Para 3 happiness

No a bit worse than that. The sharpening stops short of the ricasso/plunge line and the blade is slightly taller at the ricasso. I intend to grind a sharpening notch at the heel to fix it.

Ricasso_zpsyiddvrgg.jpg

Sure..

qgqn2b6l.jpg

gMhvX17l.jpg

Yz67EYzl.jpg

Native blade beeing a tad longer, but handle a tad shorter than the Para 3. Delica and Para 3 shares aprox. same handle/blade lenght.

dam good comparison shot of these two,thank you sir.:thumbup:

Nice little knife !!!
Quick question OP ... what is that little foldable plier/screwdriver tool you show in one of you pics ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. Happiness - check. Significant size difference between PM2 - check.

There is a 1 inch overall difference in size. You can definitely feel it. P3 became my M-F EDC; PM2 is a weekend warrior.

Weekend Warrior! I liked that one. :thumbup:

dam good comparison shot of these two,thank you sir.:thumbup:

My pleasure. :thumbup:

Nice little knife !!!
Quick question OP ... what is that little foldable plier/screwdriver tool you show in one of you pics ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I`t a Sebertool, made in the USA. This is no joke, i`t an very strong and usefull little tool, easy to carry on a key ring.

Yesterday I ran into a sharpening issue with my Para 3. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get rid of the burr. I decided to take it to the diamond stones, and then finished up on the white Sharpmaker stones. This is the first time I've ever had this issue with a Spyderco, but as thin as the grind is, I guess it's possible the heat treat was a little screwy right at the edge. It looks like I got rid of any weak steel, because it seems to sharpen up just fine now.

For those adding a deep carry clip to the Para 3, are they the ones from the site that ryhmes with gray?

I really wanted a Para 3 until I saw the picture of it next to the Delica. Seems like a souped up version of the Delica with a different lock. I'm a little disappointed but hey, every knife doesn't work for everyone.

My little Saturday project

dAh8lI7.jpg

4IvW6mK.jpg

Allen Putman makes some really nice scales
uJqgDdE.jpg

Right hand clip side is the stepped side of the pivot. Very crucial when you go to adjust pivot tension, as the stepped side is different on different models.
Xhxj8Ld.jpg

All assembled with perfect fit and finish!
wylcpYK.jpg

5K0m8xx.jpg

w7TYW2o.jpg

Turned out REALLY nice! Handle slabs looks like they are thicker than original?

Btw: have managde to twist my deep carry clip on my Para 3, when carrying in my front Pocket, anyone else?

Last edited:
Back