Para 2/3 scales

Who makes the best G10 or Micarta scales for the PM 2 and Para 3 that you can use with a Lynch Clip? The ones I keep seeing are all built for the stock clip it looks like. Thanks

There are lots of craftsmen. Let me answer a question you didn’t ask. The lynch clip (and mxg) use the standard Spyderco hole pattern. Those aftermarket clips, as well as the Spyderco clips, work in all of the scales you have been seeing. They work in the stock scales as well.

I guess I wasn’t meaning the hole pattern, they just looked like they were depressed into the G10 to fit the rounded top of the clip. I wasn’t sure if the aftermarket clip would fit but maybe I need to keep looking at different ones. Which folks have you used that you liked?

I’d be interested in some canvas micarta scales for a Para 3 as well. I use the MXG deep carry clip.

Is there anyone specific who is making these at the moment?

Last edited:
I think I better understand your question. I think:confused:
I am guessing that you are referring to the Aramis 3D contoured scales? Yes they are beautiful. Because they are contoured, they are a bit wider than the original scales. As a result, there is a space that is milled out to accommodate the clip (making the area flat and not so deep the screws don’t engage the liner). I have seen pics of Lynch type clips on this knife. I have also heard you can request deep carry compatible but haven’t seen it.

As far as micarta, suingab does a great job. There are a bunch of others, but suingab allows for a bit of customization if you like (rather than straight cnc scales).
Will try to post pics later if I can find some.

I’d love to some some pics if ya got any. Thanks

1Jmb2Et.jpg

xvxzdoo.jpg

Back