OT, personal matter, had the stuffing knocked out

Originally posted by MauiRob
:(

DOn't beat yourself up about the drinking--just remember you're only a drunk when you drink. You can stop today and tomorrow you're sober. Guilt is only a tool that your mind uses to excuse drinking. Guilt does no good unless it keeps you from drinking and I've never really seen it be a good motivator for much of anything long term. YOu have nothing to be ashamed about, and IMHO keeping track of length of time sober is okay, but it makes it that much worse if you slip. If you quit tomorrow or next week you don't have to reset the clock to zero if you ask me.

Hang in there Munk...More to come later.

Very good advice.

1. Find a local chapter and when they have meetings. Attend.

2. If (1) is not possible, find someone you can call upon for counsel, and go through the steps carefully, with his help, by yourself.

3. Count TODAY. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may not come. Today you live with yourself, and your sense of self.

4. If you have your health (generally), someone you care for, and someone who cares for you, EVERYTHING else is just "stuff."

(And repeating my earlier post)
Don't think about reprisal. Let it go. The law will or will not follow through. Either way, hate festers and corrodes you. Protect what is yours within the law. Stop within the limits of the law.

You have time for any civil action later.

Finally. Been there. Learned these things. Also learned: No matter how smart you are, you are not yet done doing stupid things. Life is not a movie, it is merely life.

Munk-- I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I can't think of anything to add to what has already been said. I hope that your pain, inner and outer, heals and quickly fades.
--Josh

Munk -
I am sorry to hear about the incident with the gorilla. It sounds as if some good advice has been given out here in the forum already. I would agree with those who say arm yourself - just knowing the typical smalltown mindset and the fact that you have to pass the fat SOBs truck everyday. You sound like an intelligent person but not everyone is as smart as you and he may well decide after you press charges to confront you one morning (despite how stupid an idea that would be). Be ready, play it smart, get healed up man.

Take care,

~Dak

You can lose your sobriety, but nothing, absolutely nothing, can take that 16.5 years of being alive away from you. That belongs to you. Now get your rear in gear.

The Big Kahuna has got it right. Chances are you will now end up owning the SOB property. Start the legal process, and go with it. The first thing your attorney will advise you to do is to get the conversation off these forums. Good luck! You are helping your community to rid itself of a dangerous POS. Perhaps Bill can delete this thread at your request.

The best to you.

n2s

A few things to all my freinds, friends and voices I can't tell you how much meant to me just now.

One. I did not have a khukuri on me and would not have used it had I. By the time i realized my life was in danger it would have been too late to draw it. I'd already given it to the resraruant staff to give to a decent guy I liked who owned the place. It was well behind the counter and I never once thought of grabbing it. After the first blow to the head from the side, I couldn't think much of anything- I was just trying to survive and prevent a skull fracture. People have come to me now and told me, 'I knew he couldn't have hit you that hard alone- it was the glass."

two, the only time I will ever draw lethal force is when I know my life is in danger and I must prevent it. I just didn't know. I didn't know we were in a fight. I thought I was going to bring peace to our troubled past.

three, I think about suicide the same way a rightious soul does upon rare occasions like this; though I hate my human mistakes and limitations, I would never do it. I wish there was some relief, but relief only comes in accepting pain, not in running from it.

I am damn grateful to be alive and praying to God the way I should have been earlier. A sobriety is not just an absence of booze, it is living a life which shows you care and exist on this planet. I'm back. my wife had earlier that day confronted me about sneak drinking, and I'd told the truth and knew it was now over. I didn't expect a head cracking experience, but you know, I'll take it; I'm back.

I am trying to avoid the stockholm/denny experience where you forgive your attacker so much you forget to insist he take responsibility for what he's done. I'm told not to make decsions now as I've a head injury .( hey, my pupil came back down- glad to see it.)

This man needs even- but I sure as hell don't know how to give it to him. YOu've all seen this before, but there is going to be a rush of some poor misguided souls to reassure this hateful blob. they will tell him he's alright, that he didn't kill me, and that I had it coming because i tried talking to him. And so it goes.

Karma and God may have to pay the piper here. I have a wife and kids just a few yards from him. I don't trust him or the small animal bones on his drive way, the poached and left dead deer on the road. But I'm not leaving. There's probably going to be enough defense in any vehicle I drive past his place. I can shoot a beer can off hand at 65 yards with my revolvers. That won't help me if he snipes me someday, but i don't think he'd like to exchange shots directly.

But something tells me it won't come to that. I feel a bigger wheel in motion now, can't put it into words or explain what I mean. He's crossed some line there is no going back from unless you humble yourself to the Almighty, be that The Way, Hinduism, or Native American beliefs. Things happen to those who cannot be made humble.

Bill might be better able to say this; the man has entered a place where the hounds are agoing to be coming down upon his head, and this man does not have the insight to keep them at bay. They are coming. I can almost hear them in my addled state.

munk

N2, good advice- but I am this person who has always, (mostly- not JESUS OR BUDHUH LIKE) told the truth. I've already told the sheriff's most of this. It is my way. I take the responsibility for what I've done. They didn't even know I'd been drinking. I sounded fine and only smelled a small bit.

