• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

PachaasPaisaa=Liar at best (banned), Anand Moses amose001@ucr.edu,amoses007@gmail.com

The Smell of fish...
Heads-up BF Members. Something very fishy smelling with my attempt to purchase a Spyderco Military in S90V from PachaasPaisaa, aka Anand Moses, and fresh off the press... today his email is labeled "Andy The Kid" instead of "Adnand Moses". The email I have is amoses007@gmail.com and his paypal is amose001@ucr.edu.

So he's associated with the University of California Riverside in some manner. Student? Employee?

My BS filters are pretty good after being a forumite since 2002 (previous username rdangerer). My BS radar is pegged out regarding PachaasPaisaa, aka Anand Moses, aka "Andy The Kid".

Anand Moses, sent me an envelope from Riverside CA post office from a self service mail kiosk. There was no Spyderco Military S90V knife inside, and the package was perfectly flat when it arrived in Texas (it didn't contain a knife for very long, if ever). Either Anand did not send a knife, or someone at the local post office carefully sliced open the package, carefully resealed it with clear tape, and then MAILED it to me. In my experience, thieves rarely pilfer and then carefully reseal and send the packages to recipients. I hope there was a camera aimed at the self service area in the Riverside, CA post office he used.

Anand's emails and this original post regarding a drunk driver, his car, an accident, and a need for cash all sounded suspicious all the way, and his email response was one of great overcompensation.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784845

When I suggested I'd file a claim with US Postal Service, he said he'd send me a money order for $260 and file the claim himself. That was last Monday, November 1.

Anand's emails to me then became profane, and sure enough, today, Tuesday November 9 there is no sign of a money order, so I'm going to file a claim with the US Postal Service.

Looking back, his whole story about a "drunk driver hitting his car" and his needing repairs was desperate and overcompensating, set off my BS filters, and yet I went through with transaction via Paypal anyway. Will trust my instincts more in future.

This may well turn out ok if a money order shows up, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll update this thread as things progress, and if I happen to receive a money order from Mr. Moses, I'll post the details here with honesty and contrition.

And as things progress, and if he fails to return my $260, I'll post the string of email exchanges between the two of us.

Last edited:
^^^^^

if you look at that last thread you would see that i made a mistake on MY part and rectified the situation accordingly.

furthermore, ive dealt with numerous members on here with NO problems in shipping, receiving or liking the knife/knives I have sent.

that is all i will say on this matter.

you need to address, either publicly or privately, the fact that rob received an empty envelope after paying you $260.

this after the last fiasco when a seller shipped a knife in an envelope instead of a box.

^^^^^

if you look at that last thread you would see that i made a mistake on MY part and rectified the situation accordingly.

furthermore, ive dealt with numerous members on here with NO problems in shipping, receiving or liking the knife/knives I have sent.

that is all i will say on this matter.

How about saying if you really mailed the guy a refund? If you thought coming to this thread, and posting what you did, would somehow make you look better... you're way off base. It makes you look worse, and guilty as hell.

Yeah I said WTF when I saw him selling the 2 S90V Millies on the 24th to pay for "car damages" from a drunk driver.

But then on the 27th he tried to buy this Micarta Seb but missed it. And then he posted a WTB Sebenza thread.

I guess the car wasn't in that bad of shape?

both of these are gone!

thanks guys

one sold to P40_WARHAWK

one sold to Rob_Angerer!

great! Thank you guys so much for helping me out with fixing my car! God damn drunk drivers!

(( inappropriate ))

Well,

Title says it all. I would like to buy a plain, NIB sebenza with blue lugs. I am trying to avoid getting one that says "idaho made" because i just dont like the placement at all, very messy.

Must have early lockup, centered blade and be NIB.

I figured i could buy one off knives ship free, but i would like to be able to give my dinero to a fellow forum member, and give them peace of mind that the knife is going to a good home.

anyways, please let me know via PM, and please include pictures. I will paypal money the very next day if it is what i like

you need to address, either publicly or privately, the fact that rob received an empty envelope after paying you $260.

this after the last fiasco when a seller shipped a knife in an envelope instead of a box.

i will address it in public because i have no issue to hide

the package was shipped with 1/2 spyderco militaries in my possession in s90v with carbon fiber. The knife was NIB just like the other one which was sent to p40_warhawk and was received as it should be.

the other did not make it to its destination. Do not know what happened to it. However, I did email the shipping receipt from the self service machine along with the tracking slip as soon as it was shipped. The weight very clearly says 6.60 ounces going to Port Arthur, Texas. I packed in it the envelope - thick mailer from USPS, sealed it and shipped it, and I know this to be true because my receipt backs up what I am saying.

HOWEVER, when i tracked it almost 2 days after leaving my post office it was in Ohio, then went to Texas. I thought this was shifty and informed Mr. Angerer via email that I would proceed to monitor this and if necessary, contact my post office about a missing/lost item (i recently had a Karambit destined for Grapevine, TX end up in Honolulu so i was prepared for another incident like this)

however, after tracking the knife after about 4 days it said it was in the north houston area (at least it was in Texas) so i figured everything was good to go. I saw it change status to delivered, then i received the email from Mr. Angerer stating that there was no knife in the envelope.

