OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

Yeah she was pretty pissed! This dog has a bad attitude.
It has been a little bit over 6 months since Gracie died and it still kills me.

The passing of a pet is enough to make a grown man tear up. I wish my hunting dogs lived longer

Didn't have a picture on my phone but I own a Russian Mountain Dog. She's 1.5 years old and almost 170lbs!(and not done growing!) We named her Sochi because of the Winter Olympics that were taking place in Sochi, Russia. A few months ago she went missing for 17 days and when she came back home she had part of her front paw missing(we assume she must have been caught in one of the neighbors coyote traps. A months before then she went missing for 2 days and came back with a fresh deer leg. She's a very mellow dog(despite their sometimes violent reputation within Russian Police forces and other incidents). She's a wonderful dog and she's very calm around kids and babies. She's my favorite companion

The North Remembers

It heels, and that kimber looks pretty smart. I don't figure she'll do that too much more.
Yeah slowly but surely. This little brat definitely knows how to push my buttons, but she's a big sweetheart also. She smacked her head pretty hard against the door frame so I doubt she'll jump out ever again!

The passing of a pet is enough to make a grown man tear up. I wish my hunting dogs lived longer
I wish they all lived a lot longer too. That bond is so damn hard to get over.

Didn't have a picture on my phone but I own a Russian Mountain Dog. She's 1.5 years old and almost 170lbs!(and not done growing!) We named her Sochi because of the Winter Olympics that were taking place in Sochi, Russia. A few months ago she went missing for 17 days and when she came back home she had part of her front paw missing(we assume she must have been caught in one of the neighbors coyote traps. A months before then she went missing for 2 days and came back with a fresh deer leg. She's a very mellow dog(despite their sometimes violent reputation within Russian Police forces and other incidents). She's a wonderful dog and she's very calm around kids and babies. She's my favorite companion

The North Remembers

That's one heck of a dog you have there!!

A hundred and seventy pounds, holy cow! My hounds average in the 45-65 lb. range. I'm not familiar with that breed, got a picture of her?

A hundred and seventy pounds, holy cow! My hounds average in the 45-65 lb. range. I'm not familiar with that breed, got a picture of her?
8bf78f63e2b94bb027c7fa3e810ae7d3.jpg

Didn't have one on my phone but this is exactly what she looks like.

The North Remembers

The North Remembers

I saw a dog that looked just like this running with its master, who was mountain-biking on a trail I was day hiking. It was so big it dwarfed my Rottweilers! Impressive canine!

Cried when family lost our pet when I was a teen, a poodle of all things. Next dog I got when in my twenties was a Weimaraner - a runaway. Absolutely goofy mutt but he and I were pals. Gave to my bro when went overseas.

Year and half ago I decided I needed a dog in my life again. Found this one on the Internet; a rescue when county seized her from owner for negligence and possible abuse, weighing only 35#/at time of seizure.

She's a real sweetheart - about 5yro. Follows me everywhere and sad if can't go out on errands with me. We believe she is part Plot Hound and Black Mouth Cur and suppose to weigh 50-55#.

Goes totally ape when she sees a squirrel!!!
f589b5ed8b9de4e6fde78d86e81814db.jpg
cb8596b630092d0838b0e09a4e3b22b4.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The North Remembers
I think that just might be the ugliest beautiful mutt I've ever seen!! 👍😁 And I thought Hungarian Kuvasz were big!

Wow, thanks for the picture North Survival, that is quite a dog!

RJ, I love the looks of your rescue dog. She does look as if she could be the mix you describe. Will she 'tree' on squirrels or does she just chase them?

Cried when family lost our pet when I was a teen, a poodle of all things. Next dog I got when in my twenties was a Weimaraner - a runaway. Absolutely goofy mutt but he and I were pals. Gave to my bro when went overseas.

Year and half ago I decided I needed a dog in my life again. Found this one on the Internet; a rescue when county seized her from owner for negligence and possible abuse, weighing only 35#/at time of seizure.

She's a real sweetheart - about 5yro. Follows me everywhere and sad if can't go out on errands with me. We believe she is part Plot Hound and Black Mouth Cur and suppose to weigh 50-55#.

Goes totally ape when she sees a squirrel!!!
f589b5ed8b9de4e6fde78d86e81814db.jpg
cb8596b630092d0838b0e09a4e3b22b4.jpg

Cheers

She's a great looking pup! I'm glad you were able to rescue her and give her a good home.

She's a great looking pup! I'm glad you were able to rescue her and give her a good home.

Thanks standard78. Was actually searching online for something else when I took one look and SHE BOUGHT ME! 😁

Best to ya.

Well I just learned a valuable lesson. Never leave anything out around this damn dog.
17e39dbd4e19499a3aaf4ccaad3d0bac.jpg

6c6647298b7fc1bab287a11787af31e7.jpg

Apparently my trystick sucked.

Well I just learned a valuable lesson. Never leave anything out around this damn dog.
17e39dbd4e19499a3aaf4ccaad3d0bac.jpg

6c6647298b7fc1bab287a11787af31e7.jpg

Apparently my trystick sucked.
Yep, it happens at times. I really fortunate. After catching her munchin' burger bun left out for lunch, I scolded her. Since then she hasn't gotten into trash or anything whenever alone.

Normal way of disciplining/training her is shunning her (dogs are pack animals) and food/compliments.

BtW: What type of dog? Interesting coat/color.

Haha oh kimber... If it makes you feel any better, our perfectly house broken dog left us a huge turd mound in our bedroom for running out for coffee for an hour. It felt very intentional haha

No picture for obvious reasons....

Yep, it happens at times. I really fortunate. After catching her munchin' burger bun left out for lunch, I scolded her. Since then she hasn't gotten into trash or anything whenever alone.

Normal way of disciplining/training her is shunning her (dogs are pack animals) and food/compliments.

BtW: What type of dog? Interesting coat/color.

I'm pretty lucky that she hasn't gone for any food yet. All I have to do is change my voice and point my finger and she knows she messed up.
She's a Queensland Heeler or Red Heeler.

Haha oh kimber... If it makes you feel any better, our perfectly house broken dog left us a huge turd mound in our bedroom for running out for coffee for an hour. It felt very intentional haha

No picture for obvious reasons....

Haha what a little shit! Your pup has a great attitude!

Back