OT: Showdown in Iraq, more battle blades from the HI Cantina good guys

When Operation Enduring Freedom kicked off, and we were packing out for Afghanistan, a bunch of good guys donated a bunch of good khuks to guys in my unit.

That spirit of patriotism and support has risen once more as we prepare to deal with the Iraq situation. Fellow forumites have been contacting me asking if they can send blades to give to the guys. I got a package recently from Logan1 that contained not one, but three knives. A 15" Sirupati that's a wickedly fine knife, and, for the younger troops that are into modern tactical blades, a Becker Combat Utility and a Kabar next generation fighter. Raghorn has an 18" Bura made Kobra in the air and on it's way to Fort Hood. Amazing. I was moved last time by the unselfish support of the HI cantina good guys, and I'm no less awed and appreciative this go around. I can't say enough to express my thanks, and really wish with all my heart that you guys could see the look on these young warrior's faces when I put your knives in their hands.

A lot of folks have said it before, but I'll say it again, you can look hi and low, but noplace, noplace, are you going to find a better bunch of guys than right here in the Cantina.

Sarge

What is the address for us to use Sarge? Any kinds of requirements or restrictions we should know about?

This address will be good for about another week and a half, can't be sure after that;

Gregory M. Sikes
1820 Camilla Road
Killeen, TX 76549

Guys, like I said, I truly do appreciate all your support. However, please don't feel obligated in any way to send anything more than your prayers and support. To me they are just as valuable, and just as appreciated.

Sarge

I am glad the package came through and that I could help out a bit. You guys be careful over there and kick some butt(or blow it up, which ever works best:D). Thank you for your service to Our Country.

"kick some butt"

I worked from 6 am Saturday morning until 9 am Sunday morning loading our trucks and equipment onto rail cars taking them to the port to be loaded onto ships. I deployed to Saudi Arabia back in August of 1990 for Desert Shield/Desert Storm, and I thought that was the biggest deployment I'd ever see. I was wrong.

Saddam obviously doesn't care at all about his country or the people in it, or he'd do the right thing while there's still time. He's just another petty tyrant clutching at power and doesn't care how much his people have to suffer as a result. The firepower and capabilities we bring to the battle now far outstrip what we were capable of at our previous Desert Storm peak. If Saddam doesn't have a clue yet, he better get one fast. When the clock burns down on the final deadline, we will execute our orders.

Sarge

Sarge, I can't use my reply function to get to your email. I am using the hell out of that file knife and the other ones you sent. I am making you a little whittling project right now with them so you can see first hand how much they are appreciated. I will get a little something out to you for one of your guys as well.

Bob, I'm glad those knives are giving good service. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than to hear that something I made is proving it's worth and usefulness.

Sarge

Sarge,

Assuming, for the sake of argument, that someone wanted to ask Uncle Bill to send a knife to the address that you listed below. What would you suggest that he request?

Best of luck,

Joe (leaving town soon, and may not be able to respond til Wed).

Sarge,
Will you be able to make it to the D&D parking lot before you head out, or should I pack and ship my contributions?
Berk

Joe, if I remember right Uncle has a bunch of 15" AKs he needs to clear out at reduced price. If someone was thinking of buying a khuk to donate I'm thinking that would be a very good choice. The 15" khuks (BAS/Sirupati/AK) may not be as intimidating as their bigger brothers, but they really shine when it comes to practicality and carryability. Both, good factors to keep in mind when you wind up places where it seems everything is a durn long walk from everything else.;)

Sarge

Berk, I should be able to make it down to the Dog and Duck and have a wee pint or two for luck.:D We'll have to play it by ear though, 'cause time off has been kind of spotty lately. If I didn't have a calendar I wouldn't know what day it was.:(

Sarge

Sarge,
I'll look forward to buying the first pint, but if the schedule gets tight let me know by email and I'll drive up to meet you with some goodies on short notice.
Berk

Four 15 inch AKs headed your way tomorrow, Sarge, compliments of two forumites. Forumites, HI will do it's part. I'll give 25% off anything I have in stock that you want to send to Iraq. Email me.

Update: A dozen HI khukuris are going tomorrow and, Sarge, if you see a few good men who are not AF pass them out using your own good judgment.

Package from me on the way Sarge. Distribute as you see fit. God be with you and all the men.

Sarge, check your email. I've got some questions on what to send you. Better be careful and write back or who knows what you'll get! :D :D :D ;)

That was a really good question, Joe. I'm too far away to send anything. But I'm sure UB will ensure stuff gets where it's supposed to be.

Good luck, Sarge!

Back