Para 3 happiness

Couldn`t be more happy with this one... PM 1, PM 2 and Para 3...

OBtoN7xl.jpg
OBeaYA3l.jpg

Gripping options...

GW31sT9l.jpg
BhlM4Kol.jpg

Para 3 vs. Delica...

wyMvo5sl.jpg
vSl7Njcl.jpg

Perfect EDC size to me...

D2s23VGl.jpg
2GL3xrnl.jpg

Really nice comparison photo with the Delica ! Congrats, sweet EDC. :D:thumbup:

Great review and pictures. I carry mine almost every day of the week now, it's a great knife.

I was a little worried about the Para 3 after reading complaints of how much stuck out when it was clipped to the pocket. After having it for a few days, and trying it both tip up and tip down, I'm finding it's a non-issue for me. Really, the only complaint I can level against the knife, is I wish the clip was a bit shorter. I certainly wouldn't complain if they designed it with a wire clip either. Otherwise, the handle fits me perfectly, and it had one of the best Spyderco edges I've ever seen out of the box. I'm glad I took made the jump and picked one up.

Sure..

qgqn2b6l.jpg

gMhvX17l.jpg

Yz67EYzl.jpg

Native blade beeing a tad longer, but handle a tad shorter than the Para 3. Delica and Para 3 shares aprox. same handle/blade lenght.

I have a Sage 5 and Para 3 and love both of them. The only minor complaint I have is I will need to grind a sharpening choil for the Para 3 as the grind at the heel presents a slight up-swept area in front of the ricasso/plunge grind. The Sage 5 grind is uniform all the way to the ricasso. No big deal as I have done the same thing to three Delica 4 knives.

I have a Sage 5 and Para 3 and love both of them. The only minor complaint I have is I will need to grind a sharpening choil for the Para 3 as the grind at the heel presents a slight up-swept area in front of the ricasso/plunge grind. The Sage 5 grind is uniform all the way to the ricasso. No big deal as I have done the same thing to three Delica 4 knives.

I noticed that as well, though it's certainly not as pronounced as it was on the Para 2 that i used to own.

Very cool, where did you get that clip for the victorinox.

Not sure if i'm allowed to menthion the name of the webpage here on this forum, but i think they claim to be the worlds largest marketplace on the internet. Search for titanium pocket suspension clip, you will find that excatly clip at an US dealer at $4,99, you will allso find some chinese copys at other dealers.

Sure..

qgqn2b6l.jpg

gMhvX17l.jpg

Yz67EYzl.jpg

Native blade beeing a tad longer, but handle a tad shorter than the Para 3. Delica and Para 3 shares aprox. same handle/blade lenght.

Thanks for the pics! I have always considered the Native to be a "little, big knife" due to it's wide blade. The Delica, not so much. It looks like the little Para is just as wide. I like the longer handle too. I am more interested now. :)

It`s a scaled down version of the PM 2, very suitable for medium to large size hands, i think it`cool. :)

I look forward to putting mine through some hard paces. I have small-ish hands and it fits very well for me.

I love my Para 3! I find it funny that the first thing everyone does, is put a deeper carry pocket clip on it. I did the same thing. Everything thing else is sublime. Nice pics:)

Like this?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1472000-Sal-will-you-please-take-a-look-at-this

I love my Para 3! I find it funny that the first thing everyone does, is put a deeper carry pocket clip on it. I did the same thing. Everything thing else is sublime. Nice pics:)

Thanks - Para 3 and Delica is nearly similar in lenght, with that in mind, i have lost my Delica several times out of my front pocket, have lost folders flipping open when hitting the floor right in front of other people. Severel times lost my Delica in my car, once for good as the car was sold shortly after. Dont want to do this to my Para 3 or to any other knife any more.

Glad you like your alternate pocket clip. It's a matter of personal preference, I like the stock version. :)

Been carrying my Para 3 for almost a week now and still very happy with it! It carrys very well in the pocket and you forget about it untill you actually need it.

Came home from work today and decided to grap my PM 2 to feel the diffrence. PM 2 feels like a big folder when used to the Para 3 and it snaps open with a huge click that scarry the shit out of non knife people. Without choking up the PM 2 its a four finger grip, you have to choke up the Para 3 to get that.

If you dont want a smaller folder than the PM 2, dont buy the Para 3, but if you love the PM 2 and want something smaller for edc, that you can actually flip open without causing too much attention, this is the knife for you. Me, i love it, love the PM 2, too.

uasLPGyl.jpg
J7PoxxEl.jpg

Aren't they just about perfect. Have been carrying mine daily for about a month now, have nearly no complaints!

Couldn't agree more. Happiness - check. Significant size difference between PM2 - check.

There is a 1 inch overall difference in size. You can definitely feel it. P3 became my M-F EDC; PM2 is a weekend warrior.

rl4aDfB.jpg

Back