Overused and/or trite words of the Knife World

Not "bonding" with a knife or other such object. Example: "I have xxxxxx for sale. It's a really great yyyyy but I just haven't bonded with it/am not bonding with it." It could more people good if you actually could articulate why you don't like it. It's not too bad here but I see it used to sell a lot of very different items.

Also as someone mentioned, "Sebbie" or "Spydie" or any derivation like that. It goes into firearms and accessories also like, "Winny", "Remmy". "Leupy", etc. I now it's a small thing but it really get to me.

If you use the term "Grail"...

images

Nothing grates on me more than reading about how everybody and his dog gets their blades "shaving sharp." WTF? (Wow, That's Fantastic).

I shave every morning using a VERY nice Japanese handle and Russian blades with Italian soap. The thought of whipping a knife out of my pocket and shaving with it is just absurd. If someone MEANS that their knife will cut the hair off their arm, then SAY it. If they're saying that they shave with their knife, then I'm calling shenanigans.

I'm getting kind of tired of hearing about "this little guy," "this VERY interesting little guy," and how everything is a "beautiful thing." I've even heard him say "this big little guy," which makes no sense.

If you only had “one knife”. WTH ?

Is there a knife per person law I’m not aware of? And be it not possible...but, are there actually people who want only one knife?

We used to joke about Virginia's one handgun per month purchase limit. "Sorry, Honey, I have to go the gun show and buy another handgun. It's the law. One a month."

I could do without "steeltype".

And then have people extrapolate on which amazing "steeltypes" will do all the difference.

Unobtainium.

Jim

Very rare. Usually used by makers who suddenly disappear 2 years after you have paid a substantial deposit.

If anyone wants in on the ground floor of the next wave in knife-making, I'm working on a new project involving Scrapbinium alloy. It involves top-level Chinese aerospace metallurgy companies and Bangladesh ship-breaking facilities. We're all set to make initial production runs of 10,000 pieces per month in state-of-the-art facilities in Pakistan.

Hopefully I can pay F&F ! Sounds to good to pass.

Example: My example is blah blah blah

Fitment: Doesn't mean what you think it means. Try "Fit" instead even though it doesn't sound as fancy.

Hot spots: Made a small piece of furniture with my 3" folder, lots of hot spots on my hand...

Back