Para 3 in December CONFIRMED!

https://imgur.com/gallery/3h311
v7wj6h8.jpg

WA2f5V9.jpg

gOjh2UY.jpg

kjvNp0g.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, those pics make me want one even more. P3 and a Sage5 would be a great combo.

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

How is the compression lock? I recall my sage 5 being on the stiffer side due to the lock bar being shorter. The pm3 exhibit same? Looks so similar in size.

The lock is almost identical to the PM2. It's still new, but I can't really feel a difference. Maybe a tad stiffer, but it's sooooo close that it's hard to tell. I don't have a Sage 5, so I can't compare the two.

It is small, but I think that was the point. It handles like a smaller EDC, but it's got the guts to handle the harder use tasks as well. For me, it's a nice option between my Dragonfly and PM2. I was worried about the ergos because I have meaty bricklayer mits, but that was put to rest instantly when I grabbed hold of it. Spyderco did a fantastic job on this knife.

A question: the Para 2 was always touted as having great ergos; it is well balanced and designed, a deligiht to use, according to reports.

I have small hands, so it was always too big for me. Does this smaller version exhibit the same qualities, in your opinion?

The lock is almost identical to the PM2. It's still new, but I can't really feel a difference. Maybe a tad stiffer, but it's sooooo close that it's hard to tell. I don't have a Sage 5, so I can't compare the two.

Thanks for the feedback.

A question: the Para 2 was always touted as having great ergos; it is well balanced and designed, a deligiht to use, according to reports.

I have small hands, so it was always too big for me. Does this smaller version exhibit the same qualities, in your opinion?

I would guess that this knife will fit you perfectly.

It is small, but I think that was the point. It handles like a smaller EDC, but it's got the guts to handle the harder use tasks as well. For me, it's a nice option between my Dragonfly and PM2. I was worried about the ergos because I have meaty bricklayer mits, but that was put to rest instantly when I grabbed hold of it. Spyderco did a fantastic job on this knife.

Thanks for the info...waiting patiently for mine to be shipped...maybe not that patiently :rolleyes:

So I adjusted the pivot by a smidge and the blade falls easily fully into the handle when you press the lock release. Before it was as erect as a flag pole while pressing the release and if you flicked it, it would only partially close.

As a result, I've noticed the detent is rather light, or more specifically, its more light that the Sage 5 I have on hand. Opening is not difficult but it's not as easy as the Sage.

I have a black pocket clip on the way so it'll be all set soon.

smugshot_2513074-XL.jpg

So I adjusted the pivot by a smidge and the blade falls easily fully into the handle when you press the lock release. Before it was as erect as a flag pole while pressing the release and if you flicked it, it would only partially close.

As a result, I've noticed the detent is rather light, or more specifically, its more light that the Sage 5 I have on hand. Opening is not difficult but it's not as easy as the Sage.

I have a black pocket clip on the way so it'll be all set soon.

smugshot_2513074-XL.jpg

The light detent on my Sage 5 was one of the reasons it went on to a new home. It would flick open alright, but it just never felt right to me and I wasn't able to find that balance between the knife being too stiff to close one handed and too light with too much blade play and the detent being way too light.

Huge PM2 fan, but this Para 3 may be my favorite for actual use, just a much more practical size for me. I still love my PM2's, but normal EDC work seems like it'll be much easier with the Para 3. Stupid smooth, superb action, fit and finish is some of the best I've seen from their Golden factory, just awesome. Can't wait for some sprint runs, here's to hoping they make an M390!

I'm sure there will be dealer exclusive galore in the near future with Para3 now the the mold and tooling are perfected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back