Our Survive! Knives & Others We Love

I had an idea today for a new topic.There are probably other topics similar to this already, but I haven't seen one for awhile. I'd like to know about the knives you love. I thought it would be fun to see everyone's favorite Survive! knife and also find out what other knives you love.

Here are the rules:

1st, this is the Survive! forum, so take a picture and tell us why this knife is your favorite Survive! knife. If you haven't received one yet, you can still participate, just tell us which knife you are most excited for. Find a picture and show it! A picture is worth a thousand words.

2nd, choose another knife you own. Preferably, choose a knife not made by Survive!. If you are adamant in your belief that all other knives are inferior, you can choose another Survive! knife. But honestly, where is the fun in that?

Remember, the rule is two knives only! If you cant decide, pick those you think people will most enjoy seeing.

Have fun! I'll go first. . .

Last edited:
14ee3410769ab18a8bbff27444132693.jpg

This is my Survive! 5.1. I'll be honest, it's the only one I own currently, although I have two more coming. I absolutely love this knife. The balance is incredible. It's solid, and puts my only other fixed blade to shame, a Bear Grylls knife (Don't Laugh).

The 2nd is my ZT 566 with Black Wash coating. I realize this is hardly a custom knife. I don't care. This knife is a workhorse, and it fits my preference for.a quality knife without the high price tag that ordinarily accompanies custom work, which I can't afford in good conscience. This does everything I need, and looks good doing it. While I rarely have the opportunity to take out my Survive! knife, this knife goes with me everywhere. Cuts boxes, rope, whatever I need. And dang it, I love carrying it.

From my modest collection of knives, these are my favorite. What are yours?

Last edited:
I do really like my Gen 2 5.1, but still love all of my Survive! knives for their own unique capabilities. It's just like my kids :)

I didn't feel like taking another pic, so the 7/7 #02 happened to be in this pic. My favorite non Survive! blade is currently the CPK Field Knife in D3v

I've said before that my bk9 was my first real knife. The aesthetics hooked me when I saw it for the first time. The great reviews really sold me on it AND my research brought me to Bladeforums. The first time I held it felt like magic. This is my biggest blade that I currently own. I can't wait to compare it to a larger GSO someday.

My 4.7 is my absolute favorite knife. We'll see if I edit this post when my new 4.1 gets here!

Man this is always a tough choice.
My favorites are the Necker 2 and a Carothers Field Knife.
The Necker 2 beat out the swedged 7/7 by a tiny margin only because it's a lot easier to carry!
572b5f32d3dfb9c0455b430eaf03cbef.jpg

Great thread! I have to get a picture, but it has to be the 4.7 and either the CPK EDC (fixer), or the ZT 0566 (flipper). Have to think on it...

In all fairness though, I haven't detected any push back or derisive comments and behavior when S!K and CPK knives are cross pollinated on either sub forum. In fact, I would suspect that there are a couple of (militant) characters on the other side who may deride S!K if the topic comes up too often, as opposed on here where the crowd is much more tolerant.

IMHO, this subforum is one of the nicest and friendliest places on the BFs which is a testament to the welcoming traits of its regular dwellers and graciousness of its hosts. Thankfully the bad apples who were so hell bent on marginalizing and slandering Survive! seem to have gotten their refunds and moved on.

Now back onto the regularly scheduled programming ;)

Haha. I haven't looked into CPK at all. I don't want to start a fight, but really I like the CPK field knife that two of you have shown. Which S!K would you say it compare to?

Man this is always a tough choice.
My favorites are the Necker 2 and a Carothers Field Knife.
The Necker 2 beat out the swedged 7/7 by a tiny margin only because it's a lot easier to carry!
572b5f32d3dfb9c0455b430eaf03cbef.jpg

I so want to try out a necker 2 but I am afraid that I will be disappointed with it and where I would carry it with the handle sticking out next to my belt buckle and get in the way of my front pocket.
Both of those are very nice knives.

In all fairness though, I haven't detected any push back or derisive comments and behavior when S!K and CPK knives are cross pollinated on either sub forum. In fact, I would suspect that there are a couple of (militant) characters on the other side who may deride S!K if the topic comes up too often, as opposed on here where the crowd is much more tolerant.

IMHO, this subforum is one of the nicest and friendliest places on the BFs which is a testament to the welcoming traits of its regular dwellers and graciousness of its hosts. Thankfully the bad apples who were so hell bent on marginalizing and slandering Survive! seem to have gotten their refunds and moved on.

No no, I'm saying S!K AND CPK. If posters have a GSO and CPK, what else would they possibly choose than those two? In my infinitely humble opinion, these two brands are as upper echelon as one can get.

Turns out the CPK Field knife is being discontinued. So now I'll never be as cool as you guys. My S!K 7/7 and CPK field knife combo dream is shattered.

Good thing I also have a 4.1 coming. [emoji3]

I'm wondering if this will turn into an S!K and CPK thread :rolleyes:
Just wait till the 4.1's start rolling out!
I'm pretty sure there'll be a few side by side reviews on the two.

Very true.
This group has always seemed pretty laid back and more open to knife diversity than other groups. (Just a personal observation).
I think it helps that CPK and Survive have worked on projects together to come up with better steels for us all.

Haha. I haven't looked into CPK at all. I don't want to start a fight, but really I like the CPK field knife that two of you have shown. Which S!K would you say it compare to?
I'd say the new 4.1.
The only example I base my opinion on is from TRfromMT's photos.
Hopefully he'll see this and share a photo for us!

I so want to try out a necker 2 but I am afraid that I will be disappointed with it and where I would carry it with the handle sticking out next to my belt buckle and get in the way of my front pocket.
Both of those are very nice knives.
Yeah that could be a problem. I carry this on my side while I'm at work and it just disappears.
Thanks bud!

Turns out the CPK Field knife is being discontinued. So now I'll never be as cool as you guys. My S!K 7/7 and CPK field knife combo dream is shattered.

Good thing I also have a 4.1 coming. [emoji3]
Nathan might revisit the FK down the road so I'll let you know if I hear any buzz about that happening.

No no, I'm saying S!K AND CPK. If posters have a GSO and CPK, what else would they possibly choose than those two? In my infinitely humble opinion, these two brands are as upper echelon as one can get.

You've earned yourself a spanking, so don't wiggle your tush outta it ;)

Very true.
This group has always seemed pretty laid back and more open to knife diversity than other groups. (Just a personal observation).
I think it helps that CPK and Survive have worked on projects together to come up with better steels for us all.

Note Nathan's post from today regarding that survival knife pattern which he is going to market soon. As he said, he is looking for a slightly different name since he doesn't want to cause confusion because of his "affiliation" with Survive! Knives. I never, ever got any feeling that these two Cos were grabbing customers and business from one another and quite frankly, some folks will never be able to own a CPK because their marketing technique is such that it does not suit everyone's pace and availabity. Although a little bit of friendly competition is always healthy, these two Cos ought to have zero concerns about undermining each other, which I am sure that they do not. I enjoy both subforums but this is where I earned my stripes first :)

The choice is easy for me since the only 2 S!Ks I have so far are 4.7s.
I'm sure some of you are a bit tired of hearing me talk about a certain other knife, so I'll just leave it that :D

eb984f23f37201729fa773f3c7f68c62.jpg

Back