Para 2 Sprint - Foliage Green w/ Elmax

On the Bento Box Shop website, the Blue M390 Paramilitary 2 says that its Temporarily Out of Stock. Does anyone know when they will be getting more?

Thanks,
ReallyNerd

On the Bento Box Shop website, the Blue M390 Paramilitary 2 says that its Temporarily Out of Stock. Does anyone know when they will be getting more?

Thanks,
ReallyNerd

BentoBoxShop said:
Spyderco Plain Edge M390 Blue G-10 Paramilitary 2 Bento Box Shop Exclusive
The production of this knife has been delayed and the ETA is to be determined. When this knife becomes available, we will announce it on our Facebook page.

I would be willing to bet we won't see them until 2015.

Yes it's overpriced. And BBS' $60 shipping to overseas is a bit of salt in the wound.
But I was late to the game and missed out on the XHP S90V 204P M390 Para 2's at initial retail prices.
I inquired several months ago if BBS would be offering International sales with the next lot of M390 Para 2's and they said they had no plans to do so. Who knows when they will turn up anyway.
I have only an S30V and S35VN version of the Para 2 and I seriously like them.
No I don't need yet another folding knife.
That it will only increase in value is moot, it will be carried and used and kept.
I don't have any G10 in that colour and it looks nice.
The only Elmax I have is a recently acquired 0561 so I don't have experience with it, but by most accounts it sounds like a good using blade steel.
I can buy it out of the work account and call it a tool.

On balance... yep, worth it to me, click buy now. Done.

XHP,S90v,204P, M390 deserve a higher price. But Elmax? It's in the same range PRICE and PERFORMANCE wise to S30v... Would have been $120 tops if it was a standard sprint. Look at the recent Cruwear Elmax BullBS charges $230 while a place like KnifeWorks had it up for $125 today. Free market yeah yeah yeah, but the price difference is atrocious. BBS is in the business of ripping people off and the only way they stay afloat is through exclusives.

Not gonna fall for it...Elmax PM2 for $200?(They wanted $300 for it at first). That's why almost two months in and it still isn't sold out. People are learning. Not all though... Vote with your wallets people, it's not worth it and they will continue to hog exclusives if YOU KEEP BUYING THEM.

S90v Military for $260 plus tax plus shipping plus insurance STILL SITIING IN THEIR SHELVES. Good job folks.

Free market yeah yeah yeah, but the price difference is atrocious. BBS is in the business of ripping people off and the only way they stay afloat is through exclusives.

The Cruwear Manix 2's have run from about $130 to about $165 but even at $165 they are sold out. The only place you can buy one and be sure of getting it is from BBS, or maybe Spyderco directly. I tried to preorder the Cruwear Military at a decent price and missed out, instead of a knife the online retailer eventually just sent me a "so sorry" email. So if you really, really, really want the knife, you either have to quit your job so you can sit at home on your computer all day every day, or you pay the big price for it. I can't condone the business model from BBS, but if they find buyers then we can't say they are doing anything wrong.

The Cruwear Manix 2's have run from about $130 to about $165 but even at $165 they are sold out. The only place you can buy one and be sure of getting it is from BBS, or maybe Spyderco directly. I tried to preorder the Cruwear Military at a decent price and missed out, instead of a knife the online retailer eventually just sent me a "so sorry" email. So if you really, really, really want the knife, you either have to quit your job so you can sit at home on your computer all day every day, or you pay the big price for it. I can't condone the business model from BBS, but if they find buyers then we can't say they are doing anything wrong.

Yup all legal. Free market, Capitalism... You name it. Illegal? No. Doing anything wrong? Guess not.

All acknowledged. Thanks for enlightening us.

I really really really want some things, but I like money too much to be bamboozled... That $230 Cruwear they're selling is actually closer to $260 after taxes and shipping. It's a ripoff. I understand that some people like MONEY less than I do so YMMV.

BTW,aren't you supposed to be at work?

Just to add, say they have a rare knife that I really really really want...

Nope. Principle. YMMV, just sharing mine.

Yup all legal. Free market, Capitalism... You name it. Illegal? No. Doing anything wrong? Guess not.

All acknowledged. Thanks for enlightening us.

I really really really want some things, but I like money too much to be bamboozled... That $230 Cruwear they're selling is actually closer to $260 after taxes and shipping. It's a ripoff. I understand that some people like MONEY less than I do so YMMV.

BTW,aren't you supposed to be at work?
Ha! :)

XHP isn't in the same class with S90V, 204P, M390 or similar steels. XHP is in the same general class with S30V and Elmax, depending on HT, primary and secondary bevels, etc.

