Para 3 in December CONFIRMED!

That lynch clip fixes the riding high issue for the most part. Tip down, I try to avoid if possible.

Is it just me or does the online 2017 catalog list the Para 3 as 3 ounces but I keep hearing 3.4 ounces in video reviews. I just checked a few popular online vendors and they have it as 3 ounces as well.

Now if it is a 3 inch blade and 3 ounces weight that would really be a Para 3.

,,,Mike in Canada

Is it just me or does the online 2017 catalog list the Para 3 as 3 ounces but I keep hearing 3.4 ounces in video reviews. I just checked a few popular online vendors and they have it as 3 ounces as well.

Now if it is a 3 inch blade and 3 ounces weight that would really be a Para 3.

,,,Mike in Canada
I have a good scale and weighed both the Para 3s I've had. One weighs 3.452 oz and the other is 3.438 oz.

I can only assume Spyderco's prototype Para 3 weighed 3.0 oz so that's what they printed. Or...it's an honest mistake. I've also weighed all my other Spydies and they were all the same or pretty close to the published weights.

b2899c5d03c7b02abff0a4c641755921.jpg

Bravo Spyderco! I love it...

I love that Copper Beta....I have one just like it. It shows how small the PM3 is.

I thought I would pass on the baby Para....but.....maybe....

:encouragement:

Finally picked mine up this weekend. I really like it. I went through a time when I didn't appreciate FRN and thought knife handles should be anything but "plastic". The Para3 is everything I wished the Delica was at that time.

I have since come to lIke and really appreciate the FRN so my "it needs I be g10" mentality has gone away. But it's really cool to hold something I thought I needed years ago.

My P3 with 100% more black clip (tip down of course)

4c3744c7b1a2e52d46e61091b69b7cec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the lighting or did you do something to the blade? It looks like a carbon steel with patina.

Is that the lighting or did you do something to the blade? It looks like a carbon steel with patina.

That's 100% American Office Fluorescent tube lighting. Straight outta camera to your screen. In real life it looks the same as everyone else's.

Just got mine today.

Impressions:

Great action. On a new PM2, I am used to having a bit of a stiff action out of the box and usually loosen the pivot or adjust the stop pin slightly. This one is smooth and drops cleanly when the lock is disengaged without loosening the pivot. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think the floating stop pin is an improvement.

It feels solid and capable. It's about the same size as the Sage 5, but the Sage is a bit more gentlemanly, if you will. The Para 3 feels like it's ready to do some dirty work if needed. It's thicker and feels like a good work knife.

Centering is perfect. It seems well-built.

It's not as svelte as the PM2, but it shouldn't matter if you just want to whip it out and get some work done.

My only "gripe" is that the pocket clip is too long for such a small knife. At least when first handling it, I noticed that the end of the clip gets in the way (just a bit) of my fingers when disengaging the lock. But that can be easily remedied with an after-market clip, something I see in my immediate future. No big deal, but something I noticed. At least it comes tip up.

Other than that, it's solid. The ergos are excellent. It took a moment for my brain to adjust to what felt like a mind-warping "Oh, this is a PM2 — Oh, wait, it's not — or is it?" sensation at first, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Do I prefer it to the PM2? No, but I like it. I'm sure I'll bring it along on trips to cities where there's a 3" blade limit. I like having that option.

For those who want a PM2 but are limited to 3" by knife laws, this is a no-brainer. Get one.

Here's mine with a Sage 5 for comparison:

WF1tMGQ.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday, I'm liking it so far. The clip placement is a bit of a concern, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The black clip helps and it rides not bad in jeans. I may try out a deep carry clip after carrying for a while.

DLT has them in stock, just ordered one. Do not pay the secondary inflated prices on a regular production knife..

Back