1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Our "Front Porch" ....

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by RubiconSS, Jan 6, 2013.

1. alwayscarryaknife

alwayscarryaknife

May 31, 2013
    As you guys know I love to grill. So here's what I do best. Hickory smoked pork chops with a special marinade.

[​IMG]

Also trying out the Sam Adams Rebel IPA. Not my cup of tea but if you've always wanted to dip your toe into bigger IPAs this is a good one to try.

2. kwazyjuice

kwazyjuice

Feb 10, 2013
    That's a train of pork chops!!! Those look delicious!!

3. BikerTrash

BikerTrash

Feb 5, 2011
    I had a very cool day today. First off, a few weeks ago, I met a few other guys with Holden Pontiacs (GTO and G8 are made in Australia by a division of GM called Holden, as is the new Chevy SS). We formed an informal club, and keep in contact through Facebook. Today's weather was near perfect, 69 degree high, mostly over cast and slightly humid, and I had planned to install a few bushing and suspension bits that notoriously need aftermarket replacing on the GTO. I asked the club if any would help, since some had experience changing their own, and I would buy pizza (the good local stuff). 4 showed up, and we completed the front end work (the rear is much easier). Nothing like a day of wrenching with friends!

(I am in the black shirt)
    [​IMG]

Saturday at a show:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jensen81

Jensen81

Oct 3, 2012
    I love doing projects like that with friends Jim. It looks like you are having a good time. Beautiful car.

5. Final Option

Final Option Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2012
    BT doing fun things like that with like minded folks becomes a force multiplier, next time it will be engine swaps!

6. Georgecatl

Georgecatl

Oct 26, 2010
    nice GTO :thumbup:
    I travel for a living and usually go through a new car every two years.
    In 2002, I bought on the recommendation of a friend....a 2003 Mercury Marauder.
    I was amazed at how a car could prompt unsolicited comments and stares. Soon after buying car a ran into another Marauder owner who was involved with a group here in Atlanta.
    Long story short..............I still have car (retired it after 1 1/2 years and continue to go thru "work" cars every couple years) and I have breakfast every month with this group of friends( which has extended to and expanded within an online community)
    Once a year we all get together for what we lovingly refer to as "the fat car shootout" SSHS (Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout) in Commerce, GA. It was started by the Chevy SS guys(94-96) way back when. We get all the Mopar Guys, Caddy's, GTO, G-8's all together for a day at the Atlanta Dragway. A great bunch to hang out with. You ought to come join us....We have a guy who brings his Marauder from IA.
    [video=youtube;MZTcz6pqXak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZTcz6pqXak[/video]

7. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    I love this thread because You Guys never cease to amaze me with the Cool stuff you post. :thumbup:

BT - Congrats for really special time shared wrenching with buddies. If there was a pricetag that could even be hung on that kind of thing.... I can't imagine what it would read.
    Fact is, it's priceless.
    George- Watched that vid until my laptop battery cried for a rest :)

Hope everybody has a safe and happy 4th. Friends, Family... Picnics Hope it all happens for Everybody.

8. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    I'd like to pile on...nice toys and best wishes for a Happy and Safe 4th to all.

9. JP Chestnut

JP Chestnut

Nov 26, 2013
    This is my daughter's first 4th of July that there's any hope she might be interested (she's 16 months). We're hoping to make it out to see some fireworks with her. I hope everyone will have a safe and happy 4th.

10. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    I have found the "little ones" enjoy the lights but not so much the sounds. Just a heads up.

11. JP Chestnut

JP Chestnut

Nov 26, 2013
    It gets dark so late here (we're the Western most EST state) I'm not sure she's going to be happy about being out after 10pm. If not this year, then next.

12. prelude92

prelude92 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2012
    We're checking out the fireworks on campus. Last year they were a blast to watch. Sat in the baseball stadium :thumbup:

This will be my sons (9 mo) first 4th of July, and we're really excited for it. I too was worries about the sounds, so here's hoping for the best. I know the little man will enjoy the spectacle of lights and fire. Hell he's my son after all! :D

13. RDA

RDA

Aug 6, 2010
    I am thinking that my son, at 10 days old probably isn't going to appreciate them too much. My six year old does though and my three year old may, she got a taste of them last Saturday and she liked them as long as she could sit on my lap.

14. Jensen81

Jensen81

Oct 3, 2012
    ^ Hey congrats Rich!!!! Ten days old huh?? I hope that your little boy and mommy are healthy and happy.

15. Hammer

Hammer

Oct 3, 1998
    Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Independence Day celebration!

16. kwazyjuice

kwazyjuice

Feb 10, 2013
    Cool stuff happening!! Thanks for sharing! And have a safe and happy independence weekend :D

17. LilBayDeNoc

LilBayDeNoc

May 31, 2013
    Congratulations Rich on your newborn, exciting times!

18. kwazyjuice

kwazyjuice

Feb 10, 2013
    Yes what Steve said... Congrats!!

19. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Congrats on the little ones, especially the newest.:cool:

Happy 4th!

20. Final Option

Final Option Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2012
    The best to your new family addition Rich. Knives are fun family trumps all!