Paid Membership

So if I read right, theres not really anything I can do in the market threads aside from do my own giveaways right?

I cant buy sell or trade, cant "claim" in pay it forward, cant post in giveaways? I'm doing this all on smartphone so hard to read .

A membership is well worth it, so do consider it
But you can buy, trade(but not place trade ads) and put want ads(others will not show to you) in the exchange without a paid membership

Last edited:
You can buy. You can enter into trades with others by responding to their ads. As far as giveaways and pay it forward type threads, those depend on the rules of the particular thread - not all are restricted to paid members.

So if I read right, theres not really anything I can do in the market threads aside from do my own giveaways right?

I cant buy sell or trade, cant "claim" in pay it forward, cant post in giveaways? I'm doing this all on smartphone so hard to read .

You can purchase knives without a membership. You'll just have to give them your email so you can communicate outside of the forums.

If you want to sell or take part in a giveaway, yes you will have to pay for a membership. This is a very large site, so without the rules you can probably imagine the amount of people that would join or make multiple accounts simply for free stuff or to scam.

I'm currently paying for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video/Music, and Audible. That's about the same money per month as my yearly membership here and I probably spend more time on here than I do using those services. The paid memberships here are a bargain. Just take the plunge.

A full definition of the membership levels and what they can and cannot do is found here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

as a registered member,
  • You can buy
  • You can participate in somebody else's trade thread.
  • You cannot start your own trade thread.
  • Depending on the rules of the individual give-away, you may be able to enter. The rules vary depending on the individual giving away the item.
  • You cannot sell.
Just a heads up, some folks don't like to sell or trade with non-paying members. That's not a rule, just their personal preference. Some folks think that lowers the risk of a bum deal.

My best advice is to enter into the discussions, and see if the site works for you. If you think it does, buy a membership if you want. BladeForums is a lot more than just the sales exchanges.

A membership is well worth it, so do consider it
But you can buy, trade(but not place trade ads) and put want ads(others will not show to you) in the exchange without a paid membership

You can buy. You can enter into trades with others by responding to their ads. As far as giveaways and pay it forward type threads, those depend on the rules of the particular thread - not all are restricted to paid members.

You can purchase knives without a membership. You'll just have to give them your email so you can communicate outside of the forums.

If you want to sell or take part in a giveaway, yes you will have to pay for a membership. This is a very large site, so without the rules you can probably imagine the amount of people that would join or make multiple accounts simply for free stuff or to scam.

I'm currently paying for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video/Music, and Audible. That's about the same money per month as my yearly membership here and I probably spend more time on here than I do using those services. The paid memberships here are a bargain. Just take the plunge.

A full definition of the membership levels and what they can and cannot do is found here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

as a registered member,
  • You can buy
  • You can participate in somebody else's trade thread.
  • You cannot start your own trade thread.
  • Depending on the rules of the individual give-away, you may be able to enter. The rules vary depending on the individual giving away the item.
  • You cannot sell.
Just a heads up, some folks don't like to sell or trade with non-paying members. That's not a rule, just their personal preference. Some folks think that lowers the risk of a bum deal.

My best advice is to enter into the discussions, and see if the site works for you. If you think it does, buy a membership if you want. BladeForums is a lot more than just the sales exchanges.

I totally understand the requirement for a membership, I judt wanted to make sure that's what I was thinking.

So theres no way I could still sell my knife here so I'd have money to buy membership? I'm unable to work full time so every bit of my money goes to Bills and such

No, you cannot sell here without a minimum of Gold membership ($30/yr)

You can also sell other stuff in Gadgets and Gear that is not knife related. I see clothes, watches, guns and all kinds of other things sold there.

Back