1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Para 3 in December CONFIRMED!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by kniferbro, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Jerame

Jerame

Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Thanks for pics. Really don't know how i feel about this one....

3. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Ok, those pics make me want one even more. P3 and a Sage5 would be a great combo.

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

4. jd_elam

jd_elam Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Great pictures, thanks!

5. Brusiedmeat

Brusiedmeat Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2015
    How is the compression lock? I recall my sage 5 being on the stiffer side due to the lock bar being shorter. The pm3 exhibit same? Looks so similar in size.

6. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Too small, a pass for me. The pm2 was already a perfect knife.

7. Jerame

Jerame

Jun 8, 2015
    The lock is almost identical to the PM2. It's still new, but I can't really feel a difference. Maybe a tad stiffer, but it's sooooo close that it's hard to tell. I don't have a Sage 5, so I can't compare the two.

8. Jerame

Jerame

Jun 8, 2015
    It is small, but I think that was the point. It handles like a smaller EDC, but it's got the guts to handle the harder use tasks as well. For me, it's a nice option between my Dragonfly and PM2. I was worried about the ergos because I have meaty bricklayer mits, but that was put to rest instantly when I grabbed hold of it. Spyderco did a fantastic job on this knife.

9. ASBOB

ASBOB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2008
    A question: the Para 2 was always touted as having great ergos; it is well balanced and designed, a deligiht to use, according to reports.

I have small hands, so it was always too big for me. Does this smaller version exhibit the same qualities, in your opinion?

10. Brusiedmeat

Brusiedmeat Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback.

11. Jerame

Jerame

Jun 8, 2015
    My pleasure.

12. Jerame

Jerame

Jun 8, 2015
    I would guess that this knife will fit you perfectly.

13. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Thanks for the info...waiting patiently for mine to be shipped...maybe not that patiently :rolleyes:

14. Scooter70

Scooter70 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2015
    Same here. Wife pre-ordered one for me for Christmas. Now that others are getting theirs I want mine.

15. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    I'm in the same boat my friend!

16. alinla

alinla

Feb 23, 2016
    So I adjusted the pivot by a smidge and the blade falls easily fully into the handle when you press the lock release. Before it was as erect as a flag pole while pressing the release and if you flicked it, it would only partially close.

As a result, I've noticed the detent is rather light, or more specifically, its more light that the Sage 5 I have on hand. Opening is not difficult but it's not as easy as the Sage.

I have a black pocket clip on the way so it'll be all set soon.

[​IMG]

17. mjpgolf1

mjpgolf1

Feb 4, 2016
    The light detent on my Sage 5 was one of the reasons it went on to a new home. It would flick open alright, but it just never felt right to me and I wasn't able to find that balance between the knife being too stiff to close one handed and too light with too much blade play and the detent being way too light.

18. `br4dz-

`br4dz- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Huge PM2 fan, but this Para 3 may be my favorite for actual use, just a much more practical size for me. I still love my PM2's, but normal EDC work seems like it'll be much easier with the Para 3. Stupid smooth, superb action, fit and finish is some of the best I've seen from their Golden factory, just awesome. Can't wait for some sprint runs, here's to hoping they make an M390!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. wiredbeans

wiredbeans

Apr 5, 2015
    I'm sure there will be dealer exclusive galore in the near future with Para3 now the the mold and tooling are perfected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. alinla

alinla

Feb 23, 2016
    I'm in for a M390 version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk