Para 2 Sprint - Foliage Green w/ Elmax

Surprised there hasn't been a thread about this one yet. Received this email yesterday.

Attachments

• pm2.jpg
    pm2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 681
Elmax is good stuff, think of S30V with the ability to take a finer edge, increased corrosion resistance, and higher overall toughness. The toughness aspect doesn't really make much difference I wouldn't think in a folder like the P2, but it's cool nonetheless. :D

Elmax is good stuff, think of S30V with the ability to take a finer edge, increased corrosion resistance, and higher overall toughness. The toughness aspect doesn't really make much difference I wouldn't think in a folder like the P2, but it's cool nonetheless. :D

I don't have any Spyderco ELMAX, but have some ZT ELMAX. Not only does it take a finer edge (similar to VG-10), but it gets there quicker and easier. It is fine but still has good bite, I like it off the brown stones a lot. I actually do appreciate the extra toughness. I have had issues with S30V more than once. My first ZT's factory edge looked horrible after I cut some cardboard boxes, but hasn't chipped or rolled since. My second factory edge fared better, but I did re-profile it last night.

I would love some ELMAX with a Spydie hole!

I got that email as well. I'm pleased with my CTS 204p PM2 but not sure I'd go out of the way to get an elmax PM2 though.

I got that email as well. I'm pleased with my CTS 204p PM2 but not sure I'd go out of the way to get an elmax PM2 though.

My thoughts exactly. My PM2 is the 204P as well and I don't think foliage green and elmax will be enough to persuade me that I need a second. Nothing against elmax, it's a great steel and I enjoy using it in another knife. For the PM2 though, 204P more than satisfies my desires.

Apart the unfortunate choice of color, I may get one. I never tried ELMAX and like the PM2 platform. But maybe a set of aftermarket scales will do the trick...

I'm assuming this is a pic of one off Instagram:

10413144_674779092570528_1699498996_n.jpg

I'm confused - did the email come from Howe's or BBS? I didn't get anything from Howes, but I'm not on any BBS distro list.

I'm definitely interested in an Elmax PM2.

I wish Spyderco's exclusives page was updated:

http://www.spyderco.com/exclusives/

I like the look of this G10. Haven't had an elmax blade yet other than borrowing my brothers ZT knives here and there. Wonder how the heat treat is on it. Seems like that's important with this steel in particular.

I'm confused - did the email come from Howe's or BBS? I didn't get anything from Howes, but I'm not on any BBS distro list.

I'm definitely interested in an Elmax PM2.

I wish Spyderco's exclusives page was updated:

http://www.spyderco.com/exclusives/

Howes is a Club member and got some numbered ones in.
BBS will be selling all not going to Club members, and they will more than likely sell them at full retail.
Wish it was anyone other than them selling it.
I have all the PM 2's I need anyway, but will get one in Carbon Fiber it they ever make another with it.

Back