Para 3 Lightweight

The reason BD1N is hyped is it's a revolutionary steel. It has a cost (materials and machining) like common budget steels, but it performs just shy of vastly more expensive entry level super steels. It's super corrosion resistant, but still holds an edge excellently and has good toughness for a stainless steel. BD1N and LC200N are showing that nitrogen enhanced steels might be the future for cutlery steels. Few steels can match their performance with the balance between edge retention, corrosion resistance, and toughness. Now BD1N also brings in low cost with that performance.

I agree, and this is really the first nitrogen steel that has enough of it to make a real difference (unlike 14C28N) and be reasonably priced.

Vanax is an amazing steel, it has over 1.5% N and a large amount of vanadium so it forms Vanadium nitrides BUT it’s horrifyingly expensive, like more than Maxamet!

Well, it did show at a couple of websites and now it's gone. How many did they stock at first? 20 per vendor?

They ALL still say pre order and out of stock, not just out of stock. So if by chance they showed up, it was a blip, not a sell.

I'm thinking they got in a few CC #d ones and sold them quickly. If that's true, it’s an indication that the regular ones will follow shortly.

I'm hopeful this knife will be released in the USA before the end of April. I miss having a Para 3 and PM2 but I hate their clips. Hoping the Para 3 Lightweight strikes the perfect balance for me.

Reactions: AF
I'm hopeful this knife will be released in the USA before the end of April. I miss having a Para 3 and PM2 but I hate their clips. Hoping the Para 3 Lightweight strikes the perfect balance for me.

Para 3 clip stinks! Looking forward to the wire clip. PM2 clip is great.

I think I'm one of the few who doesn't mind the stock para 3 clip! Doesn't cause any hotspot for me, and I don't need deep carry. Will be interesting to compare with the lightweight when I finally get it.

I think I'm one of the few who doesn't mind the stock para 3 clip! Doesn't cause any hotspot for me, and I don't need deep carry. Will be interesting to compare with the lightweight when I finally get it.

No, I think its fine too.

Hopefully see these soon, I'm the most excited to try the wire clip with the Para 3.

Imo, the Para 3 clip has to be switched out immediately in favor of a Lynch or MXG.

I do enjoy the wire clip on my sage and manix 2 LW. The para should be just as awesome.

Back