OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

I'm pretty lucky that she hasn't gone for any food yet. All I have to do is change my voice and point my finger and she knows she messed up.
She's a Queensland Heeler or Red Heeler.
Voice/finger: Agreed. Part of my "basket of tricks" as well but not often used other than "no" when we're getting close to a cat or squirrel while out walking. Helps to have a deep voice.

In the end, I think she knows she has a "good deal" now, after what she apparently went through with previous owner (she was seized by the govt for negligence and abuse). Very loving and loyal.

Happy trails to ya!

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Wow, thanks for the picture North Survival, that is quite a dog!

RJ, I love the looks of your rescue dog. She does look as if she could be the mix you describe. Will she 'tree' on squirrels or does she just chase them?
Hard Knocks,

Sorry get back to you so late, over looked it somehow.

She "trees" as you described. In fact, if she could be like her "cousin, a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Hound, she'd actually climb the tree chasing the darn things.

Goes completely nuts over them. Can't tell how many times she nearly tore my hand/arm off after spotting one!😵

Lagniappe: She doesn't bark a lot. Certainly not as much as the German Shepherd next door or the Lab across the street. Already accustomed to the mailman's footfall and other "regular" noises. Nice!! But she WILL make a low single bark or "rumble" if I ignore her too long!!!!

Found her on the Internet at a local adoption agency. Had been looking at pit bulls when "she spotted me". LOL

^That's a good sidekick, too, Tinbanger :thumbup:

Hard Knocks,

Sorry get back to you so late, over looked it somehow.

She "trees" as you described. In fact, if she could be like her "cousin, a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Hound, she'd actually climb the tree chasing the darn things.

Goes completely nuts over them. Can't tell how many times she nearly tore my hand/arm off after spotting one!😵

No problem bud, I wondered if it might have gotten missed. I was just curious about the treeing part because I train tree hounds and have a soft spot for them. These would climb the tree if they could, too, and they're treed on a bear here :)

n1u14XT.jpg

No problem bud, I wondered if it might have gotten missed. I was just curious about the treeing part because I train tree hounds and have a soft spot for them. These would climb the tree if they could, too, and they're treed on a bear here :)

Yep, that could easily be her howling up a tree.

Plotts are from N(?) Carolina. Like my previous dog, Weimaraner, Plotts are bred for boar and beer hunting. Fearless is how they're described. One even kept attacking a bear - along with other Plotts - until the dog died of its injuries. (Bear later bagged too.)

Because of this, I need to be careful when out and about, as she'll probably even dodge cars if given a chance.

And if you're not familiar with them, may want to research Louisiana Catahoulas. Not joking when I said they can climb a tree (a little). Saw a pic of one standing up on a limb.

How long you been training dogs? Whereabouts are you located?

hunterjrg said:
Love them hounds HK👍👍

Thanks bud!

R_J, I was looking for a picture to post of some of my 'tree-climbers' ha! Some of them are totally ridiculous. I didn't have one that was digital, I might have to take a pic of a pic. :) My buddy has some catahoula and leopard crosses, a lot of heart in those dogs, too, for sure. I pretty much can't remember a time without a tree dog around, and even when I was young had the responsibility of taking care of my dad's dogs. I'm a bit NW of Boise, Idaho.

Ccouldn't resist:

Yep, that could easily be her howling up a tree.

Plotts are from N(?) Carolina. Like my previous dog, Weimaraner, Plotts are bred for boar and beer hunting. Fearless is how they're described. One even kept attacking a bear - along with other Plotts - until the dog died of its injuries. (Bear later bagged too.)

Because of this, I need to be careful when out and about, as she'll probably even dodge cars if given a chance.

And if you're not familiar with them, may want to research Louisiana Catahoulas. Not joking when I said they can climb a tree (a little). Saw a pic of one standing up on a limb.

How long you been training dogs? Whereabouts are you located?

That's the kind of dog I need!

Thanks bud!

R_J, I was looking for a picture to post of some of my 'tree-climbers' ha! Some of them are totally ridiculous. I didn't have one that was digital, I might have to take a pic of a pic. :) My buddy has some catahoula and leopard crosses, a lot of heart in those dogs, too, for sure. I pretty much can't remember a time without a tree dog around, and even when I was young had the responsibility of taking care of my dad's dogs. I'm a bit NW of Boise, Idaho.
Well, the first family dog I remember (family had an earlier one) was a Standard Poodle, of all things. LOL Silly male but pretty smart. Actually bred to hunt ducks and other water fowl.

Was a good companion but not really my kind of dog. If I were in colder climes, huskies and similar would be on my list. But totally blown away as to how well this "lil' lady" and I have bonded. Can't ask for a better pet.

Idaho: Was in the SLC, UT area for about 2yrs. Sadly never made up that way. Heard its beautiful country. Maybe one day.

Best to ya.

Couldn't resist:

Plotts are bred for boar and beer hunting.

That's the kind of dog I need!

LMAO, missed that the first time! R_J may have found the perfect dog! :D

Ronin_Jedi said:
Idaho: Was in the SLC, UT area for about 2yrs. Sadly never made up that way. Heard its beautiful country. Maybe one day.

Best to ya.

I drove through Morgan, UT this last week, just north of Ogden. That place is absolutely beautiful this time of year.

Best wishes to you as well man.

Seen dog pictures popping up figured this could use a bump so new comers could add to the furry four legged friends thread.

Here's the family dog, not the smartest but very much loves his family, he's a good dog.
wZqNvMk.jpg

Hey Cold One: I am very blessed to live nearby the Great Pacific but I do certainly miss the natural and green foliage fields where most you guys gallivant in! Is that cute pooch of yours a mixed breed?

Hey Cold One: I am very blessed to live nearby the Great Pacific but I do certainly miss the natural and green foliage fields where most you guys gallivant in! Is that cute pooch of yours a mixed breed?

The green foliage is nice but it can get thick fast and if I don't keep on it, it will cover my trails in a matter of weeks.

Max is a 4 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier, AKC registered name is Edelhaus Tanasi Maximus but he is just a pet and is great with my boys, ages 4 and 7.

Bumping this one back up.

Somehow this little cattle dog turned into a great swimmer. She loves this damn pool.
7b041c5a79d0eb204f680c12798bdd08.jpg

d7187440c78c2eb9c39b6062c3a48560.jpg

eefdfac7197f376f69ca111adb859c12.jpg

Back