Now, as my Lawyer says, no sense taking all the responsibility, but the officers have already weighed in listening to me. "Munk, whatever you did, no one deserved what happened to you."
You all should know the Sheriffs here like the truth, and have been on my side since the easement question started. They are the level break boys, the kind you pray you'll run into in Law enforcment.
munk

dayum!

Glad to hear the local LE is on your side. that will make it go easier for you. If your adversary has a less-than-sterling rep with them, it will go worse for him.

Another thing I just thot of, regarding the animal carcass issue. Might call the Board of Health, as carcasses of dead animals could spread disease.

The Pet shop I had trouble with next door to my place was discarding carcasses of fish, lizards, and birds by throwing them in their back alley, my back yard, and my front yard. I keep dogs, and have a wee one as you do, and this improper dumping of dead animals was considered by the Indianapolis Board of Health to be a dangerous violation. They issued the pet store a two week timeframe to clean up, or lose the business.

These laws are in place to keep slobs like this in line. No one wants the black plaque all over again.

This, plus any litigation, etc., will be using the full umbrella of the law, as it is to be used to protect the populace. There can be Justice in law, even today. You are doing you, yours, your townfolk, and the US a favor by pursuing legal action for aggrievances that this bastid could visit on others. Nip him at the bud!

Stay well.

Keith

"the man has entered a place where the hounds are agoing to be coming down upon his head, and this man does not have the insight to keep them at bay. They are coming. I can almost hear them in my addled state."

They are called the hounds of karma.

God Bless you all, Walosi, Pappy, Semper fi, Bill, Raghorn, Maui, Rusty, N2, Josh, Kismet, Bruise, Bobwhite, Ferrous, all, everyone, for your help. I needed to tell someone. Telling people who know about Pain is a hell of a lot better than telling the grocier clerk in the City anything at all after she askes," what happened to your face?" Telling people whom I've spoken to for many months not only about Khukuris but life and peace and war mean much. - No, more than that; about how to live life

munk

Munk--your head may have been temporarily rattled, but it sure sounds like it's still screwed on straight;) I think you handled the whole thing much better than I would have.
--Josh

I have not had a chance to read the whole thread, but I read a little. Prayers going out. Good Luck Munk and God bless you and your family.

My prayers are with you also, Munk. I hope that things work out well for you. These things seem to have a way of becoming positives, although it sure doesn't seem like that right now.

I hope the lardass gets what he has coming. Not a very nice thought, but there it is...

Hang in there!

Today I had dreams while dozing that when awake I knew where only dreams. Last few days I couldn't tell. I just didn't know. I couldn't tell what was real. "Did that happen?" I'd ask myself, as the images faded away...

I slept about 14 hours. My wife has stopped waking me every hour as the danger of not me never waking seemed over.

btw, to those of you who wondered if this man would get his..he avoids fights...is afraid, why else would he use a glass against me? He doesn't want to get hurt.

He talks rotten to women and children who can't do anything. With men he is very carefull, despite his 400 pounds. When I'd confronted him about my wife, he backed down quickly and closed the door. I was on his property. There were a number of things he could have done. He saw something in me he wanted no part of. Perhaps that is why, average as i am, he used a spoon and glass and caught me from the side. I'd almost guess he was afraid of my fists. I'd explained to Bill I am quite average after I broke a couple of khukuris. I've always been able to hit a baseball very well, however.

We have too many feral cats around here. Once, knowing my neighbor's love of guns, a cat was given to him for quick disposal. What happened to the cat, and after the remains of the cat were discovered, made the man who given this chore to my neighbor swear he would never give another animal to him and feared any animal within his grasp. All my neighbors rifles are small bore, low recoil weapons. Easy to avoid detection. They are poachers weapons.

munk

icon8.gif
He is a coward, a bully, a nithling. He'll fook with the wrong folks one day, and he'll wish he'd learned his lesson sooner.

Someone will fish him outta the gene pool.

May the Lawgiver be with you, and assist in your rightful collection of Wergeld.

Keith

WOW! I just got to this thread and I'm shocked! I'm very sorry to hear this, Munk! I will pray for you and your family to be kept safe! I would not let this go and would press charges for sure!!! I would make sure he sees the inside of a jail cell! Munk, if you do not do this he might come for you or a family member in the future so please be ready protect yourselfs! YOU NEED TO NAIL THIS POS TO THE WALL! DO NOT LET THIS SLIDE, THAT IS WHAT HE IS HOPEING FOR!

Stay safe and be ready, buddy!

munk i have thought about ths very long and hard, and feel concerned eneough to post a second reply,
as regards legal action i say dont take any. the main reason being it may push this fool to the edge and provoke a violent outburst.
the other thing is if you did persue legal action you would most likely end up loseing,and paying large legal costs all to no avail.
[ why you or others may ask ] because you unfourtunately were carring in your hand a deadly weapon a large khukuris. any lawyer worth his salt would be able to make a case for his client in this situation.

as regards the gun issue i would say yes have one for self defence,but please get the red hot pepper mace as well, and use that as a first resort,unless he or any attacker is armed with a firearm.
best regards munk and dont forget you have lots of internet friends,who care about you as a person, and this event though large in your life now will with time pale to insignificance given time.
as i said previously forgive but dont forget be on guard in future but not to the extent it rules your life, dont let this dirtbag ruin you and your familys lives. regards ken:) :)

Back