XHP,S90v,204P, M390 deserve a higher price. But Elmax? It's in the same range PRICE and PERFORMANCE wise to S30v... Would have been $120 tops if it was a standard sprint. Look at the recent Cruwear Elmax BullBS charges $230 while a place like KnifeWorks had it up for $125 today. Free market yeah yeah yeah, but the price difference is atrocious. BBS is in the business of ripping people off and the only way they stay afloat is through exclusives.

Not gonna fall for it...Elmax PM2 for $200?(They wanted $300 for it at first). That's why almost two months in and it still isn't sold out. People are learning. Not all though... Vote with your wallets people, it's not worth it and they will continue to hog exclusives if YOU KEEP BUYING THEM.

S90v Military for $260 plus tax plus shipping plus insurance STILL SITIING IN THEIR SHELVES. Good job folks.

XHP,S90v,204P, M390 deserve a higher price.

XHP isn't in the same class with S90V, 204P, M390 or similar steels. XHP is in the same general class with S30V and Elmax, depending on HT, primary and secondary bevels, etc.

... And the XHP started at $130 when Jeff first got them if I recall. It was a reply to Noddy13 who missed out on these at original retail prices. So lump the three together, fair enough... If you shop around: S30v, $106. XHP at Jeff's original retail, $130-$160. Elmax, $300 lowered to $200. Just as a random comparative, a recent Kershaw Blur in Elmax is $90 USA made also. It is also priced the highest out of all the PM2's except for the composite CF. Elmax. Elmax. (Iverson voice lol).

I said "deserve". I know XHP well, I've owned some pricey midtechs and several Spydercos including the orange PM2 and I in a way place XHP as worth the secondary market mark up because of the higher regard I've had for them, a personal bias but I think my point and opinions still stand..... But ok, point taken. Let's omit the XHP on my deserving list. Outcome is still ugly with the Elmax compared to the S30v and the XHP as they are priced AND at how BBS runs to be able to get one. They can't even guarantee delivery.

People will buy them, if they think it's worth it. It's not only that I dont think it's worth it, I'd also rather not support that site. They made the exclusive, they're free to charge whatever they want. I should back off out of respect to those who do feel it's worth it. You bought two of these Elmax Para's correct? Congrats, nice knife.

Last edited:
Elmax. Elmax. (Iverson voice lol).

"We sittin' up here talking bout Elmax? We ain't even taking about S90V, or 204p... We talkin bout Elmax. Elmax... Elmax. We ain't talkin bout M390... we talkin bout Elmax." Sorry... I had to keep it going.

I bought a S90V Military from them. My favorite knife.

I_ain't_even_mad_will_smith.png

... And the XHP started at $130 when Jeff first got them if I recall. It was a reply to Noddy13 who missed out on these at original retail prices. So lump the three together, fair enough... If you shop around: S30v, $106. XHP at Jeff's original retail, $130-$160. Elmax, $300 lowered to $200. Just as a random comparative, a recent Kershaw Blur in Elmax is $90 USA made also. It is also priced the highest out of all the PM2's except for the composite CF. Elmax. Elmax. (Iverson voice lol).

I said "deserve". I know XHP well, I've owned some pricey midtechs and several Spydercos including the orange PM2 and I in a way place XHP as worth the secondary market mark up because of the higher regard I've had for them, a personal bias but I think my point and opinions still stand..... But ok, point taken. Let's omit the XHP on my deserving list. Outcome is still ugly with the Elmax compared to the S30v and the XHP as they are priced AND at how BBS runs to be able to get one. They can't even guarantee delivery.

People will buy them, if they think it's worth it. It's not only that I dont think it's worth it, I'd also rather not support that site. They made the exclusive, they're free to charge whatever they want. I should back off out of respect to those who do feel it's worth it. You bought two of these Elmax Para's correct? Congrats, nice knife.

CS's price on that one was crazy - it's not a good price comparison, though it would be nice if it were.

Actually the first price was $117 as of 12/28/2011..... that's what I paid

Same here. That was an interesting pricing strategy. IIRC, it went up something like $10 in increments every few days until it sold out, which didn't take long.

What a pity they didn't do one in S90V, would've bust a leg buying that, although the international shipping rate is beyond stupid.

Same here. That was an interesting pricing strategy. IIRC, it went up something like $10 in increments every few days until it sold out, which didn't take long.

I recall the same. I think they sold in less than 4 days, but my memory could be failing me.

Back