Para 2 CF S90V

No disrespect to any of my brothers and sisters :( but it is indeed a great combination! :)

Reeek, if you insist on posting that you have two of these right below guys who haven't even found one, the P2 won't be the only bomb in your life. :) ;) :eek: It is definitely a home run, but so were the two preceding S90V sprints. Great stuff. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

No disrespect to any of my brothers and sisters :( but it is indeed a great combination! :)

None taken, I have two of them as well and they are great knives, I agree with all your previous comments.

Regards,

Rich

Miine shipped yesterday from KC as well. I can hardly wait.
Whats funny is here in Canada we have a knife retailer that has a store in our local mall called "house of knifes" hugely inflated pricing. anyway I walked in the store today to look while waiting for my daughter and lo and behold there is the new Para2 CF S90. Wow, it looks and feels great. I didnt expect it to be so light. The lock was pretty stiff but im sure it will loosen up.
By the way it was for sale for a mere $299.99 :D

Now if KC will just send me my Lum CF Chinese I will be ecstatic. ;)

Man I have got to get on some kind of email list or crawl out from under my rock or something. Today 12.01.10 is the first time that I had heard of this knife ( yeah I know, get out from under the rock ) so I immediately went looking for one. I thought it would be a good companion for the s90cf military that I absolutly love. Needless to say these knives are gone. So congrats to all you guys who got one of these, and I want you to know not only am I envious but now I have to start trolling the dreaded ebay.

Wow, so I got mine today. Wow. I used it at work a bit, oh yeah its a user, and it was fantastic to open and close one handed. Very light for such a decent sized knife. I can never get over how awesome the jimping is on Spyderco knives and this one is no different. I look forward to seeing how long the factory edge will last.

Hi Guys,

We received our second batch of the Spyderco Para 2's with CF/S90V this morning.* If you are receiving this e-mail, it is because we have not yet received enough of this item to fill your pre-orders.* I spoke with our Spyderco sales rep this morning and she informed me that there is still a possibility we will be receiving more.* We also have some on order with our distributors; however, there are no guarantees.* We just wanted to give everyone an update as to the status in case some of you are still looking around.* We will leave you on our pre-order list unless we hear otherwise from you.* Please let us know if your interest changes.* We are very sorry for this inconvenience!
--
All the best,

Post Removed - My little temper tantrum should have never been posted in a discussion like this

Last edited:
Its really starting to piss me off seeing all the people that bought 3 or 4 just to turn around and make a quick $75-$100 per knife. I didn't hear about these until like the 10th of last month and I doubt that I got in on the preorder in time. I am one of the people that actually wanted one for daily carry and use and all these people care about is making fast cash off of die hard collectors. I think at $180-$190, these would be good buys, but to the guys selling them off at $250+......(( not acceptable - not improved by quoting it )) And if I offended any of you that did this.....good, that was my intention.

While I generally agree with you (about being generally annoyed with profiteering), I personally think you have a little growing up to do based on how you have just conducted yourself here. Comments like yours contribute nothing to this thread and are only inflammatory. Take your rant elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess by your standard Spyderco itself is even worse than those you're excoriating, since the Factory Store was selling them at $290 while dealers were selling them for $180. How shocking is that???

Its really starting to piss me off seeing all the people that bought 3 or 4 just to turn around and make a quick $75-$100 per knife. I didn't hear about these until like the 10th of last month and I doubt that I got in on the preorder in time. I am one of the people that actually wanted one for daily carry and use and all these people care about is making fast cash off of die hard collectors. I think at $180-$190, these would be good buys, but to the guys selling them off at $250+......(( not acceptable - not improved by quoting it )) And if I offended any of you that did this.....good, that was my intention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh, a couple more pages of this latest and it'll start to look like the 0551 thread.

I guess if we weren't so passionate we wouldn't be here. I will admit to some acquisitive anxiety over the S90 CF Para2 (due to not having my other Para, it having been lost in a recent burglary) but I at least was able to nip down to the sfo and calm the beast inside. So I can see both sides...

Mine should arrive tomorrow, and will be my EDC for the foreseeable future.

To those still looking... just have patience, and keep trying, you will eventually find a good deal on one. I've never been unable to acquire a knife I really want for a reasonable price. Even long discontinued, rare models.

While I generally agree with you (about being generally annoyed with profiteering), I personally think you have a little growing up to do based on how you have just conducted yourself here. Comments like yours contribute nothing to this thread and are only inflammatory. Take your rant elsewhere.

Come on, this guy is just venting about scalpers. Go on and tell me you never got mad at anyone and never said something while your blood was up that wasn't the most proper thing to say. It's part of human nature...

If you feel the need to chastise the guy for what he said, fine, it's your privilege as it's a free world and anyone ought to be able to speak their mind.
But in all honesty when you attack him personally, by calling him immature (when you tell him he needs to grow up, that's what you are saying...), you actually behaved worse than he did (as he didn't attack you personally. He didn't attack you at all). Never mind you telling him to leave this thread: correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this public forum is your personal property and therefore you telling this guy to get out of the thread is a very abusive behavior. I don't think it's right.
Nothing personal, just my $0.02.

Anyway, about what that guy said, I believe that Spyderco ought to put a limit of 2 knives per person on limited editions (say stuff that is less than 700-800 pieces), so that enthusiasts can have a better chance at getting their hands on one. It's very silly to have to do a mad sprint when any of these get out for preorder.

Last edited:
...when you attack him personally, by calling him immature (when you tell him he needs to grow up, that's what you are saying...), you actually behaved worse than he did (as he didn't attack you personally. Unless you are part of the group of individuals that bought extras for a quick profit...). Never mind you telling him to leave this thread: correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this public forum is your personal property and therefore you telling this guy to get out of this thread is a very abusive behavior. I don't think it's right.
Nothing personal, just my $0.02.

I respecfully dissagree with your premise, but frankly, this is not the place to continue this now is it? I do regret contributing to the downward spiral of this thread and I hope we can get it back on topic. I'm sure our Mods would like to not have to police language and content anymore -- so let's keep things to a discussion of these new knives...shall we? For my part, I will no longer be adding to this fire...

I respecfully dissagree with your premise, but frankly, this is not the place to continue this now is it? I do regret contributing to the downward spiral of this thread and I hope we can get it back on topic. I'm sure our Mods would like to not have to police language and content anymore -- so let's keep things to a discussion of these new knives...shall we? For my part, I will no longer be adding to this fire...

Absolutely!

I want to congratulate you for what you said as it's genuinely the best thing for this thread.

Well, in any case, I am one of those still pursuing the Para 2 S90V (yeah, I dozed off on this one, my fault. Now, every single day I check if there's any Spydie to be preordered...). I am almost at the point of pulling the trigger on a full price deal. But then $290 seems quite a lot...honestly, I don't know what to do.

Congrats on your Para2 S90V! I wish I was in your shoes...:)

I think half the problem is people are too impatient. And in the end it's just a knife.

With the Kershaw Volt, user pics had been up for a few weeks when the knife filtered down to some of the more regular retailers. I didn't flip out searching for one, even though it's the closest I've come to acquiring the perfect folder. One retailer with a pre-order page for the S90V Para 2 says they'll arrive mid December. That tells me that it's a few weeks yet before these things really get in circulation.

If you're willing to put down big bucks for a folder, consider ordering a custom knife instead of legitimizing the profiteers.

Back