Overall best EDC?

I think this is the right spot for this question. Let me know if I'm wrong!

I have owned over a hundred knives, with the majority of them being various makers/brands. In my opinion, I think Koenig is #1 overall. The arius/mini goblin, with a CF scale, is the best knife I have ever handled and used. My criteria includes; factory edge, ergos, action, materials, weight, ease of disassembly/reassembly, tolerance consistency, action, longevity(projected...obv), legality, ease of opening/closing, attainability, beauty(subjective), customer service, reliability, cost.

I'm curious to see what ya'll think is #1 EDC? What's your favorite knife? What's your favorite maker/brand?
IMG_1071.JPG

Tough to answer, because there are simply too many great knives out there these days and tastes change over time. Once you get to a certain level of knife build and steel you reach a point of diminishing returns and it all becomes personal preference. People look for different things in knives and value them based on different attributes, some like the more utilitarian side and some like the bling and cosmetic side. Even tho i own some very expensive knives i still tend to gravitate towards the same few bread and butter load out.

So having said all that, my favourite large EDC is a satin blade Recon 1 in S35vn, my favourite small EDC would be the benchmade 940/943. Reasons for the Recon is that it's just the most bullet proof, toughest strength to weight knife i've ever used, best ergos i've ever felt, cuts like crazy and you could trust it with your life if needed. Plus it's simple as heck to break down and service and goes back together perfect every time. Reasons for the 940/943 is simply it's size, blade to handle ratio and it's fun factor, just easy to use and does what i need quickly. Still love all my other CRK's/spydies etc. but all for different reasons, there's something i love in all knives even if they don't get much time in my pocket.

I notice that usage isn't listed as a criteria.
I find a good Peanut pattern, Moki Fishowl, or Spyderco Baby Jess Horn to be my favorites.
Pin construction doesn't help ease of disassembly.
They are all legal in places where knives are legal - three of those lock, one doesn't. Large enough to handle my day, fine tips, not too thick.
My gripe is that the Spyderco Jess Horn should have a better scale material to be a gentleman's knife.
For Peanuts, Case can be uncertain, but I have nice Queen peanuts in D2 that are just fine.

This is truly impossible to determine. “Best” is entirely subjective in this conversation, and people are going to weigh variables differently based on their individual priorities and taste.

For me, a Kizer Gemini is perfect. The blade is .12” thick, full flat ground, a good shape, and well treated S35VN. The handle is exactly right to give me a full grip without excess handle sticking out. It’s slim, yet has enough handle to be palm filling in my large hands. The scales are incredibly well contoured, and the milled ti clip hits my hand such that the overall ergos are fantastic. It disassembles easily, and lines up effortlessly during reassembly. The action is very, very smooth, so it’s a fun fidget knife in addition to being a great user. It also costs less than $200.

If I said that it’s The Best EDC, it would be difficult or impossible to prove me objectively wrong. Similarly, I couldn’t prove anyone else wrong.

5HNXTWT.jpg

I think this is the right spot for this question. Let me know if I'm wrong!

I have owned over a hundred knives, with the majority of them being various makers/brands. In my opinion, I think Koenig is #1 overall. The arius/mini goblin, with a CF scale, is the best knife I have ever handled and used. My criteria includes; factory edge, ergos, action, materials, weight, ease of disassembly/reassembly, tolerance consistency, action, longevity(projected...obv), legality, ease of opening/closing, attainability, beauty(subjective), customer service, reliability, cost.

I'm curious to see what ya'll think is #1 EDC? What's your favorite knife? What's your favorite maker/brand?
View attachment 984913

2.75 inch = Kizer Feist. I just love this knife.

3 inch = Small Sebenza 21. When it comes to the small CRKs I like the slightly longer handle of the 21 over the small inkosi.

3.25 inch = shamwari. 3.25 may be the ultimate edc knife size of all. Mine is an old shamwari so it has some quirks but I still love it.

3.5 inch = Boker Exskelibur 1 Framelock. The knife and blade are just so thin and light.

ETA: Special shoutout to Emerson Hd7! I llve this knife. I have always loved the Emerson cqc7 series because it is a decent knife for edc carry but it also has some self defense capability. But the regular cqc7s always seemed abit thick to me. The HD7 is thinner and that makes it perfect!

Oh and for an edc fixed, Spyderco Street Beat or Brous Blades Silent Soldier necker.

Last edited:
My most carried in the last weeks:
  • Spyderco Mantra 2, for clipped carry
  • Lionsteel Shuffler, for discreet carry in jeans pocket in the office
Knives with the following properties happen to get carried the most:
  • Thin edge
  • Full flat grind
  • Easy to clean
  • Good in-handle retention
  • Narrow in pocket
  • No sharp corners exposed when closed
  • Handle egdes rounded
  • Edge comes close to handle
IMG_2930.jpg IMG_2933.jpg

Last edited:
Well... I'm not a senior knife guy and I didn't own hundred of knives... but I did take times to delve into others' knife reviews...
My first folding knife is CR Sebenza 21 and I love the smooth action of it. For me, it's a knife which reached the golden balance of the definition to folding knife. After playing some nice knives from some knife guys, I was intrigued by the smooth flipping action of Koenig Arius, however, it's a bit bulky for me except for its well rounded perfection. When I saw the release of Mini Goblin, I was more than excited to grab one owing to its Arius-like flipping action, 7 inch compact size, and m390 tactical wharncliffe blade.
These are my two lovely EDC, and I rarely carry my Higo X now.

zqv45aj

For urban carry in the UK, along with the Vic Classic on my keyring, it’s either the Spyderco UKPK [S110V] or the Manly Wasp [S90V]. Otherwise there are just so many to choose from. The Fällkniven PXL-WH gets a lot of use. :thumbsup:

That’s what you need when the shit hits the fan.

Or when you want to write a quick letter while you are.....shall I say....busy? If you don't like that draft just flush it.

For me, and my daily tasks it has to be the BM Bugout.

All my other more expensive and less expensive folders have been collecting dust ever since I got my Bugout back when it was released. I try to carry others everyday in my office environment and somehow I just always go back to the Bugout.

Back