• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Paddle Strops

NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Two sided paddle strops (flesh/fuzzy side up both sides). If you're located outside the U.S. please contact for quote, will ship within 48hrs of payment via USPS first class and tracking will be provided.

Used some very nice 8/9oz veg tanned leather, it has a nice dense yet buttery smooth feel that takes pretty much any bar type compound well (one side is branded fine and the other side coarse). Handles are made from nice clean pieces of poplar that are ripped, cut to length, handle is traced then cut, routed and then sanded using multiple grits finishing with 400. The stropping area each side is made perfectly flat by first marking with pencil and then hand sanding on a 15"x15" piece of float glass using a 3m PSA backed abrasive film. Leather and wood are cleaned, scored and then attached with contact cement. Handle is drilled, flared and a black piece of 550 paracord has been added with an end cap, can can be removed and the lanyard shortened in needed. To clean I recommend using a large pink school eraser, just scrub till clean and reapply compound as needed.

Strop dimensions: O.A.L is approximately 12", width is 2", stropping area each side is approximately 7" x 2".

I have quite a few on hand, Asking $28ea shipped or two for $50 shipped within the United States. If you'd like compound just let me know, I have black/white/green/red bars for $2.50ea

kRq94CAh.jpg

MdRpEQXh.jpg

ajl57MPh.jpg

JbxV9Coh.jpg

Each bar is approx. 1.2-1.5oz
jazbqX9h.jpg

Last edited:
Back