Pacific vs. Green Beret - just a picture

Just a picture to compare two great blades: Pacific vs. Green Beret

pacificvsgb7ach4.jpg

And both also vs. H-Class Tanto (it's just a Bill's knife, not regular CRK)

pacificgb7hclassauf7.jpg

I really like the look of these knives but I read a bad review on the green beret :(

Well, there is always someone, who can't maybe understand the principals of this project. Anyway, I've seen some bad reviews also about 1911 in .45 ACP but it seems to serve many countries quite well, right? :D

I really like the look of these knives but I read a bad review on the green beret :(

Since there seems to be only one bad review of that knife floating around, I can guess who put it out :rolleyes:

i wouldn't put too much faith in that particular review.

cliff was generally thought of as obtuse and thick headed. personally, i normally had no idea what the heck he was talking about. obscure references about ductility don't mean all that much to me when it comes to a knife's usefulness.

i find noss4's tests more informative than any of cliffs writings.

i wouldn't put too much faith in that particular review.

cliff was generally thought of as obtuse and thick headed. personally, i normally had no idea what the heck he was talking about. obscure references about ductility don't mean all that much to me when it comes to a knife's usefulness.

i find noss4's tests more informative than any of cliffs writings.

I agree with Mark on this one. Also I have been using CRK's for many, many years now. I never ever had one fail me yet. Whether it's a hollow handle design or one from the Green Beret line knives. These knives are meant for hard use. A lot of mine had received that easily. On there worst day they just needed to be cleaned up, resharpened well or sent in for an overhaul. But then again I use my knives like knives, not to smash through cider blocks with. If I have to baton a knife I use a wooden stick, not a 5lb. hammer. I use the right tool for the right job.
I plan, hopefully to get out and really use one of my new Pacific's this summer. I love the design of it, falls in perfect between the 7" and the 5.5" :thumbup:

Jules

CRKSV30017.jpg

There both tremendous blades, iv been rocking the pacific of late and its just so nice to use ! i cant think of one complaint worth mentioning about it.
The GB is a great knife as well, that review defo. seems overly critical to me.

Since there seems to be only one bad review of that knife floating around, I can guess who put it out :rolleyes:

Well, 4 years later, there are still not a lot of reviews on youtube. I find this rather weird.

However, I bought the Pacific, too. I have to say it is a lot more comfortable in the hand than the GB. Even though the GB is supposed to be better for prying.

If I have to baton a knife I use a wooden stick, not a 5lb.

So you did baton with it? I just recently bought mine and not quite sure what I can throw at it. I mean … I DO have a hatchet. But knowing I don't need that extra 8 lbs. but just use the knife … that would be amazing.

(Already asked CRK. They said you CAN baton with it, however, it is a knife and meant to be used as such. In other words: don't baton :-D )

Clearly the steel selected was not intended for optimal toughness/resistance to abuse. It is currently s35vn, and that is a steel chosen primarily for wear and corrosion resistance. Its not a bad steel, but it classifies this blade as, and I know this may come as a shock to some of you, a cutting tool. What should you use it for? My best guess would be to cut stuff. ;)

While Cliff is a stubbon and often abrasive character, he does publish some of the most thorough and scientific reviews of blades though. I find refutations to scientifc arguments based on a person's character to lack substance and merit. This is not to say that I broadly agree with Cliff, but if you were to disagree with his review of this knife pointing out specific instances would be more useful to other users than simply stating the obvious fact that he is obnoxious.

Also to update the review link:
http://www.cliffstamp.com/knives/reviews/green_beret.html

Also knife test noss has a destruction test of this knife on youtube.

Also to update the review link:
http://www.cliffstamp.com/knives/reviews/green_beret.html

Also knife test noss has a destruction test of this knife on youtube.

thx man. that was 'the straw' and i just returned the knife.
YES, fit and finish are out of this world.
YES, you do get a supernice, versitile sheath.
YES, it is egonomic in several grips.

but what good is that if you can't to jack with it? not even tasks that would be easy on the blade (scraping or carving) can be done due to a totally useless serration.

i have to admit: i got big eyes when i got it ... but i had second thoughts reaaally quick.

guess i'm going for a waaay less fancy A1 now.
hehe ... even the name is boring :)

thx again mate.

thx man. that was 'the straw' and i just returned the knife.
YES, fit and finish are out of this world.
YES, you do get a supernice, versitile sheath.
YES, it is egonomic in several grips.

but what good is that if you can't to jack with it? not even tasks that would be easy on the blade (scraping or carving) can be done due to a totally useless serration.

i have to admit: i got big eyes when i got it ... but i had second thoughts reaaally quick.

guess i'm going for a waaay less fancy A1 now.
hehe ... even the name is boring :)

thx again mate.

So,you return it (Pacific) and what you get?

P.S. I know,I know its a 2012 thread.....;)

I much prefer the Pacific. Though the 5.5 GB was pretty sweet. I just wish they offered it in a Non-Serrated version as for me and wanting to used it out in the field, the serrations take away from the most useful part of the blade. The choil allows you to choke up on it which is great.

I much prefer the Pacific. Though the 5.5 GB was pretty sweet. I just wish they offered it in a Non-Serrated version as for me and wanting to used it out in the field, the serrations take away from the most useful part of the blade. The choil allows you to choke up on it which is great.

I'm also prefer more Non-Serrated version,I definitely would like to have some day a Neil Roberts Warrior version,beautiful knife:
How about Nkonka Fixed Blade ?

Back