I SHIPPED THE PACKAGE INSURED FOR THE FULL VALUE OF THE TRANSACTION. If it does not reach its destination, that is what the purpose of insuring it is for. I made sure every loose end on my end was taken care of, from providing the tracking and shipping receipts, to addressing every one of my buyers emails, no matter how accusatory or rude they may have been.

I did in fact, tell Mr. Angerer that I sent him a money order, which I did indeed lie about. I had it ready to go from my bank, but then decided that there is no real reason why i should compensate him for a lost knife that was insured for such an unforseen circumstance.

If i had not sent the package insured, his problem would be valid and I would be at fault for a very faulty transaction. However, I sent the package insured because in the past (my first transaction on BF) i had a Hinderer 3.5 inch XM-18 stolen in the mail and did not insure it....what did i do? I send a BRAND NEW knife to the buyer the very next day, no b.s involved. But now i will not do that, because my responsibilities as a merchant have been taken care of, and I am not responsible for lost articles in the mail

ESPECIALLY WHEN I INSURED THEM FOR THE FULL VALUE OF THE TRANSACTION....THATS THE POINT.

Yeah I said WTF when I saw him selling the 2 S90V Millies on the 24th to pay for "car damages" from a drunk driver.

But then on the 27th he tried to buy this Micarta Seb but missed it. And then he posted a WTB Sebenza thread.

I guess the car wasn't in that bad of shape?

sorry man, but WHERE I get my funds, WHAT I'm buying and WHEN I'm buying it is none of your damn business what so ever.

you are not my financial planner, accountant or significant other, so it should not bother you NOR pertain to you where i acquire my funds from

ESPECIALLY when i have NEVER had any form of interaction with you, business transaction or otherwise.

has it ever occured to you that i have a job, that pays me, so i can afford my hobbies?

How about saying if you really mailed the guy a refund? If you thought coming to this thread, and posting what you did, would somehow make you look better... you're way off base. It makes you look worse, and guilty as hell.

i'm sorry, but were you involved in this transaction in any way?

if not, please dont comment because you have very little idea what is actually going on.

if you read my response you will see that i addressed the issue of the money order I told him i would send.

i will address it in public because i have no issue to hide

the package was shipped with 1/2 spyderco militaries in my possession in s90v with carbon fiber. The knife was NIB just like the other one which was sent to p40_warhawk and was received as it should be.

the other did not make it to its destination. Do not know what happened to it. However, I did email the shipping receipt from the self service machine along with the tracking slip as soon as it was shipped. The weight very clearly says 6.60 ounces going to Port Arthur, Texas. I packed in it the envelope - thick mailer from USPS, sealed it and shipped it, and I know this to be true because my receipt backs up what I am saying.

HOWEVER, when i tracked it almost 2 days after leaving my post office it was in Ohio, then went to Texas. I thought this was shifty and informed Mr. Angerer via email that I would proceed to monitor this and if necessary, contact my post office about a missing/lost item (i recently had a Karambit destined for Grapevine, TX end up in Honolulu so i was prepared for another incident like this)

however, after tracking the knife after about 4 days it said it was in the north houston area (at least it was in Texas) so i figured everything was good to go. I saw it change status to delivered, then i received the email from Mr. Angerer stating that there was no knife in the envelope.

I SHIPPED THE PACKAGE INSURED FOR THE FULL VALUE OF THE TRANSACTION. If it does not reach its destination, that is what the purpose of insuring it is for. I made sure every loose end on my end was taken care of, from providing the tracking and shipping receipts, to addressing every one of my buyers emails, no matter how accusatory or rude they may have been.

I did in fact, tell Mr. Angerer that I sent him a money order, which I did indeed lie about. I had it ready to go from my bank, but then decided that there is no real reason why i should compensate him for a lost knife that was insured for such an unforseen circumstance.

If i had not sent the package insured, his problem would be valid and I would be at fault for a very faulty transaction. However, I sent the package insured because in the past (my first transaction on BF) i had a Hinderer 3.5 inch XM-18 stolen in the mail and did not insure it....what did i do? I send a BRAND NEW knife to the buyer the very next day, no b.s involved. But now i will not do that, because my responsibilities as a merchant have been taken care of, and I am not responsible for lost articles in the mail

ESPECIALLY WHEN I INSURED THEM FOR THE FULL VALUE OF THE TRANSACTION....THATS THE POINT.

you are responsible.

you need to file the insurance claim and see that rob is refunded.

you can wait for the refund, cash it, and then send rob his money. but that could take several weeks.

you should send him the mo, then you will be even when the claim is paid.

