Para 2 Sprint - Foliage Green w/ Elmax

For a serial numbered version that's true I could see collectors going for those. No one seems to be grabbing up the non-numbered ones at $300 buy it now though.

Got mine today. Looks great and the green g-10 is a little lighter than the D2 PM1's g-10. It's a little stiffer/tighter than my other PM2s and has an overall better f&f than my others as well. IMO it's worth $199.95 but $12.80 for a $5.80 small flat rate priority shipping box sucks.

Got mine and loosened the pivot, oiled, worked it a few dozen times and tightened it back and threw it in the pocket. It came very sharp and I agree the fit/finish is a bit above most of my others.

G10 is barely distinguishable from the Grey so the Foliage is very subtle. I like it.

Just got home and mine was in the mailbox, this is my first satin blade pm2 as my first is the dlc with black g-10, pictures of all pm2's don't really do them justice in how awesome they look in person. I have to say I like the green more than I thought I would I thought it would be more od green. It's almost a grey.

Daggone - 10 pages of BBS hate. I thought this was a thread about the new PM2? Seems like a lot of the people griping the loudest are the flippers who are angry about BBS cutting into their profit-margin.

Mine should be here today - I'm excited. I've got every PM2 Sprint/Exclusive (except for that damn laminate - I wish I would have pulled the trigger when I saw the one I wanted on ebay, but hesitated and now they're all astronomical in price). All mine are users so this one will be the same. I thought the bundle was a bad idea, but I figured they'd cave and sell it separately (and they did).

$200 for a limited run Para-2 with Elmax steel (despite the Elmax hatred on here, it's a great steel and I've had no issues with any of mine - holds a sharper edge longer than S30V from most production manufacturers and is fairly easy to get a good edge back on) isn't terrible. Hell, the S35VN version was selling at a street price of what - $160-ish back in 2012?

EZ Bake,

My thoughts exactly... I just couldn't say it quite the way you did. I used my S90V Para II lightly until the prices went so high it became stupid and I never really cared for the blue or orange Para II. Nice steels but I just didn't warm the colors.

The Elmax will go right in my pocket when I get home and get used, immediately. I look at a lot of new knife designs from other companies every year and the Para II just fits the bill for everything I need in a pocket knife.

photo9_zpsd498882e.jpg

For a serial numbered version that's true I could see collectors going for those. No one seems to be grabbing up the non-numbered ones at $300 buy it now though.

...which is bass-ackwards, because generally the non-numbered knives sell faster and a little higher than the CC-numbered knives. It's sort of like having someone else's initials on your blade... :( The CC #s are specific to an individual CC subscription.

Got two in today - nicely centered, good grinds. Reminds me of the original Para sprint in CPM-D2. :thumbup:

3 Elmaxs on EBay right now. All of them are priced at $300+. The secondary market is already here. Recommend you get yours while u can from BBS before they sell out.
Thank you and I will think about it this summer.Hopefully there is another PM2 sprint/exclusive down the road or around the bend.Spyderco seems to drop some unexpected releases every year.Ride the wave and enjoy the ride.

Ez bake, I don't suppose you could post a comparison pic of the grey g10 and the foliage?

Sure thing:

Earth Tones/Neutrals (My CTS-204P is wearing some carbon fiber Gator Scales):
DSCN4431_zpsc2516472.jpg

Group Photo:
DSCN4436_zpsa8e36808.jpg

In the Sun:
DSCN4439_zpsb54687be.jpg

Can't afford real storage because of Sprint budget, so home-made storage:
DSCN4440_zps5dc57d21.jpg

DSCN4441_zps36b5d1bd.jpg

Actually, Imgur does a way better job than Photo Bucket of not reducing quality. Here's a better album:

http://imgur.com/a/uCXDV

Got mine in today, would agree with others. Knife was tight. Backed off the pivot screw just a bit and added a drop of oil. Excellent fit and finish. Definitely one of the sharpest out-of-the-box Para's I've had. All in all very nice. Thanks Spyderco and crew.

Back