Our future? Let's hope not

That poster is actually a couple of years old and isn't shown anymore (at least I've never seen it).

Although it isn't anything new. Our laws do not allow armed self defence, and knives fall into the catagory of prohibited items.

But we can carry 3" friction folders legally! Oh joy, I really need my fingers sliced off by an unlocked blade :( .

Watch and learn, your ancestors got the hell out of here for a good reason...

I had a discussion with someone from the UK and he stated the same thing. That many people were ignoring the laws and knife sales continued.

Laws are made and can be unmade. I hope the "culture of knife possession" gets stronger instead of weaker.

Tell me, are there any real statistics on knives and crime in London?

...There were 7,883 offences involving knives in the Metropolitan Police area in the 10 months to the end of January this year, compared to just 2,873 in the 10 months to January 2001. There were also large increases in other cities. In Greater Manchester, knife crime was up 23 per cent, and in Merseyside by 17 per cent. Similar rises have been noted in the West Yorkshire, Northumbria, Avon and Somerset and Thames Valley force areas...

Screw the letter of the law, technically pencils are illegal to carry here 'without good reason'.

I have to admit, I truley belive in defending your own person, and not reling on anyone else...IE police. Always have. And after reading this thread, went straight to the AKTI websight and became a member. Then shot over to the NRA website and became a member there.
And I am POOR right now. POOR!:D

Jeff

Back