. If he gets a lawyer, first thing I'd expect is an attempt to get an injunction forbidding you from "trespassing" on his property--and portion of the access road. And if you live in as remote an area as it sounds, you don't want to be leaving your vehicles 100 yards away from your house with a neighbor that's out to get you. Especially if your only other means of contact is a wired-in phone line. In fact, you need to get another way to contact folks ASAP if that's the case.

Just my thoughts, and probably worth just what they've cost, especially since I'm no lawyer. Best of luck.

Munk,

Forget about Geezis, Lawyers, or the Police. Do what Bill suggests and seek enlightenment. Of course you won't find it, nobody ever does, although nany think they have. You usually find those “enlightened” individuals standing in front of a group of followers asking for money.

After a while, you will find that you can focus your mind to a single thought without the distractions and insanity caused by the trauma of the event.

Your course of action will then become clear. Plan carefully. Take no prisoners, leave no survivors.

Never fear to take any action because of the Karma you may create. Karma is self-balancing. Actions which seemingly create "Bad Karma" for ourselves may actually be "Good Deeds" necessary to balance someone else's Karma.

The Wheel of Life is constantly turning. Don't let it roll over you.

For munk and those his predicament has inspired to find means to protect themselves and their loved ones from harm, I recommend going to the below link:

Packing.Org

For example, if you go tothe section for the state of Montana you can see it is a shall issue state, with 90 days to determine if applicant does not have disqualifying reasons.

By going to the section for the state of Idaho, you can find they honor all other states permits to carry.

What you do with that information is up to your own best judgement.

I'm glad there is such an organization with generally up to date information. I'm also doubly sad there are cases where it's necessary to seek such knowlege due to imminent danger.

Peace to all - ( whichever way it takes ).

Munk -
We had talked about the "NC 5 gal. Solution" some time ago, and it appears I wasn't the only one to come up with it. I did decide that you just aren't cold-blooded enough to go that way. Follow the advice given and go the legal route, document everything, and fully expect him to retaliate when he is served, charged or whatever. Keep something heavy handy, and keep your hand on it. He IS the type to go for something like that, and you need to either be fully prepared, or someplace else when he boils over. He will, trust me.

Munk,'
Here's my view 1)You didn't strike back & feel, as a man you should have done something!! You were sucker punched,you had "no" chance!I(lot of us have been there)!2)Friends didn't help!!Welcome to the real world! Been there,taking care of two guys & was left on my own,relative just stood there & one tried to get him to help THEM!!3)Advice to go legal,"GOOD",that's step one!!4)Maybe nothing will be done,if so, get ready for future encounters. If you don't feel you can handle him due to various reasons,(Wal.,will agree)start carrying a cane! He starts,"BEAT THE EVER LIVING **** OUT OF HIM"!
Stop feeling low! Anyone who says they NEVER got the crap knocked out of them is lying!!We have been there!!
jim(contrary to what Sarge thinks,I'm not always a Saint)!

Munk

In one moment he nearly robbed your family of their father, husband, breadwinner. While I am sure that you will come to a time when you can let it go, or perhaps even when he seeks forgiveness and you can grant it (what a day!) in the present he has placed himself in the hands of the law. In my view you have an obligation to your family to protect them, an obligation to your community to alert and protect them and an obligation to your own spirit to ensure that, while not sinking to his level, you see him punished.

If you could have fought him, that would have been justifiable. Now you have to give way to the legal process and so you should. Sue him? Certainly, at least to make yourself whole again for bills and anything else you lose. Prosecute him? Yes, to the limit of the law, anticipating a lessor response from the state. Fear him? Well Munk, not to mock you, but how much more frightened can you be than you feel now? How much more pain can he inflict? Nothing more to fear.

Will he retaliate? That is complicated; if he is a big dumb animal he will, so be prepared. Buy a Keltec-32 and learn to use it at close range, it is always double action and needs no preparation to deploy, it is reliable and it is tiny. Warn him off, legally and with an injunction against blocking your access. Be prepared for a long period of tension and unhappiness.

Here is one thing nobody has touched on yet: If you do nothing, he will escalate his behaviour towards you. What he did the other day will only be the threshold of the physical violence he will bring if he thinks you will take it and weirdly, he might just maneuver you into attacking him in order to make you vulnerable to the law. Whatever tactic he uses, he will escalate. You must shut him down.

I am sorry you are going through this, and I am sorry for the fear and hurt within your family. Do as you please, move, stay, seek couple counseling with a friend, minister or professional, but just don't turn on each other. We've all been humiliated before, some of us actually had it coming, but not you, not this time. One more thing. Your humour, your occasional wisdom and your presence in this forum are part of what makes it so good. You are worth reading, you are esteemed. Don't disappear on us.

You are not alone.

Stephen

"Your humour, your occasional wisdom and your presence in this forum are part of what makes it so good. You are worth reading, you are esteemed. Don't disappear on us.

You are not alone."

I'll drink to that.

Back