OT What's your favorite Handgun?

1-For weddings,church,and most social occasions : Charter Arms .44 Special Bulldog. :D

2-For trolling or strolling through that part of town where the occupants believe that what they have is theirs and what you have is negotiable or responding to the nice man wearing a mask trying to kick your door down at 2:00a.m. in the morning: Browning HI-Power or Browning BDM with Hi-cap mags. :mad:

3-For rendering and shredding tissue indistinguisable from Jimmy Dean's Pork Sausage: CZ-52 with Reedsammo's 85 grain XTP hollow points. :rolleyes:

4-For everyday carry/never to be without/ no matter what:NAA 1 1/8 inch barrel stainless steel .22LR :cool:

EDC carry = G27, I think .40sw is a good compromise ammo, fits in my pocket

alternate EDC carry (fanny pack or whatever) G23

outdoors carry = 10mm G20, awesome round, awesome gun :)

My favorite varies between these three:
Kimber Custom 1911
Ruger GP100
Ruger MKII

I have several I like.

1.Colt Python, 6 inch barrel

2.Smith and Wesson .41 Magnum, 6 inch barrel

3.Series 70 1911

4.S&W Model 15, nickel plated and pearl handled

Hey,Coonskinner; correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Smith model 657 a 6.5" blade?

munk

Actually, a freudian slip would have been if I'd asked if the Smith model 657 had a 6.5" Dick.

munk

Yes, but the principle is the same. I'm sorry, it just struck my funny bone somehow. Time to get some sleep before work tonight.

I've noticed I've been mispelling a lot lately too- real dumb things, like Light instead of Lite. It's hell to get old and sloppy.

But anyway, the model 657 is a 6.5" BARREL

munk

Roadrunner- I still don't sleep good- my sinus's are too messed up for the Cepac machine to work, too. My BP is runnning stroke high, and I figure the heat death of munk aint that far off.

This post edited for general silliness and to keep within Martino's good taste guidelines.
munk

munk said:
But anyway, the model 657 is a 6.5" BARREL

Actually, the model 657 refers to an entire firearm, which has a standard length barrel of 6.5"

<ducking>

;) :D

munk said:
Roadrunner- I still don't sleep good- my sinus's are too messed up for the Cepac machine to work, too. My BP is runnning stroke high, and I figure the heat death of munk aint that far off.

Interesting munk...*I* am also having a lot of trouble adjusting to a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine as well as having to mess with BP meds.

Maybe a side effect of HIKV?

actually, NAsty, since the 657 is the ONLY regular catelogued version of the 41, and it ONLY comes in 6.5" barrels, your point was... superfulous. I had one once- a very nice machine- these CNC models are better than the old handfit crowd will admit. (Oh- I got it now- a BARREL. I really would make a great straight man.)

You can get limited runs of various "hunters' from time to time from the Custom shop, but these are special runs and are not regular items. The barrels have varied on these. The cylinders are usually unfluted.

A real heart break was the Davidson's 7.5" barrel Hunter Bisley offerred a year or two ago. I just didn't have the bread. Too many khuks, for one thing!!!!!

DAnny, I could get used to the machine, but my nose closes and I wake up- no air.

munk

Nasty said:
Interesting munk...*I* am also having a lot of trouble adjusting to a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine as well as having to mess with BP meds.

Maybe a side effect of HIKV?

Uwinv, does your CPAP have a heater on it so that it doesn't blow cold air?
The mask style and size is also very important!!!!
Robert has a heater and a new mask for mine so that I can try it again.
I couldn't handle the cold air blowing on my face so I quit using mine.:mad:
I'm thinking with the new mods it might work and I can maybe start sleeping longer than an hour or two at a time and quit waking up for absolutely no reason.:grumpy:

That's funny, Yvsa, I don't remember if my machine is warm or not. You'd think cool air would help keep the passages open.

The mask is the single most important part, I've found. Bad fitting mask and no sleep.

I kept waking up with mine on the floor. I haven't used it in two years.

munk

Yes...I have the heater and humidifier...but like munk...severe sinus irritation and I wake up with it on the floor in the morning.

I respect the need...but my sleeping self has no sense of need.

I'm thinking duct tape...

Nasty said:
Yes...I have the heater and humidifier...but like munk...severe sinus irritation and I wake up with it on the floor in the morning.

I respect the need...but my sleeping self has no sense of need.

I'm thinking duct tape...

Munk I haven't used mine in about 2 years as well, a total PITA!

Uwinv I wish I slept so sound that I could take mine off and wake up with it on the floor.
Maybe I will with the heater and the new mask.

Makes me wonder how many of the rest of us here have CPAP's or the need for one? LMRRAO :rolleyes: :D
You'd think we were all blood kin ainnit? :D

I think I have some form of sleep disorder. I evidently snore pretty badly at times, and when tired often drop off to sleep in seconds, dreaming instantly. About the only times I've come close to seriously losing it have been under pressure (say, an abusive Sgt screaming for no reason at me after baking in the hot sun for weeks in the desert) while suffering from sleep dep.

I really loved my 3" barreled 657, especially after I put boot grips on it (I have small hands), but my buddy Byron's 4" P&R 57 is wonderfully balanced. Hard to beat for a non-military fighting handgun. Of course, autoloaders do have serious advantages for mil use (strength, capacity).

John

Spectre, if you have insurance you need to take the test. They would rather pay for the machine now than the heart attack meds later.

You sound like you have it.

munk

Agreed...the funny thing is that I used to think that I slept like a baby. After the test, I saw how many times a night I stopped breathing and how low my blood oxygen content went. Surprising I am still here...

Back