OT: Survivor Sidekicks (photos)

Sadface though, I miss my ex'es chihuahua's. They were oddly good dogs. Especially after they got used to my fatso Dachshund.

They're still one of my favorite breeds with so much character packed into a small package.
I dog sit this little booger when one of my clients vacations. She's a pug/chihuahua mix and she's the BOSS!
60879ca16008ef1463a8926c7cfb775f.jpg

68c6817b3e3c265181ab4bd1efb3e43d.jpg

Catahoula's are pretty damn smart!
Is he your hunting dog?
I wish. I've never been around and know nothing about hunting with dogs. He's amazingly quick, I got him as a rescue, I can't imagine how fun he'd be if I got him as a pup. He's just about the perfect pooch but he forgets his manners and jumps when he's excited and when he slips his collar (which he's awesome at) he runs like a deer with nitrous in his bum.

I wish. I've never been around and know nothing about hunting with dogs. He's amazingly quick, I got him as a rescue, I can't imagine how fun he'd be if I got him as a pup. He's just about the perfect pooch but he forgets his manners and jumps when he's excited and when he slips his collar (which he's awesome at) he runs like a deer with nitrous in his bum.

Ahh so he pulls the old Houdini trick on you!

No knife in the pic, just thought the situation was silly enough to warrant sharing.

He'd been sitting next to that tree for a bit over 10 minutes because I tricked him into thinking a squirrel was in it. :D

No knife in the pic, just thought the situation was silly enough to warrant sharing.

He'd been sitting next to that tree for a bit over 10 minutes because I tricked him into thinking a squirrel was in it. :D

HA HA, I love that pic! My Chihuahua-MinPin cross will do the same thing, stands guard on a tree for an hour or more if he thinks he has a squirrel cornered.

294be3120239ab16c704d726977ad2ab.jpg

This guy gets treated better than my kids. His tail is connected directly to his heart.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This guy gets treated better than my kids. His tail is connected directly to his heart.

Nice looking Golden! My wife definitely treats our Golden better than the rest of us. That little girl is spoiled rotten. They're awesome companions though and I can see why.

I have joked about that for years... my theory is that it's like a self-winding watch. Gotta keep wagging to keep the thing going!

Beautiful golden. We've had 2 of them. Currently have an English setter.

21kf6ug.jpg
[/IMG]

My two. Ammo on the left and McClane (From the Die Hard movies)on the right.

McClane is a standard Doberman we rescued from a POS who had abused him. He's still skiddish but healthy and 65 lbs.

Ammo on the other hand, is a freak of nature and weighs in at 164. lbs as of his last vet visit. He's really just a big lap dog and MCClane is the Alpha male. Either one who would chew off a leg if you came around and we weren't here. Best watch dogs I've ever owned.

FYI, those are 18" tiles in the kitchen for a size comparison. :D

MCClane sleeps at the foot of my bed, and Ammo in my daughters room at night. Other than that, they have the run of the house and yard.

Last edited:
21kf6ug.jpg
[/IMG]

McClane is a standard Doberman we rescued from a POS who had abused him. He's still skiddish but healthy and 65 lbs.

Ammo on the other hand, is a freak of nature and weighs in at 164. lbs as of his last vet visit. He's really just a big lap dog and MCClane is the Alpha male. Either one who would chew off a leg if you came around and we weren't here. Best watch dogs I've ever owned.

MCClane sleeps at the foot of my bed, and Ammo in my daughters room at night. Other than that, they have the run of the house and yard.

Those are some good looking dobies! I've always liked that breed.

21kf6ug.jpg
[/IMG]

Ammo is a beautiful freak of nature :D Dobies are one of my favorite breeds ever. They were a victim of prolific breeding in the 70's before Rotties were the new thing but the breed seems to have stabilized. They're so damn smart. A person at work was bitching that they had a dog show up at their camp site (a mile or two off the interstate) and they told her to stay and she was still there when they went back a couple days later. She obviously had training just from that so I took her in and I wished I'd never reached out when a Doberman rescue group came to pick her her up. She was a treat. I was all about volunteering to keep her but they saw her training quick too. One of my first dogs when I was a kid was a Doberman hilariously named Bambi. Her, a Norwegian Elkhound named Smokey, and my Springer Spaniel Sammie raised me just as much as anyone else did.

Back