The only thing I wonder about is the likelihood that the buyer will recover what he paid through insurance. Can the postal service argue that the package did not adequately secure the contents? Me personally I'd rather hand the package directly to the guys behind the counter at the post office. Last time I used the self service for certified mail it took 4 weeks from Texas to a California PO box. Then again not everyone can make it during the business hours.

sorry man, but WHERE I get my funds, WHAT I'm buying and WHEN I'm buying it is none of your damn business what so ever.

you are not my financial planner, accountant or significant other, so it should not bother you NOR pertain to you where i acquire my funds from

ESPECIALLY when i have NEVER had any form of interaction with you, business transaction or otherwise.

has it ever occured to you that i have a job, that pays me, so i can afford my hobbies?

well, yes and no.

its nobodies business what you do with your money, until you post something that specifically calls in to question your credibility.

since you attempted to play on our sympathies to sell your spydercos, it is relevant that you are spending money on things other than your vehicle repairs.

rob's motivations in purchasing your knife are irrelevant to the matter of a refund, but it is possible he did so partially out of sympathy for your situation.

so we are led to believe that the dui driver story is fabricated or exaggerated.

now we know you lied to him about sending the money order.

we operate here almost entirely on trust and reputation. yours is not looking so good.

You are in violation of good sense, the clear meaning of the word insurance, and Bladeforums rules.

Rob sent you money for a knife, not an assurance that you would package a knife up and mail it, but to get it to him. You either owe him the money he paid you or a new knife that matches what he paid you for.

Insurance covers the seller's loss if the item goes astray. You refund the buyer and deal with the Postal Service to get your money back from them. That's what insurance means, that if they don't deliver as you paid them to, they will reimburse your loss.

Rules for the Exchange forums - COMPLETELY REVISED, 10/30/2010
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=746&a=98

SECTION 2 - Rules for Selling / Trading / Offering Services:
Use common sense - Be 100% sure you are ready to go before you do anything. This means:

2.1.6. Ship the items with proper packaging, with insurance (delivery confirmation / signature requirement isn't a bad idea either). You assume the risk if the package doesn't arrive or is damaged in transit, unless agreed otherwise by the buyer.​

this idea was never even suggested.

honestly, if i was trying to scam anyone, i would completely break off communication and just say 'f*&( off'

ive send about 40 emails back and forth between mr. angerer and myself, and not once was this even suggested.

however, Rob also has the ability to file an insurance claim with the USPS based on everything I have sent, but instead

he decides ite better to accuse me of mail fraud, insurance fraud, and violating trans-border shipping regulations? Also he procedes later in his string of emails to become more accusatory implying i "blow" my money on drugs, and that I'm some kind of shady "middle eastern" guy based on my name? Inappropriate and upsetting to say the least, ESPECIALLY when i have been in CONSTANT contact with him with regards to this issue

how would you react? I've had the EXACT same issue happen once before, and I gladly went out of my way to replace the lost item (which is worth 2x the cost of this) within 24 hours. I mistakenly sent a package to the wrong person, and the real buyer didnt get his package...what did i do? Returned the money 110% intact with no problem.

I also had an SMF nicked out of the mail which was also insured. What did my buyer do? Asked me to send all invoices and receipts of the knife puchase including original purchase and shipping receipts which i GLADLY OBLIGED - and then HE filed the insurance claim.

my track record stands. the only thing i have ever been accused of is backing out of a deal and that was justified on my own grounds. Furthermore, the item that i backed out on was SO RARE i have NO DOUBT in my mind that the seller found a replacement buyer here, or most definitely on another forum...it was a hinderer bowie for gods sake EVERYONE wants one of those.

the onus is not on him to file the claim, it is on you.

he paid, you got the money. he didn't get his knife.

its your reponsibility to see he is made whole, regardless of what another buyer was willing to do regarding the claim.

and how i would react is also of no relevance. but since you ask, if i had allowed the communication to decline to the point of personal insult, i would refund him, never do business with him again, and put him on ingore.

however, Rob also has the ability to file an insurance claim with the USPS based on everything I have sent,

Wrong. Insurance covers the seller, not the buyer. It is your responsibility to file for the insurance money, not Rob's.

I also had an SMF nicked out of the mail which was also insured. What did my buyer do? Asked me to send all invoices and receipts of the knife puchase including original purchase and shipping receipts which i GLADLY OBLIGED - and then HE filed the insurance claim.

Of course you gladly obliged. He did your work for you. The seller files, not the buyer.

After all your double-talk in this thread, I don't even believe your story about the buyer filing for the insurance.

Wrong. Insurance covers the seller, not the buyer. It is your responsibility to file for the insurance money, not Rob's.

Of course you gladly obliged. He did your work for you. The seller files, not the buyer.

After all your double-talk in this thread, I don't even believe your story about the buyer filing for the insurance.

so thats why i called him today to see what the status was?

once again, do you know anything about the transaction other than what i stated in my response? No.

then how can you pass judgment on that?

well if thats the bladeforums rules then i will gladly abide by them

if mr angerer would like to come on here and set up some type of thing in public to make sure he gets his money and i get my packaging to deal with the insurance claim that is fine

i'm more than willing to send 160.00 in money order form and send the 100.00 once i get my packaging. I need to have some assurance on my end as well, otherwise im out 260.00 and a knife.

if this is agreeable then i guess there really isnt an issue at hand.

sounds fair to me.

and eb almost certainly posted as your were making the above offer.

Back