Pacific Salt Deep Carry Clip?

Hi everyone,
New to the forum; tried searching but didn't see anything specific...Does anyone know if there's anybody out there who makes a deep carry pocket clip for the Pacific Salt? The Square single hole mount is drastically different than the typical three screw design on my Endura and I can't believe I'm the only one out there looking for a deep carry clip on a pacific salt!

Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Not the only one... anymore. Haha.

I'm torn on this a bit. I like a deep carry pocket clip. That said, on the salt folders that have the clip you mention, I really appreciate being able to tighten the clip way down because with what I do with the salt knives, I need them staying put no matter what. I don't feel I can achieve that level of retention with most deep carry pocket clips. It would take quite a feet from spyderco to give me a deep carry clip that performs better than what they already use on the bigger salts.

Not aware of any for the older style on Pacific Salt. Not as big an issue for though. There are two reasons for me wanting a deep carry pocket clip. First, for better pocket retention with shorter handles. For models with 2.5”-3” blades or shorter AND a lanyard hole above the clip mount, I feel too much of the handle sticks out and could catch on a corner or edge and come out unnoticed. A longer handle model has much more knife in the pocket to resist that pull.

Second, I prefer not advertising I have a knife in my pocket. Some social gatherings can be awkward with a big yellow handle sticking up. But the Salt models make it easy to dye the exposed tip with a darker color that is far more subdued. I chose Denim Blue and you can hardly tell I have a knife clipped.

After dyeing my Pacific Salt tip I am totally happy with the original clip. Subdued and secure. The Salt 2 was also dyed and very unnoticeable, but it still feels a bit top heavy and I may still get a deep carry clip for it.

N NWPilgrim , I just carry my Salt 2 loose in the pocket. The pacific Salt, on the other hand, would be nice to have a deep carry option for the reasons you mentioned. I have some rit dye, but I actually kind of like the yellow, believe it or not. I think my Pac Salt will end up in the cargo pocket hidden by the flap...

I'd love to see how yours came out after the dye job though! :thumbsup:

craytab craytab , I've found deep carry clips can usually be bent prior to installation to increase or decrease their retention as desired.

I think it looks great. You're not done, though, are you? :D I could see myself wanting to have the blue creep at least halfway up the handle. I might even do something like that myself.

I actually wanted to keep as much yellow as possible for visibility when I am using it outdoors. I lost an all black Griptillian some years ago so high viz is good. I just wanted to mute the portion visible when clipped in my jeans pocket.

That would like cool though to extend the gradient the full length. I like the green hues transitions. Full length the transition bands would be broader and I could get more gradients displayed.

You give me an idea though. I could retain the high viz but still dye the other end in orange or something. I might try that! So long as it does not turn into a rainbow theme. Something more along the lines of Fire and Ice look.

Last edited:
Back