1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Para 2/3 milled clips are in the works!

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Aug 24, 2019.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Just got the sample in, can't wait to do a run of these in the next 2 weeks or so!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Yes! That’s a damn fine looking clip. Smooth, snag free, and machined very nicely. That’d be a huge upgrade for any PM2 or Para3

3. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    Love this!! You are on fire!!
    Great job!

4. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Where do I sign up for one ?????

91bravo and Fullflat like this.
  5. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Looks great! how's the springiness? I'm Diggin that acid stone wash blade finish too!

woodysone, 91bravo and Fullflat like this.
  6. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I like the design ... it looks good ... but the only Spyderco I actually carry is my Manix IIs and my Native G10 ... I might start carrying a Military as someone was good enough to send me one to try before I bought one ... so maybe I'll need one sometime ? :thumbsup:

it's just the tip down only that has kept a Military out of my personal knives ... but I am going to give one a try at least ... a friend I met on the forums ... @91bravo was kind enough to send me his M4 Military ... tempting me with one of my favorite steels in Spyderco knives.

7. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    No sign ups... they will be released through a couple online retailers in the near future. When that happens I'll make an announcement :)

it's a really good balance of springiness and pocket retention as well as being low profile. I'm excited about it!

Dude.... you should know well enough by now that if you need a pocket clip moved so you can carry that military to tip up I can knock that out for ya :)

yeah I'm not sure what hole pattern the manix 2/native have. At some point in the near future I'll also make a similar clip for the paysan/nirvana so between those 2 holes these clips should fit a bunch of models.

8. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    well I have stayed away from the Military because of a bad experience with tip down carry ...

but I have to admit this M4 Millie that 91bravo sent me is pretty sweet ... love the blade and I lean towards the bigger knives ...

hopefully I can use it tomorrow and see what it's like ... but between the M4 and the size it's a damn fine knife!

If I can't get past the tip down carry I may take you up on the clip switch ... that might make the Millie kick a Hinderer out of my pocket now and then.

9. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    ok the official order has started, product is ordered and on the way to the machine shop! excited about this for sure. I hope it opens up a lot of doors to make other custom clips on popular knives, including hinderers :)

if anyone knows what other spyderco knives have the same hole pattern, please post it up here for me!

[​IMG]

10. fewpop

fewpop Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Great stuff Josh! I expect the volume of demand for the 3 hole clips would likely be much more than the demand for some other Spyderco clips, but I sure would like to have one of your clips for my Spyderco Drunken if you ever decide to offer that option. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ps - the edges you put on my large CRK Insingo & my Slysz Bowie were stellar...no surprise to those of us that know your work.

11. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Looking sweet!
    Manix2, Para3, Gayle Bradley 1/2, Native Chief*, Delica*, Endura*, Endela*, Stretch*, Domino, Dice, Lum Tanto, Navaja, Vollaton, Lil' Vollaton, Szabo
    *=will block lanyard hole
    **I'm not 100% sure of the length of screws needed for the above list. With some aftermarket clips, I can't use them because the new clip is thicker and the screws won't bite.
    I'm sure there are more.

12. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Dang that's perfect dude thank you for that list!!

woodysone, Fullflat and ScooterG like this.
  13. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    You bet. Add on the Police 4*. Will also fit the Shaman if the user is ok with only using two screws and covering the lanyard hole.

14. blueboost

blueboost Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Those look excellent, nice attention to detail w/ bevelled screw holes, etc..

Fullflat and razor-edge-knives like this.
  15. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    blueboost and Fullflat like this.