Our "Front Porch" ....

As you guys know I love to grill. So here's what I do best. Hickory smoked pork chops with a special marinade.

Also trying out the Sam Adams Rebel IPA. Not my cup of tea but if you've always wanted to dip your toe into bigger IPAs this is a good one to try.

I had a very cool day today. First off, a few weeks ago, I met a few other guys with Holden Pontiacs (GTO and G8 are made in Australia by a division of GM called Holden, as is the new Chevy SS). We formed an informal club, and keep in contact through Facebook. Today's weather was near perfect, 69 degree high, mostly over cast and slightly humid, and I had planned to install a few bushing and suspension bits that notoriously need aftermarket replacing on the GTO. I asked the club if any would help, since some had experience changing their own, and I would buy pizza (the good local stuff). 4 showed up, and we completed the front end work (the rear is much easier). Nothing like a day of wrenching with friends!

(I am in the black shirt)
10383484_574585539336358_548782382520851433_n.jpg

Saturday at a show:
colona6-28-14.jpg

qchcfb.jpg

I love doing projects like that with friends Jim. It looks like you are having a good time. Beautiful car.

BT doing fun things like that with like minded folks becomes a force multiplier, next time it will be engine swaps!

I had a very cool day today. First off, a few weeks ago, I met a few other guys with Holden Pontiacs (GTO and G8 are made in Australia by a division of GM called Holden, as is the new Chevy SS). We formed an informal club, and keep in contact through Facebook. Today's weather was near perfect, 69 degree high, mostly over cast and slightly humid, and I had planned to install a few bushing and suspension bits that notoriously need aftermarket replacing on the GTO. I asked the club if any would help, since some had experience changing their own, and I would buy pizza (the good local stuff). 4 showed up, and we completed the front end work (the rear is much easier). Nothing like a day of wrenching with friends!
nice GTO :thumbup:
I travel for a living and usually go through a new car every two years.
In 2002, I bought on the recommendation of a friend....a 2003 Mercury Marauder.
I was amazed at how a car could prompt unsolicited comments and stares. Soon after buying car a ran into another Marauder owner who was involved with a group here in Atlanta.
Long story short..............I still have car (retired it after 1 1/2 years and continue to go thru "work" cars every couple years) and I have breakfast every month with this group of friends( which has extended to and expanded within an online community)
Once a year we all get together for what we lovingly refer to as "the fat car shootout" SSHS (Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout) in Commerce, GA. It was started by the Chevy SS guys(94-96) way back when. We get all the Mopar Guys, Caddy's, GTO, G-8's all together for a day at the Atlanta Dragway. A great bunch to hang out with. You ought to come join us....We have a guy who brings his Marauder from IA.
[video=youtube;MZTcz6pqXak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZTcz6pqXak[/video]

I love this thread because You Guys never cease to amaze me with the Cool stuff you post. :thumbup:

BT - Congrats for really special time shared wrenching with buddies. If there was a pricetag that could even be hung on that kind of thing.... I can't imagine what it would read.
Fact is, it's priceless.
George- Watched that vid until my laptop battery cried for a rest :)

Hope everybody has a safe and happy 4th. Friends, Family... Picnics Hope it all happens for Everybody.

This is my daughter's first 4th of July that there's any hope she might be interested (she's 16 months). We're hoping to make it out to see some fireworks with her. I hope everyone will have a safe and happy 4th.

I have found the "little ones" enjoy the lights but not so much the sounds. Just a heads up.

I have found the "little ones" enjoy the lights but not so much the sounds. Just a heads up.

It gets dark so late here (we're the Western most EST state) I'm not sure she's going to be happy about being out after 10pm. If not this year, then next.

We're checking out the fireworks on campus. Last year they were a blast to watch. Sat in the baseball stadium :thumbup:

This will be my sons (9 mo) first 4th of July, and we're really excited for it. I too was worries about the sounds, so here's hoping for the best. I know the little man will enjoy the spectacle of lights and fire. Hell he's my son after all! :D

I am thinking that my son, at 10 days old probably isn't going to appreciate them too much. My six year old does though and my three year old may, she got a taste of them last Saturday and she liked them as long as she could sit on my lap.

^ Hey congrats Rich!!!! Ten days old huh?? I hope that your little boy and mommy are healthy and happy.

Cool stuff happening!! Thanks for sharing! And have a safe and happy independence weekend :D

I am thinking that my son, at 10 days old probably isn't going to appreciate them too much. My six year old does though and my three year old may, she got a taste of them last Saturday and she liked them as long as she could sit on my lap.

Congratulations Rich on your newborn, exciting times!

Yes what Steve said... Congrats!!

Back