Para 2 Sprint - Foliage Green w/ Elmax

What a pity they didn't do one in S90V, would've bust a leg buying that, although the international shipping rate is beyond stupid.

Spyderco has already done two sprints in S90V (one solid, the other clad with CPM 154) so that probably isn't on the menu of choices for exclusives.

I'm aware of that, but given its popularity, I'm sure another run in that steel would be very well received. Well, it would by me in any event. :p

Spyderco has already done two sprints in S90V (one solid, the other clad with CPM 154) so that probably isn't on the menu of choices for exclusives.

Got one last week! It is beautiful ! Seriously perfect centering, grind, edge and lockup. The foliage scales are a great color. Love it! I like Elmax too. It's maybe no 204p or m390 , but still great steel.

Got mine, carried and used it for a week, cleaned and lubed it, touched it up on the Sharpmaker.
Blade deployment was still a bit tight so backed off the 2 pivot screws a very very tiny amount and now it's exactly right. Blade swings freely, with virtually no side to side play when open, and well centered when closed.
The compression lock is a little bit sticky to release, I think that will wear in with use.
My 3rd Para 2 and yeah, I'm pretty happy with it and looking forward to seeing how Elmax compares to the S30V and S35VN.

Got my first one, sold it the next day. Then ordered a second one and sold it 3 days later. It just doesn't do it for me. The Elmax didn't come sharp at all on either of my knives, the ventering was on and it felt ok but I guess I'm just brainwashed by my Para 2 2010 s90v Sprint that I carry. There is that one and then there is the rest of the spydercos. I know it is expensive but worth every penny. I have one that is BNIB in my Para 2 Sprint collection and then was lucky enough to find another one that was also BNIB and bought that one and that knife I carry about every other day. I would highly recommend that if you are into Para 2s in any way to go out and find one before they are all bought by collector's and users and buy one ASAP as you simply will not find a better Para 2.

Anyone get this knife and like it? I don't own any Elmax knives, and I would consider buying this one. Also on the wish list is the M390 PM2 bbs has, but it's out of stock.

Anyone get this knife and like it? I don't own any Elmax knives, and I would consider buying this one. Also on the wish list is the M390 PM2 bbs has, but it's out of stock.

It might be back at a later date, but nobody knows when that is.

Received my sample today from BBS. Slightly disappointed. The primary grind of the blade is beautiful, however the V-Grind is questionable, and pretty uneven closer to the tip. Please see the photos. It's a very nice nice though. Nice lock up, no blade play, and smooth. Must be a Friday knife.

15137234011_96be6c7d79_h.jpg

14953658998_2313b667e1_h.jpg

14953658088_571f38bfea_h.jpg

Last edited:
For better and worse, they are hand-sharpened, so the secondary bevels do vary.

I really like the color of the G10 LOL, not too excited about Elmax. I'm going to pass on this one, especially since the regular S30V ones are readily available for $100 new or even less used and I'm not a collector.

Received my sample today from BBS. Slightly disappointed. The primary grind of the blade is beautiful, however the V-Grind is questionable, and pretty uneven closer to the tip. Please see the photos. It's a very nice nice though. Nice lock up, no blade play, and smooth. Must be a Friday knife.

Looks pretty good to me and should cut just fine. If your just going to look at it then a high polished reprofiled edge looks nicer anyway.

Back