1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Para 3 happiness

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by ragnerok, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Vinifera

Vinifera

Aug 13, 2015
  2. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    dam good comparison shot of these two,thank you sir.:thumbup:

3. Arco_10

Arco_10

Sep 15, 2013
    Nice little knife !!!
    Quick question OP ... what is that little foldable plier/screwdriver tool you show in one of you pics ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. ragnerok

ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    Weekend Warrior! I liked that one. :thumbup:

My pleasure. :thumbup:

I`t a Sebertool, made in the USA. This is no joke, i`t an very strong and usefull little tool, easy to carry on a key ring.

5. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    Yesterday I ran into a sharpening issue with my Para 3. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get rid of the burr. I decided to take it to the diamond stones, and then finished up on the white Sharpmaker stones. This is the first time I've ever had this issue with a Spyderco, but as thin as the grind is, I guess it's possible the heat treat was a little screwy right at the edge. It looks like I got rid of any weak steel, because it seems to sharpen up just fine now.

6. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    For those adding a deep carry clip to the Para 3, are they the ones from the site that ryhmes with gray?

7. anycal

anycal

Jan 11, 2017
    Yes. Some can also be found on sites rhyming with marathon and fadehq.

8. Scooter70

Scooter70 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2015
    Mine came directly from Casey Lynch.

[​IMG]

9. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I really wanted a Para 3 until I saw the picture of it next to the Delica. Seems like a souped up version of the Delica with a different lock. I'm a little disappointed but hey, every knife doesn't work for everyone.

10. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    My little Saturday project

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Allen Putman makes some really nice scales
    [​IMG]

Right hand clip side is the stepped side of the pivot. Very crucial when you go to adjust pivot tension, as the stepped side is different on different models.
    [​IMG]

All assembled with perfect fit and finish!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    That looks great!!

12. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    ^ I'm liking that orange Para 3!

13. Spy D

Spy D Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Very cool orange Para!

14. ragnerok

ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    Turned out REALLY nice! Handle slabs looks like they are thicker than original?

Btw: have managde to twist my deep carry clip on my Para 3, when carrying in my front Pocket, anyone else?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  15. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Yes, they are slightly thicker than factory.